Can you be "creative" with MP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-03-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can you be "creative" with MP?

Hey guys,

So when PP limit my account I am getting "Creative" use some photoshop and 80% of the times it's all good.

Is it going to be completely different with Adyen?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-04-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 65
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 22%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

same on etsy, and they use adyen
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digimons For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-04-2020)
  #3  
Old 08-04-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

sorry never used etsy, are you saying with etsy being creative with docs has been successful? so adyen dont do a full check like paypal?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 4%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier View Post
sorry never used etsy, are you saying with etsy being creative with docs has been successful? so adyen dont do a full check like paypal?
Adyen is not doing the checking. According to the MP reps, it's all in house. The reps say they were trained on the Adyen system. This may be a benefit, since the reps also claim they have a small staff. They may not do as thorough a check as Adyen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2020
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,072
Thanks: 340
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,705 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (90)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

I know of at least one guy who has used such 'creativity' to pass the necessary verification to get approved on MP. He has done so with 11 accts so far.
__________________
AGED SUPER HIGH LIMIT ACCOUNTS: 10,000/$1,000,000 and 25,000/$500,000
NEW LOWER PRICING!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
haiderekarar13 (10-06-2020)
  #6  
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Thanks: 37
Thanked 142 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

I have been 'forced' to enroll for MP as ebay stopped me from listing on one of my accounts. I gave them a passport and a bank statement. Both were stealth to match the account. The ID was accepted pretty much straight away and after uploading the altered bank statement, I was able to list again. I had the message to say they will verify the bank details and get back to me.

I have now had the email to say the bank details have been verified.

Thanks for providing us with the documentation we requested. We verified your updated details. If your payouts were on hold: You'll start receiving funds again, provided there are no other issues needing your attention.

I assume that I am now enrolled to MP and will get the email with a date for going live.

So, the answer is yes. Get creative.

Regarding the bank statement, all they asked was for it to show the name, account number, sort code and be within the last three months. Nothing about the address. And you can blank out the transactions and values of such. I changed the name and address but blanked out the tranactions as one was a transfer from another account I want to use later!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
Camaro2SS (12-12-2020), Hardgrafter (08-06-2020), Jeremie the French (12-06-2020), questions301 (3 Weeks Ago), rsot (08-06-2020)
  #7  
Old 08-06-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Thanks: 52
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Did your bank account Match your stealth name? just wondering the best way to go about this. Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Thanks: 37
Thanked 142 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Bank account number and sort code match the account I gave to ebay earlier on in the process. I changed the name on the statement to match my stealth name. Even though ebay did not mention having the address on the bank statement, I changed that to match too.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

hi, I see every are discussing documents request regarding MP, just wondering if anyone been asked to login to online banking via ebay, so they can confirm bank details etc, the app is some "Trustly Group", so basically I been pushed to the corner..., because as I understand if I will use that login, eBay can see a real name and address, not sure how much ebay can see..., maybe they just want to see if you are able to login to your online banking.

so this is what happens when I click add bank details to MP.



ebay

About logging in to Online Banking

-This is secure connection to your bank via Trustly Group,
an eBay partner

-Your bank login details cannot be seen by eBay
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 101
Thanks: 41
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 14%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

I chose to manually put in my account and routing number. That's an option in the USA anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-06-2020
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,072
Thanks: 340
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,705 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (90)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Another one of my customers just enrolled using creative methods.
Definitely doable - and not all that difficult.
Guess that should be a comfort to all who thought the sky was falling with the introduction of MP.
__________________
AGED SUPER HIGH LIMIT ACCOUNTS: 10,000/$1,000,000 and 25,000/$500,000
NEW LOWER PRICING!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Camaro2SS (12-12-2020), Hardgrafter (08-06-2020), jmag91 (08-09-2020), louigio (2 Weeks Ago), nerdydood (10-06-2020), StealthHarry (08-06-2020)
  #12  
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Thanks: 37
Thanked 142 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizonas View Post
hi, I see every are discussing documents request regarding MP, just wondering if anyone been asked to login to online banking via ebay, so they can confirm bank details etc, the app is some "Trustly Group", so basically I been pushed to the corner..., because as I understand if I will use that login, eBay can see a real name and address, not sure how much ebay can see..., maybe they just want to see if you are able to login to your online banking.

so this is what happens when I click add bank details to MP.



ebay

About logging in to Online Banking

-This is secure connection to your bank via Trustly Group,
an eBay partner

-Your bank login details cannot be seen by eBay
They give you the option of logging in to your online banking or uploading a bank statement. I uploaded one. I don't know if they can see your details using the bank log in method, but would guess they can, hence it being the quicker method. I had to wait a couple of days for the bank account verified email to come through.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-07-2020
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

I am a member of Aspkin for around 8 years, thanks to this forum I have opened over 3k eBay and PP accounts in the past years. First when I saw the Adyen thing 2 years ago I got really scared,, now after people said they started to get hit with E.maila to register MP I felt it's coming and it's real now but then your saying you can be "creative" so why do we even care? Or I am missing something?

With PayPal it's extremely easy to get stealth account and even more easy to unlock the "Your account has been limited bla bla" so if it's the same with Adyen then we are good, no?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayers12 For This Useful Post:
EV2011 (08-22-2020)
  #14  
Old 08-07-2020
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
I have been 'forced' to enroll for MP as ebay stopped me from listing on one of my accounts. I gave them a passport and a bank statement. Both were stealth to match the account. The ID was accepted pretty much straight away and after uploading the altered bank statement, I was able to list again. I had the message to say they will verify the bank details and get back to me.

I have now had the email to say the bank details have been verified.

Thanks for providing us with the documentation we requested. We verified your updated details. If your payouts were on hold: You'll start receiving funds again, provided there are no other issues needing your attention.

I assume that I am now enrolled to MP and will get the email with a date for going live.

So, the answer is yes. Get creative.

Regarding the bank statement, all they asked was for it to show the name, account number, sort code and be within the last three months. Nothing about the address. And you can blank out the transactions and values of such. I changed the name and address but blanked out the tranactions as one was a transfer from another account I want to use later!
I am fking love you and you made me extremely happy, then if it's all the story we are not supposed to be worried at all... BTW are you able to do bank transfers from Adyen account (To a random bank) or that's not how it works with Adyen?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-07-2020
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Thanks: 37
Thanked 142 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayers12 View Post
I am fking love you and you made me extremely happy, then if it's all the story we are not supposed to be worried at all... BTW are you able to do bank transfers from Adyen account (To a random bank) or that's not how it works with Adyen?
I have not had the go live date from them yet so have no experience of how it will work. I expect that if you want to add a different bank account it would need to be verified again.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-2020
Hank's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 155
Thanks: 3
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 10%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayers12 View Post
I am fking love you and you made me extremely happy, then if it's all the story we are not supposed to be worried at all... BTW are you able to do bank transfers from Adyen account (To a random bank) or that's not how it works with Adyen?
There is no Adyen account, you will need a verified bank account per eBay account.

I have asked Ebay if they will allow accounts to share bank accounts and they told me there are no plans to do so at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-2020
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
There is no Adyen account, you will need a verified bank account per eBay account.

I have asked Ebay if they will allow accounts to share bank accounts and they told me there are no plans to do so at the moment.
Okay I see, does VBA counts or it has to be physical bank?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 180
Thanks: 58
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Even if you are getting creative, I don't see how it's possible to get around the SS check.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to potofgold23 For This Useful Post:
Clipperman3434 (08-21-2020), questions301 (3 Weeks Ago), TheRealist (12-03-2020)
  #19  
Old 08-16-2020
e2free's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,542
Thanks: 378
Thanked 462 Times in 414 Posts
Activity: 59%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (22)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potofgold23 View Post
Even if you are getting creative, I don't see how it's possible to get around the SS check.
register in other country ie UK and sell in USA
__________________
Amazon VCC, PAYPAL VCC, Ebay VCC Click Here
Fresh IP Click Here
Send Message to E2free Click Here

Last edited by e2free; 08-16-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Jeremie the French (12-06-2020)
  #20  
Old 08-16-2020
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 64,152
Thanks: 4,977
Thanked 7,801 Times in 7,128 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
register in oher country ie UK and sell in USA
Nice point
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
e2free (08-16-2020)
  #21  
Old 08-21-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

This is what I've done so far: I used the stealth info in my account for the managed payments registration. Obviously, that couldn't be confirmed. I ignored the message that verification had failed, and continued listing as normal. About a week later, I was not able to list any more items until I uploaded an ID. So, I uploaded a creative ID. Although it does not seem that the ID has been approved, I was immediately able to list again, and I haven't heard anything since.

My goal is basically to delay moving to managed payments as long as possible since I don't trust eBay that way. Back when eBay owned PayPal, the abuses were rife. I'll let everyone know how the process goes from here.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cashwrap12 For This Useful Post:
Clipperman3434 (08-21-2020), EV2011 (08-22-2020), King84 (09-30-2020)
  #22  
Old 08-21-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 12%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashwrap12 View Post
This is what I've done so far: I used the stealth info in my account for the managed payments registration. Obviously, that couldn't be confirmed. I ignored the message that verification had failed, and continued listing as normal. About a week later, I was not able to list any more items until I uploaded an ID. So, I uploaded a creative ID. Although it does not seem that the ID has been approved, I was immediately able to list again, and I haven't heard anything since.

My goal is basically to delay moving to managed payments as long as possible since I don't trust eBay that way. Back when eBay owned PayPal, the abuses were rife. I'll let everyone know how the process goes from here.
Yes please keep us updated on how this goes!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipperman3434 For This Useful Post:
haiderekarar13 (10-06-2020)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop customers from opening ebay "return request" & "Not received case" mrgazer eBay Discussion! 12 10-22-2015 07:08 PM
How to go "Creative" with sameshipping adress on Ebay? eternal eBay Discussion! 15 09-28-2010 04:49 PM
submitted "bank statement" to lift limit but status's still "waiting for ur response" citypark UK PayPal Talk 3 01-08-2010 11:11 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts