eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Fees (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fees/)
-   -   Any way to avoid paying old fees? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fees/39956-any-way-avoid-paying-old-fees.html)

lorddamax 12-01-2011 09:50 AM

Any way to avoid paying old fees?

A few years back before I knew about linked accounts and all that, I sold some stuff on ebay. They shut me down for a reason I dont remember clearly. I opened a new account and sold a ton... and racked up $580 in fees in one month. They shut me down again, but by that time the item I was selling was past its prime so I didnt bother opening a new account, and let them eat the fees.

Now, keep in mind, back then I wasnt aware of the linking... I used the same paypal account for all these ebay accounts.

Now, here's my problem. I have a legitimate buisness. Like, I have federal tax ID's, state licenses, etc, completely up and up legit. I'd like to sell my products on ebay under my real name, real info, an ebay ID matching my company name, not a stealth account that could disappear at any time.

I made an account, even made a new paypal account for the business, but they linked it all together. (New and old accounts linked by address I'm sure. Account owing $580 linked to old acccount via cookie and IP - not my real info in there)

Now here's the deal... except for the paypal account link I've got some deniability to the $580 in 4 year old ebay fees. Its not under my real name or address. Ebay says its been sent to collections, but not to me, as they never had my real info.

Do I have any chance at fighting that and getting those old fees on the shadow account unlinked from my real name? I'd like to have a real, legit ebay account (already have a stealth account that I use for my more 'shady' practices).

Has anyone successfully done that?

I am not paying those jackasses $580 for the "pleasure" of selling on my new account (and then being ID verified, locked out, fax in drivers license, etc). But ebay is incredible marketing. I'd like to have my products on there.

Any thoughts?

glasstree 12-01-2011 12:26 PM

So are you saying that the total you owe eBay is $580 on an old account with a bogus name? This $580 account you set up with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name but used your real address, and an old PP in your real name or what? And the ONLY way your now legit business eBay and PP accounts are linked to that bogus account is through some old PP account? Can you clarify what eBay wants from you (is it the $580 -- or more?) and exactly how did they link the real YOU to these old accounts? (something tells me it's more than just by address).
Please add some more detail and maybe we can give you better feedback.

rsot 12-01-2011 12:47 PM

I like the probing glasstree - tis the right way to approach it.

The other clarification q for lorddamax is that you stated eb said it's been sent to collections - have you verified this? Credit history has not taken a hit, right?

pod 12-01-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorddamax (Post 291734)
Do I have any chance at fighting that and getting those old fees on the shadow account unlinked from my real name?

I would say zero chance. Its happened to legitimate sellers being tied to accounts they actually have nothing to do with and they wont budge. They may go as far as to say pay up and all will be good. That's a lie just to get the money. They have a basic when in doubt, kill attitude.

Basically, the link is done and so is your real info

pod 12-01-2011 11:59 PM

Very sound theory, in principle. Tons of folks get burned when it has nothing to do with them. Unfortunately.

However, they would rather lose a good guy then put what they consider a bad guy back up. They wont budge

lorddamax 12-02-2011 10:39 AM

To answer the questions...

I owed $580 on an account I made with a bogus name, and very likely a bogus address (why use my address when the name was bogus. I cant verify it tho).

The paypal the payments were sent to (and linked to ebay) was my main, normal, still in use for other purposes paypal address.

My legit account is linked to 5 closed accounts (all closed around the same time - same reason for everyone else who's 1st accounts were closed, they didnt know about the linking etc) because my legit account has my legit address. Some of the closed accounts I've admitted are mine. One even had a $102 balance on it I paid, because that went to collections and I actually got the letters and the calls and it was on my credit.

The $580 account however is NOT on my credit and I've never heard from a credit agency about it. But it's linked to the others very likely through coookies and IP addresses.

But if the case stands that legit people are bogusly linked to bad accounts and shut down for it, and theres no getting it back, then likely I'm forever for life banned from ebay (how effin assanine is that? ebay acts like a petulant child throwing a fit. I dont want your money you were MEAN you cant play with me!).

And truth is, I have the $580. And by opening my ebay account up, I'd likely make that $580 back in a month. BUT. There is absolutely NO guarantee that I'd be allowed back on ebay if I did pay the $580. So, its not happening. Hence the attempt to fight my way out of it.

See, if the collection is not on my credit I fail to see how they can link me to it. How could they say "We cant prove it was you, so its not on your credit report, but, we know it's you so you cant sell here". Makes no sense.

I swear, ebay is run by a retarded spider monkey.

WHY won't google compete with them?

pod 12-02-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorddamax (Post 292128)
We cant prove it was you, so its not on your credit report, but, we know it's you so you cant sell here

That's it right there. When in doubt they favor on the side of caution.

They simply do not care if they are right or not. They only care about avoiding losing money

Doesn't mean you are done. Everyone on here has had their real info burned one way or another. That's what stealth is for....

lorddamax 12-02-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 292138)
That's it right there. When in doubt they favor on the side of caution.

They simply do not care if they are right or not. They only care about avoiding losing money

Doesn't mean you are done. Everyone on here has had their real info burned one way or another. That's what stealth is for....

And thats where the retarded monkey comes in. They are losing MORE money by not letting my run my legit business on there, than they'd get my extorting the $580 out of me. Morons.

And yeah, I have a stealth account, but like I said, this is a legitimate business. Real website. Real storefront. I cant change all that if the stealth account is nuked, and if the stealth is nuked, the work required to redo it all, given I am NOT portable, would be massive.

Combine that with the fact I dont want to have a "⊗⊗⊗⊗" face on ebay for my real business. Makes me look shady.

Its why I'm trying the hoops... I need to be legit for the legit business. My shady stuff, thats another story. ;)

pod 12-02-2011 11:23 AM

Unless I am not understanding the situation, you stiffed them on a bunch of money but think they are stupid for not letting you take another run at it?

If a customer burns you for $600 and asks do do business with you again in a year because "this time" it will be ok, you would?

I'm not defending them, dont get me wrong. But you seem baffled as to why they do this

The system sucks, you bet. But seriously, someone burns me for a bunch of cash I am not doing business with them again. That has to make sense, no?

lorddamax 12-02-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 292144)
Unless I am not understanding the situation, you stiffed them on a bunch of money but think they are stupid for not letting you take another run at it?

If a customer burns you for $600 and asks do do business with you again in a year because "this time" it will be ok, you would?

I'm not defending them, dont get me wrong. But you seem baffled as to why they do this

The system sucks, you bet. But seriously, someone burns me for a bunch of cash I am not doing business with them again. That has to make sense, no?

No, I'm not baffled. I'm asking how to get around it, and yes, screw them. Same as everyone else here does by making stealth accounts. If everyone here was legit and honest, they'd follow the rules and pay their fees and there'd be no stealth guide.

As for someone burning you and you not doing business with them, you and I know I burned them. They don't know. They are guessing it might have been me.

But as a merchant, if a customer MIGHT have burned me for $500, and I think it might be them, but cant be sure, and they are there, money in hand to buy something else, do I turn them away? No. Thats stupid. Because burned for $500 minus the money they have in hand is better than burned for $500 and nothing at all. Because in reality, I know that customer can jsut send a friend in (stealth account) to do the transaction anyway. Either way, I cant really stop him, so why cause more hassle for everyone involved?

POint is - I can stealth it if I want to. I dont want to. It's a pain in the ass for my legit business. They cant be sure it's me, so why turn away the money?

Ebay's the only company I've ever seen that intentionally turns away money because there exists the chance that the person giving them that money MIGHT not be playing fair. No evidence, at ALL, but there's the thought that it might possibly not be kosher, so, you're banned.

I dont get it.

pod 12-02-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorddamax (Post 292157)
POint is - I can stealth it if I want to. I dont want to. It's a pain in the ass for my legit business..

I know that one all too well. There is absolutely nothing you can do. Nothing

Pay them every penny from every account and it will not matter one bit. Its important that you understand there is nothing you can do and move forward

Even if you were in the right [and here you are not] you would still be screwed

Depending on product you could try having an account that is setup as an "official distributor" or agent. Sounds like its your product so if you had an agent selling on your behalf it may be easy to gently combine bogus info with your real biz. You would need to tread lightly and without knowing all the details it could be very easy or tricky. All info on account is different but you would still be able to mention product brand and name.

There may be a creative way to do this and not link to your company with a little outside the box thinking

As far as getting your real info back on, wont happen. So you need to go with Plan B.

glasstree 12-02-2011 11:22 PM

There still seems to be some key factors missing from this story.
If you say they can't prove it's you, then I'm not sure what you're worried about. If there is some link to you (IP ... cookies ... using your REAL Paypal account in conjunction with a delinquent ebay account, not to mention several others) then they gotcha. Plain & simple.

I would agree with Pod - "...you stiffed them on a bunch of money but think they are stupid for not letting you take another run at it?"

And the way it works, eBay trusts sellers to pay fees AFTER listing. So it's not really like you're offering to give them any money straight away before they let you do business to begin with. So if they have any suspicions, they do have the right to turn you away. If you paid the $580 and they still said no, you can't sell here - would it be fair? No - but then again, who needs who (really)?

The way things are heading with eBay, they don't want small time sellers or small business people anymore ... they don't want some individual guy who has 1 or 2 (or whatever) really great products to sell. They want corporate China - dollar store vendors basically. And those types of sellers have no suspicion surrounding them, at least in eBay's eyes. You would not be what they want for their future would be my best guess - that is if they are giving you any challenge with these old accounts and the (proposed or established) new "legitimate" account.

No, no one here is a saint, and we've all had problems with eBay BUT ... you're saying you want to be legitimate now. And you've said you have the $580. So if I'm getting this all correctly, I see you have 2 options: A) pay the bill and take your chances that eBay will let you use their site to sell again OR B) move on and forget eBay, at least as far as your above-the-radar business goes. If I were you, I'd just stop fighting it, or trying to fool them again, and pay them the money that's owed, in earnest.

Why don't you try setting up your own website? If you have a really good idea, it's just a matter of some patience before you become known and business starts flowing. eBay could be a thing of the past, if you want it to be.

GreenBean 12-03-2011 12:38 AM

You can not have your cake and eat it.

You choose a course of behavior.

ebay choose to punish you.

Accept the responsibility.

I'm not so sure who is assine here?:amen: