eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/)
-   -   What happens after the MP registration deadline? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/141070-what-happens-after-mp-registration-deadline.html)

MarkE 12-28-2020 04:47 PM

What happens after the MP registration deadline?

e.g. my account must enroll by December 31. If I do not enroll, what happens on January 1?

The email says I would no longer be able to
- make new listings
- revise existing listings

but if I don't do either, will buyers still be allowed to purchase items from my existing listings?

If yes, will they still pay with PayPal and the money ends up in my PayPal account?

Much thanks.

slokor 12-28-2020 05:22 PM

Re: What happens after the MP registration deadline?

They might still be able to buy from your existing listings - on a very temporary basis. Within weeks those listings will be taken down.

MarkE 12-28-2020 07:13 PM

Thanks slokor. How do you know? Has someone subject to an earlier deadline tried not signing up?

yankee 12-28-2020 08:14 PM

They do NOT take down listings. You simply can not make new listings or edit existing listings.

I have two accounts that have been this was since late July. I edited the inventory to several thousand before the 15th of July and still have a few listings up. As the other sold out, I transitioned them to other accounts already moved to MP.

MarkE 12-29-2020 03:18 AM

Thanks yankee

HurricaneHuntr 12-29-2020 11:04 PM

This is true. you just can't revise them, but you can edit quantity still. I have a relative who has been doing this since July. They can change quantity, but not revise anything else

Did get my first managed payments invite today with a gift card listed. so i guess maybe that doesn't always work. or perhaps it was flagged before i listed the gift card.

yankee 12-30-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 1133733)
This is true. you just can't revise them, but you can edit quantity still. I have a relative who has been doing this since July. They can change quantity, but not revise anything else

They will block the edit of inventory also.

bytor3k 12-30-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 1133733)
Did get my first managed payments invite today with a gift card listed

Did you ever SELL a gift card on this account? That may make a difference, or not. There's a guy on the ebay payments forum that only sells coins and got invited and switched to MP and then all his listings went *poof*

HurricaneHuntr 12-30-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1133845)
They will block the edit of inventory also.

Ahh, i haven't had that yet. I'll wait till they block inventory before i convert over.

agent006140 12-30-2020 05:50 PM

But can you still accept payment via Paypal?
If they remove Paypal ,what good are listings if buyer cannot pay you?

MarkE 12-30-2020 10:09 PM

I've been selling gift cards (not primarily, but have sold them before) and still got forced into MP

waterproof2 12-30-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1133892)

I would like to know that as well.

MarkE 12-30-2020 11:43 PM

Guess we'll find out as soon as tomorrow. I'm here trying furiously to list as much as possible before the deadline ... what a waste of a new year's holiday ...

yankee 12-31-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1133892)

Paypal is not removed.... You simply can not make new listings or edit. Sales continue as usual.

MarkE 01-01-2021 03:11 AM

I was able to continue listing & revising old listings through 5am eBay server time (PST).

jieta2 01-01-2021 09:20 AM

I was able to continue listing for a few weeks after the deadline on one of my accounts before I was cut off. Then my fixed price listings stopped being renewed and eventually was told I could not sell anymore until I provided info for MP.

The deadline is not a firm deadline. In my case at least, the account slowly lost its selling abilities.

yankee 01-01-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jieta2 (Post 1134135)
Then my fixed price listings stopped being renewed and eventually was told I could not sell anymore until I provided info for MP.

Good till ended listings do not get relisted and remain up. But eventually you will run out of inventory. I have a listing with 4832 orders and soon will run out and then that item is gone until I upgrade to MP.

waterproof2 01-02-2021 11:41 PM

I do not sell a lot in comparison to others...maybe 50 items a year.?., however, I did relist everything that I had with a dramatic cut in asking price and added best offer just in case. I finished all of my listings and revision 15 seconds before midnight New Years Eve. I checked 10 minutes later and I could still revise and even today (Jan 2), I am listing and can revise.

This is only temporary because, whether we like it or not, or are ready or not, I would say that sometime in January, all listings will end unless you sign up MP. At least that is my good guess.

waterproof2 01-02-2021 11:42 PM

Oh...and so far paypal payments are not an issue.

sugarlaces 01-04-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1133558)
They do NOT take down listings. You simply can not make new listings or edit existing listings.

I have two accounts that have been this was since late July. I edited the inventory to several thousand before the 15th of July and still have a few listings up. As the other sold out, I transitioned them to other accounts already moved to MP.

is this for Usa Ebay or works with uk ? Anyone with experience on this?

MarkE 01-07-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jieta2 (Post 1134135)
I was able to continue listing for a few weeks after the deadline on one of my accounts before I was cut off. Then my fixed price listings stopped being renewed and eventually was told I could not sell anymore until I provided info for MP.

The deadline is not a firm deadline. In my case at least, the account slowly lost its selling abilities.

Wish I knew this earlier...I wouldn't have wrecked my New Year's holiday (or have been awake so late scrambling to list items) had I known this in advance.

But now my work is done, having listed some 80-90% of items in the house I want to sell ... so I'm glad that's over with.

Thanks.

MarkE 01-07-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterproof2 (Post 1134414)
Oh...and so far paypal payments are not an issue.

Yes, I've continued receiving PayPal payments on new purchases from my existing listings over the past week.