eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/)
-   -   Is MP setup required for dormant eBay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/145587-mp-setup-required-dormant-ebay-account.html)

Twocoolt 10-12-2021 07:54 PM

Is MP setup required for dormant eBay account

I think I know the answer but I still want to ask. I have two eBay accounts that have received the email to update info to start using MP with listings still active until sold. I cannot afford at the moment to pay to create LLCs for separate businesses. I was hoping to list on the accounts inactive to make sales to get my LLCs. But I thought I read on here no more PayPal only MP. Or do you think I can list but will get MP email after listing since I haven’t sold on these accounts before? Oh, and eBay won’t let me update existing listings to change them. TIA!

ghostdude 10-12-2021 09:02 PM

Re: Is MP setup required for dormant eBay account

I’m not sure I’m exactly understanding what youre asking, but the last stealth account I had, I was allowed to skip/and list but in order to acquire payments (cash out) you have to update the info.

Twocoolt 10-14-2021 07:34 AM

Thanks ghostdude, I will check what I can do. Although I doubt it.

slokor 10-14-2021 03:31 PM

These days youll be asked to convert over to MP immediately upon listing - I doubt youll be allowed to list anything without doing so first.
Note that youll need use of a valid SSN in order to properly enrol.

redratcar 10-17-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1172862)
These days youll be asked to convert over to MP immediately upon listing - I doubt youll be allowed to list anything without doing so first.

So you have to have a valid SSN now? There is no way to circumvent this? thanks

Kobaltbleu 10-19-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1172862)

Yes this is correct. My stealth has been dormant for a long time I tried to list this weekend and had to update to MP before it will let the listing go active.
Waiting on the micro deposits…
Yes to valid social and birth date as well.

rsot 10-20-2021 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobaltbleu (Post 1173434)
Yes this is correct. My stealth has been dormant for a long time I tried to list this weekend and had to update to MP before it will let the listing go active.
Waiting on the micro deposits…
Yes to valid social and birth date as well.

Nice - hope it'll go smoothly

ebaystealth1974 10-20-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobaltbleu (Post 1173434)

Interesting! I signed up a few days ago... I had to make a listing before I could sign up with MP and enter bank info. It gave me the option to skip SSN until I made a sale. Seems like it's different for different people.

And even that is a different process than what I was seeing a week ago. (which had been the same process for about the last year, for me)

Kobaltbleu 11-02-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1173459)
Nice - hope it'll go smoothly

Thanks and it DID!😬 I’m still waiting on the other shoe to drop BUT I also opened a few other stealth so if it does I won’t be dead in the water like before.
This community is the bomb.

Kobaltbleu 11-02-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 1173495)
Interesting! I signed up a few days ago... I had to make a listing before I could sign up with MP and enter bank info. It gave me the option to skip SSN until I made a sale. Seems like it's different for different people.

And even that is a different process than what I was seeing a week ago. (which had been the same process for about the last year, for me)

I agree. This account was from 2011 a friend gave it to me maybe a year ago. I had to call to get selling limits lifted to sell as before they asked me what I planned to sell how fast I’d ship bla bla gave me 5000 to start. So odd.
My DIL was doing her MP info they locked her account she had to call them they asked her a gazillion questions clear down to her last car she drove. Was nuts! So they are def trying to weed out anyone using false or others’ info.
I was just banned a month or two ago using all of this info except the bank account so I’m still thinking they might get me at a later date. I’ll keep you posted.

solefoodbk 11-03-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobaltbleu (Post 1174678)
I agree. This account was from 2011 a friend gave it to me maybe a year ago. I had to call to get selling limits lifted to sell as before they asked me what I planned to sell how fast I’d ship bla bla gave me 5000 to start. So odd.
My DIL was doing her MP info they locked her account she had to call them they asked her a gazillion questions clear down to her last car she drove. Was nuts! So they are def trying to weed out anyone using false or others’ info.
I was just banned a month or two ago using all of this info except the bank account so I’m still thinking they might get me at a later date. I’ll keep you posted.

My account was dormant for about 1 1/2 years. It was also past due in fees, over $5,000+. I paid it, and moved extremely slowly on the account. I know in the beginning process of reviving an old account it is highly susceptible to limitations. If you get one by changing any info, you usually have to call and verify. Very hard to pass because they'll ask the data base questions.

I had like 30k/1 mill+ in limits. When I got my account back I think it was the 5/500. I started with that, and used chat to gradually increase it. I found I could ask more than once per month for an increase. You gotta take it slow no matter the history. At a certain point eBay recognizes you for your old history and all is good.

rsot 11-04-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1174862)
My account was dormant for about 1 1/2 years. It was also past due in fees, over $5,000+. I paid it, and moved extremely slowly on the account.

Wow that's impressive.

solefoodbk 11-04-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1174894)
Wow that's impressive.

Yeah, and I noticed something strange. On eBay you used to be able to see in the account details the full account history for sales. It would show xxxx amount in sales, and the amount of items sold for the history of the account. When I paid my fees and got my account back it showed $0 in sales. As if I really never had any history on my account.

About 2 months later at some point it showed my old account numbers. I think when that happened it meant the algos recognized me for my old account history not as some new seller. It just takes time for everything to get processed by eBay.