Listing taken down MC045 after adding managed payments to my own account today. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 10-07-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Listing taken down MC045 after adding managed payments to my own account today.

Listing taken down MC045 around five hours after adding managed payments to my own account today, eBay say in their email, that it looks like my account has been used without my permission.

"We secured your eBay account because we believe that it has been used without your permission. Rest assured that your financial information is safe—it’s stored securely and can’t be viewed or accessed by anyone. If necessary, we may have reset your password. We also canceled any unauthorized buying or selling activity and credited any associated fees. In some cases like this, we need to remove listings too. You’ll find details of any of your listings that we had to remove at the bottom of this email.

Though we took steps to secure your eBay account, your personal email account or third-party listing tools may have also been accessed without your permission. You should change your passwords for these accounts as soon as possible.

Once you secure your personal email account and third-party listing tools, you should reset your eBay password.

If you are an active seller and use a payment provider to pay your fees, you’ll need to confirm your billing payment method before your next billing cycle to avoid any further disruption.

Once you change your password, you should update your secret questions and verify that the contact information on your eBay account is correct. "

It is my own UK account with my own details, account is around 3 or more years old and has not been used in a long time, but just got a message from eBay saying they think my account has been used without my permission.

I did add managed payments today to sell my first item on the account, also added a new mobile number and to update the address.

Perhaps I did too many steps in one go?!?!?

But it is an old account with 9 feedback, I was going to use it as my backup selling account for mostly selling old tat that I would not want to put on my main selling account.

I have reset the password, the address details remain, but I had changed the username on the account like a year or more ago, eBay have changed that back to the original account username when the account was created and reset the phone number back to the old number that I no longer use.

A bit confused by it really, the item was a brand new video game, nothing unusual, low value too.

I have been suspended in the past and have used these forums in the past, they have been most helpful.

Should I contact eBay in the morning and explain the updated mobile number and the listing where actually by myself the account owner ?

Last edited by Justwondering; 10-07-2021 at 05:53 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Listing taken down MC045 after adding managed payments to my own account today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwondering View Post
Listing taken down MC045 around five hours after adding managed payments to my own account today, eBay say in their email, that it looks like my account has been used without my permission.

It is my own UK account with my own details, account is around 3 or more years old and has not been used in a long time, but just got a message from eBay saying they think my account has been used without my permission.

I did add managed payments today to sell my first item on the account, also added a new mobile number and to update the address.

Perhaps I did too many steps in one go?!?!?

But it is an old account with 9 feedback, I was going to use it as my backup selling account for mostly selling old tat that I would not want to put on my main selling account.

I have reset the password, the address details remain, but I had changed the username on the account like a year or more ago, eBay have changed that back to the original account username when the account was created and reset the phone number back to the old number that I no longer use.

A bit confused by it really, the item was a brand new video game, nothing unusual, low value too.

I have been suspended in the past and have used these forums in the past, they have been most helpful.

Should I contact eBay in the morning and explain the updated mobile number and the listing where actually by myself the account owner ?
yeah , that is ebay monkeys at work again , they set back the account , you need at least access to email

the real risk here is that if you try to use the account again it may get a permanent suspension

this is a stupid bot function not connected to MP where you are suddenly asked to access email and phone used years ago and if you can not the account is gone

and later on if you restore the account completely the bots may just take it down through a permanent suspension after next listing

these idiots have made a madhouse out of ebay where you should never change your email and phone and username otherwise your risk being asked to access the original details years later
Old 10-07-2021

Default Re: Listing taken down MC045 after adding managed payments to my own account today.

also another curious thing about ebay stupidity , they actually recommend people to change personal details if they think they were compromised. they also recommend to use their 2 step SMS auth

but if you should also lose access to old details or lose your phone number then your business on this account is as good as gone and they will not even try to help you. all it takes is just some time of inactivity
Old 10-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
also another curious thing about ebay stupidity , they actually recommend people to change personal details if they think they were compromised. they also recommend to use their 2 step SMS auth

but if you should also lose access to old details or lose your phone number then your business on this account is as good as gone and they will not even try to help you. all it takes is just some time of inactivity
Thank you for your reply, yeah it is odd, no doubt a bot, I am thinking it is because I have not used the account in a long time.

Is it just better to setup a new account, do some buying on it to get me a few feedback, then try to list some items?

The account is 100 percent my own account, I do still have the email address so I have reset the password etc.

I did ponder using 2FA, but my mind said no that could be a nightmare, as I just use a regular PAYG UK sim card on it.

Will it make any difference contacting customer support to say, I had made the changes...or am I just wasting time...I know customer services are pretty useless in general.
Old 10-07-2021

they may reinstate you if you either have access to old email or phone

but as I told before there is also the risk that you get taken down for good after the next listing once reinstated
Old 10-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
they may reinstate you if you either have access to old email or phone

but as I told before there is also the risk that you get taken down for good after the next listing once reinstated
Yeah I do have both telephone and email details.

I do have some fully working accounts, I guess if they suspended that account it could cause my other accounts to fall over too?
Old 10-09-2021
Threadstarter  

Just a quick update, I called up eBay, they re-instated the listing, then I could click to relist the item, it took 24 hours for it show on the site.

Last edited by Justwondering; 10-09-2021 at 11:12 AM.