eBay managed paymts w/stealth does EIN need to match fictitious stealth info? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 03-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default eBay managed paymts w/stealth does EIN need to match fictitious stealth info?

I have a 2 year old eBay + PayPal stealth account w/fictitious name & address. No problems until eBay demanded that I sign up for eBay managed payments.

1.) Will my stealth account's fictitious name & address be a problem if I register for eBay payments by providing a real EIN? Using my SSN isn't an option it looks like since I added my SSN to a PayPal account that was formerly tied to a banned eBay account*
2.) When registering for eBay payments can I change the fictitious info to a real address that hasn't been linked to eBay? What about the fictitious name? Does that address need to registered to the LLC associated with the EIN?
3.) I don't have an LLC or business bank account so is my only option here to go through the headache of registering an LLC, business bank account and renting a UPS box to have an address registered to my business on public record or does eBay not check that?

I'm just an individual selling on eBay belongings on eBay before I move next year, very low volume.

*My original non-stealth eBay account was banned nearly a decade ago, a couple years later I naively added my SSN to the PayPal account that was tied to this eBay account in order to setup a business account. Dumb move..I know, but now PayPal has my SSN even though I transacted <$1000 in volume through that PayPal account per year. Correct me if I'm wrong but even if I closed my original PayPal account, PayPal would still hang onto my SSN forever? Even in 10 years? Atleast I didn't give them my driver's license or passport, thank god .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2021

Longevity: 23%
Default Re: eBay managed paymts w/stealth does EIN need to match fictitious stealth info?

Paypal has it not Ebay. You can use your SSN for MP
Old 04-17-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: eBay managed paymts w/stealth does EIN need to match fictitious stealth info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
Duly noted on the separation
Old 04-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
2 concerns:
1. The stealth account isn't in my real name so it won't match my SSN, do they check the SSN to match the name?
2. I have a PayPal account with the matching stealth info tied to the stealth ebay account. Does this mean I could register a new eBay + PayPal account in my name (using a new address + bank) and be able to use eBay + PayPal (not ebay managed payments) with real info without likely getting banned since PayPal has never banned me. I've only ever been banned by eBay, not by PayPal. I guess I should close my PayPal account that has my SSN (I don't use it for anything)?

Last edited by Amazonia; 04-21-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

As of now, when you make new ebay accounts, they manage Payments, not paypal.

If you have an ebay and need to move it to MP, when you upgrade you change the name, address, etc then. Name and tax number must match for long term use and oftentimes any use.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Amazonia (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
As of now, when you make new ebay accounts, they manage Payments, not paypal.

If you have an ebay and need to move it to MP, when you upgrade you change the name, address, etc then. Name and tax number must match for long term use and oftentimes any use.
Thanks, with new eBay accounts, even if you’re automatically forced into MP, don’t you still need a PayPal account in order to accept PayPal from users who use PayPal which could dox you or does PayPal not go as far as to tell eBay: a guy with this name has another PayPal account that was linked to a banned eBay account several years ago.

Would you say it’s better to get an EIN or use my SSN? Do I need a real address that matches my EIN? I’ll only ever have 1 SSN so I’m always scared to give it out. I’m a low volume seller.

Last edited by Amazonia; 04-22-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia View Post
Thanks, with new eBay accounts, even if you’re automatically forced into MP, don’t you still need a PayPal account in order to accept PayPal from users who use PayPal
No.... You are on Managed Payments.... Forget paypal exists.
Old 04-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia View Post
Would you say it’s better to get an EIN or use my SSN? Do I need a real address that matches my EIN? I’ll only ever have 1 SSN so I’m always scared to give it out. I’m a low volume seller.

That is a much better question for you CPA and Attorney(if you possibly have liabilities)

I dont know you, your business and I am not a CPA or Attorney so I can not help in this area.

I can say, if you are not making tens of thousands of dollars profit and you dont sell anything that could cause you to get sued, a simple schedule C and your SS number could be best for you.