eBay Officially Announces International Shipping Option - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay News

eBay News Do you have News About eBay? Spill it!

Old 02-07-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default eBay Officially Announces International Shipping Option

eBay Officially Announces International Shipping Option

eBay officially announced on Thursday a new shipping option called eBay International Standard Delivery, writing that it would be available to all sellers this month.

The program is unlike the eBay Global Shipping Program where buyers are required to pay not only shipping and handling costs, but customs duties, taxes, brokerage, and other fees as well.

The new eBay International Standard Delivery option is “Delivered Duties Unpaid” (DDU) – buyers won’t pay duties and tax at checkout on eBay, but may have to pay the carrier for duties and tax on delivery.

eBay said the program supports shipments to over 210 countries, offers better tracking visibility and includes late delivery protections for standards, service metrics, and feedback.

As we noted in today’s Newsflash article published before eBay issued the official announcement, sellers should read the Terms of Service carefully, as there are size and weight limits, and sellers who use the program may be subject to additional charges.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: eBay Officially Announces International Shipping Option

Well that looks pretty cool. I'll probably add it to my listings when I'm given the option to.
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I guess one drawback would be that I woudln't be able to under-declare international shipments to help customers with import duties.

Still though, if you knew how awful of a service USPS First Class International is you would probably welcome this new option too. At least in your example I would get the shipment back, and could most likely have the negative pulled by eBay. With the way I ship international orders now (USPS First Class Int'l), half of the shipments just go missing and are never seen again. :/
Old 02-07-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

good point,buyers can refuse package if he is not willing to pay for customs duty,there could also be a handling fee from the carrier,I know USPS charges one.
who is the carrier,did Ebay say?
Old 02-07-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
My only concern is buyers said 'I ain't signing for that and paying duty, send it back' followed by a neg for not telling them about it.
American buyers are dumb enough. I can't even fathom dealing with some of these other ones!
Old 02-07-2020

I received a neg from ETSY UK buyer for not paying her customs duty altho my policy said I am not responsible,also USPS does not collect foreign customs duty in advance ,unlike the private carriers.
She is a small scale seller,she expects me to pick up the UK customs duty
It dings my ODR and I have a hard time getting Etsy to remove it !
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

I've never had any problems like that at all and I've always shipped internationally.

Shipments disappearing is a big problem, but I've never once had a customer gripe about import duties.

@ebs - American buyers are total @ssholes compared to most of the rest of the world. I prefer Canadian buyers over anyone else. They're always patient and reasonable, unlike US buyers who expect their order to arrive the next day.
Old 02-07-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@ebs - American buyers are total @ssholes compared to most of the rest of the world. I prefer Canadian buyers over anyone else. They're always patient and reasonable, unlike US buyers who expect their order to arrive the next day.
Well, Canadians are the nicest people on the planet. So that's no surprise to me!

Question: Do we pay duties, or whatever, if we buy something from ebay Canada? I saw something that was a good deal the other day, but I've never bought something from Canada, so I don't know what to expect.
Old 02-07-2020

I have never have to pay US customs duty when buying from foreign sellers on EBay,but they are always small package with just one item or a few vintage ones.
But I am a direct importer,anything over $3k,I have to pay import duties unless they are antiques or handmade,USPS also charges a small fee for collecting customs duty from me.
Old 02-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've never had any problems like that at all and I've always shipped internationally.

Shipments disappearing is a big problem, but I've never once had a customer gripe about import duties.

Canadians can be cheap,better than the Dutch,they are known to refuse the package if they have to pay customs.
UK buyers are no better,anything over 35 GP,they have to pay tariffs.