eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/)
-   -   Can US personal account still use PayPal to receive payments now? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/133961-can-us-personal-account-still-use-paypal-receive-payments-now.html)

Jam918 02-28-2020 08:37 AM

Can US personal account still use PayPal to receive payments now?

What is the situation in the United States now?ebay only invites business accounts to use managed payments,or it invites all seller accounts includes personal accounts?

Did they give a deadline to say that all US sellers accounts to use managed payments?

If not accept to use managed payments,can not list anything again?

agent006140 02-28-2020 08:39 AM

Re: Can US personal account still use PayPal to receive payments now?

when MP becomes mandatory,then seller cannot use Paypal to accept payment,but buyers can still use Paypal to make payment via MP.
YOU SHOULD be able to use Paypal now.

phaz0rz 02-28-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam918 (Post 1073291)

Yes, but you can't spend the money you receive. Funds that come into USA personal stealth accounts can only be withdrawn into a real USA bank account, as of last year.

Quote:

What is the situation in the United States now?ebay only invites business accounts to use managed payments,or it invites all seller accounts includes personal accounts?

They invited a small percentage of larger accounts into MP last year, and they've seemingly stopped pushing MP altogether this year. New accounts still default to Paypal as the payment method and eBay doesn't seem to be inviting any more US sellers into MP at this time.

Quote:

Did they give a deadline to say that all US sellers accounts to use managed payments?

They've given multiple dates but I don't think any of them are set in stone. At first they were saying the entire site will be converted to MP by 2023. Then, around the middle of last year, they were saying it would be mandatory for all USA sellers to be using MP by the middle of this year. Nothing indicates they are still sticking with that mid-2020 deadline for USA sellers.

Quote:

If not accept to use managed payments,can not list anything again?

You can just use Paypal, but I wouldn't recommend using a USA account regardless unless you're a USA citizen who can walk into any US bank and open an account.

Jam918 02-28-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1073293)
when MP becomes mandatory,then seller cannot use Paypal to accept payment,but buyers can still use Paypal to make payment via MP.
YOU SHOULD be able to use Paypal now.

I am asking now the US ebay personal seller account if still can use the paypal to receive orders payments.

All sellers in the U.S. are now forced to use MP,or it just invites business accounts?

Jam918 02-28-2020 08:57 AM

phaz0rz,thank you very much for your detailed reply.

I have not US ebay accounts,but I have UK,CA accounts,just want to know how long I can use these accounts through the situation in the United States.

ebaystealth1974 02-28-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1073300)

They invited a small percentage of larger accounts into MP last year, and they've seemingly stopped pushing MP altogether this year. New accounts still default to Paypal as the payment method and eBay doesn't seem to be inviting any more US sellers into MP at this time.

They've given multiple dates but I don't think any of them are set in stone. At first they were saying the entire site will be converted to MP by 2023. Then, around the middle of last year, they were saying it would be mandatory for all USA sellers to be using MP by the middle of this year. Nothing indicates they are still sticking with that mid-2020 deadline for USA sellers.

From the recent seller update, eBay will manage payments for most sellers in 2020... in phases starting in July

phaz0rz 02-28-2020 09:09 AM

UK started transitioning to Managed Payments this week, so that's something to be aware of. eBay is now telling UK sellers that MP will soon be mandatory just like they were telling USA sellers last year. It remains to be seen if eBay will stick to what they're saying.

No signs yet of Canada eBay rolling out MP.

Your accounts from other countries will not be impacted by regulations that apply to USA accounts, so I think you'll be fine as long as you avoid USA accounts.

Jam918 02-28-2020 09:44 AM

When US ebay accounts transitioning to Managed Payments,what is the process in the United States?What documents they asked for?

After they verified the documents and then give them a US bank account?

Do they accept Payoneer or worldfirst such online US bank account?

rsot 02-28-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam918 (Post 1073326)
When US ebay accounts transitioning to Managed Payments,what is the process in the United States?What documents they asked for?

After they verified the documents and then give them a US bank account?

Do they accept Payoneer or worldfirst such online US bank account?

All this can be read from the site and various posts here - do you have a US bank account?

Jam918 02-28-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1073333)
All this can be read from the site and various posts here - do you have a US bank account?

I have not a US ebay or bank account.Through the situation in the United States,I can know what documents need to be submitted in the UK account in the future.

I know U.S. accounts need to provide SSN,but any other documents need to provide?

If they accept Payoneer or worldfirst such online US bank account,maybe my UK accounts also can add such UK online bank account.

agent006140 02-28-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam918 (Post 1073301)
I am asking now the US ebay personal seller account if still can use the paypal to receive orders payments.

All sellers in the U.S. are now forced to use MP,or it just invites business accounts?

I am still using Paypal to sell on Ebay,Ebay has yet to ask me to join MP.
But like the others said,you need a US bank account,
US bank which is a member of the Fed Reserve system,I doubt payoneer would work