Ebay fees & paying them - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%
Default Ebay fees & paying them

If your ebay and paypal are already linked, is it okay to pay your ebay fees with paypal?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Yes, and no. There are advantages of doing this, and some disadvantages. I pay all of my eBay fees with the paypal balance, however some sellers prefer to do this with a credit card, or gift card. Doing this keeps you from having to confirm a credit card with Ebay, and it lifts the selling limit.

The disadvantage is that you can have your bank account attached to paypal, and if the money is taken from paypal, it could be taken from your bank. If you're suspended, you obviously don't want to pay the eBay invoice! If you pay with your paypal balance, close the bank account the minute the accounts gets suspended and you know it's lost.
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yea, I am actually trying to pay my fees with Simon but I'm getting a weird error message. Im gonna try it on my laptop and see if I get the same message. Is there any other virtual gift card service similar to Simon that I can use to pay my fees?
Old 01-17-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Yea, I am actually trying to pay my fees with Simon but I'm getting a weird error message. Im gonna try it on my laptop and see if I get the same message. Is there any other virtual gift card service similar to Simon that I can use to pay my fees?
Most of these are really a bank account that comes with a gift card... the Simon account works. Are you getting the error message when you buy the card or pay the fees?

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to just pay the fees with paypal?
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm getting the error message while on the simon website. As soon as I click on 'Simon Gift Account' I get a Runtime error message. Never seen that before.

Yes I could pay with my paypal account, but I'm reluctant to do things different than I usually do. I have always paid with Simon and do not like to change methods that work.
Old 01-17-2010
MU

It won't affect anything. It would be cheaper..... also, if you can get a hold of the paypal debit card you'll get 1% back
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
If your ebay and paypal are already linked, is it okay to pay your ebay fees with paypal?
Doable BUT. If the account gets into trouble for any reason, ebay still goes after its fees. Therefore you are allowing ebay the chance to touch your money with this linking.

But if the fees are paid by a different means, then ebay can not touch YOUR FUNDS.... Saves having to run around closing accounts, panicking & getting caught if you pay seperate of paypal
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Doable BUT. If the account gets into trouble for any reason, ebay still goes after its fees. Therefore you are allowing ebay the chance to touch your money with this linking.

But if the fees are paid by a different means, then ebay can not touch YOUR FUNDS.... Saves having to run around closing accounts, panicking & getting caught if you pay seperate of paypal
Yea but I link my ebay and paypal when I create my account. When I sell my first item, it tells me I can't sell anything until I link my ebay and paypal. Also, when I create my ebay account, when it asks how you would like to pay your fees, I choose paypal to avoid adding a bank account and credit card.

So essentially my ebay and paypal are already linked, so I dont think it really matters if I pay my fees with paypal.
Old 01-17-2010

Can you go back and change how you want to pay for the Ebay fees?
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yea, you go to "My Account" in ebay and change it, but you either have to put in a credit/debit card or bank account. I'm definitely not putting in a BA; I'm going to try to put in a simon card if I can get it to work.
Old 01-17-2010

That's great idea....My only concern is that you really have to stay on top of it and make sure there are enough funds on this card to cover the fees. I admit I was lazy to do that, so PayPal takes it out of my account for now...but its convenient cause I can do all this on line before payment due date.
Now, can you fund over the same Simon card? or you need to get new one each time? If it takes openng new card every month.. I don't know if I am up to that...lol
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
That's great idea....My only concern is that you really have to stay on top of it and make sure there are enough funds on this card to cover the fees. I admit I was lazy to do that, so PayPal takes it out of my account for now...but its convenient cause I can do all this on line before payment due date.
Now, can you fund over the same Simon card? or you need to get new one each time? If it takes openng new card every month.. I don't know if I am up to that...lol
i was wondering the same thing. I'll test it and see and get back. I have been having bad luck with buying a Simon card tho. :(
Old 01-18-2010

Maybe someone has idea how to safely do that without having to fund the card first every month?
Old 01-18-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
i was wondering the same thing. I'll test it and see and get back. I have been having bad luck with buying a Simon card tho. :(
You're not the only one. It took me a week to be calling them back and forth to ask them why they haven't approved me until they finally picked up. Calling them 20 times a day, every hour and no answer. When they did, a girl picked up and said we need to verify that the credit card is yours so you will need to fax us a copy of the invoice. I told her I will do that in a few minutes but my card is a pre-paid credit card and she said it's not a problem as long as it has your name on it. So then I faxed it and called them back, no one answered once again, next morning a guy answers and said we don't accept pre-paid to pre-paid so my account will remain locked and they will return my funds back to the card which took another 3-4days. As a result of the lateness, my ebay account got suspended for late fee. I would not recommend simon. I rather just got to walmart and buy the Gift2Go, only thing bad about it is that it's 4.95 per card, non-reloadable and only come in $25, $50 and $100.

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 01-18-2010 at 10:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
vuive (01-22-2010)
Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I currently like to pay my ebay fees (if I do) with a credit card, if things go pear shaped I cancel the credit card.

I do this often and I figure the worst anyone could ever say is "hey, you cancel a lot of credit cards"

I will say "yup i lose my wallet all of the time"
Old 01-22-2010
Banned

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Yes, and no. There are advantages of doing this, and some disadvantages. I pay all of my eBay fees with the paypal balance, however some sellers prefer to do this with a credit card, or gift card. Doing this keeps you from having to confirm a credit card with Ebay, and it lifts the selling limit.

The disadvantage is that you can have your bank account attached to paypal, and if the money is taken from paypal, it could be taken from your bank. If you're suspended, you obviously don't want to pay the eBay invoice! If you pay with your paypal balance, close the bank account the minute the accounts gets suspended and you know it's lost.
The answer is exactly
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 82%

Can someone please HELP ME! can i pay e-bay fees everything via one-time-payment without linking any paypal or credit cards?? Can i still list items with having any paypal or credit linked? thank you
Old 01-27-2010

Hi, Ebay policy is if you don't have auto fee payment set up you cannot accrue more than £15 in fees.

Neo, use an Entropay card to pay your fees - far simpler!

CaptainJack
Old 01-28-2010

Longevity: 82%

I have 2 accounts currently, which i am using it. i used the card for account one which belongs to my brother but there was no money at that time so ebay send me notice then i removed that card immediately and paid via paypal (again my brother paypal) so everything was sorted. I should have done that from the beginning. But now i used the same card with my ebay account (2nd account) because the other card linked expired and i was waiting to receive a new card from back so i linked the card i used with the other account then ebay sent e-mail to my brother account informing me, your credit has been used on our site once again so they were just letting me know in case it is familiar member or relative, and they also said i should inform them soon if it is fraud. I know the answer already but just clear here :/ if something happens to one ebay, the other one will be banned too right??
Old 01-28-2010

Yes highly likely.

CaptainJack