eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & Paypal Horror Stories (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/)
-   -   Buyer return issue with Ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/116112-buyer-return-issue-ebay.html)

hoop1023 03-19-2018 05:45 PM

Buyer return issue with Ebay

I recently sold an a pair of shoes that are NIB on ebay, buyer received item and stated the item was not as described and shoes were "cracked". Buyer says he puts on shoes and goes outside and states they have more cracks. Buyer opens a case via ebay. PayPal funds are held for a short period of time and then the funds are released even though case is still pending. I have withdrawn all funds from PayPal and refuse to refund the purchase as my auction states refunds not accepted. What can ebay do at this point as the buyer is shipping the item back but has no access to my paypal account as it is now closed and my backup method of collection on ebay is an expired CC. Anyone run into a situation like this? I am done with ebay forever but am curious how I will pay my $58 in seller fees I have racked up. They also charged $11.67 for the buyer to send back the item which I will never pay. Thoughts?

Gladiator 03-19-2018 06:40 PM

Re: Buyer return issue with Ebay

Buy a gift card and pay them.

hoop1023 03-19-2018 06:51 PM

I was thinking a certified letter with a cashier's check.

rsot 03-19-2018 06:57 PM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

You already answered your own question if you think about it. We don't really give advice here on how to subvert eb so you better resolve it with eb/pp. You can pay your fees with a gift card as Gladiator stated. Simply stating "Refunds not accepted" is against eb default policy, sadly.

PP has your bank account on file so funds can be pulled back if you think about it.

hoop1023 03-19-2018 07:00 PM

My PP account is closed, no way to pull funds from an account that doesn't exist.

dallis 03-19-2018 07:04 PM

Sorry this happened to it.

Short answer: Pay it or you’re done.

This the way the EB game is played. If you don’t want to play this game, get out before you get burned even worse.

hoop1023 03-19-2018 07:05 PM

My PP account is closed and therefore cannot have money drawn out of my bank account. As far as being "done", I am done with eb forever so I am not worried about my eb account

oompaloompa 03-20-2018 04:38 AM

Normally if the buyer says there is a fault, then they are allowed to have a refund regardless of your no returns policy. No returns is for people who change their mind but there is no fault.

Normally buyers know this. and still want to return it, as they do not want the product, with clothes and shoes, it is very common, eg. the shoes do not fit or they do not like them. They also do not want to pay for the return, so they say faulty to get a returns label.

Why did you close everything up if you intended to pay the fees? Anyway if you want to pay them, just call them or send check or whatever, it really does not matter for that amount if you pay it or not, nothing will happen anyway...

You might need a paypal for paying on websites etc in future, so closing it all was pointless, you might now have to make a non-linked paypal with an address variation if you need paypal again.

hoop1023 03-20-2018 04:52 PM

The only fees I am willing to pay are my normal fees that I owe. I closed everything so they cannot refund the money back to the buyer as they would pull it out of PP. So now it shows I owe EB because they refunded the money to the buyer thinking they could get it back from me via pp.

dallis 03-20-2018 05:04 PM

Yeah, burning your real info for $50 is amazingly foolish.

hoop1023 03-20-2018 09:32 PM

Apparently you don't understand that the shoe refund would be $117 plus an additional $11.67 for returned shipping so I am not sure where your smart ass comment comes from about $50 and you act like opening up a new PP account somehow requires a degree in astrophysics.

oompaloompa 03-21-2018 08:19 AM

OP is annoyed, but should be annoyed with buyer, not ebay, they auto open a case
depending on if buyer says there is a fault with product.

it is not fair, I deal with about 1 per month and I still get annoyed, it hurts and feels personal but I want to keep my aged ebay and paypal in real (-ish) details, so swallow it...

cruuz36 03-12-2019 05:09 AM

Similar issue like yours.. in my state says that im not accepting refunds, and they still overspaming me with these returns and opening case on paypal.. got limited on PayPal because some of these people do not know where sale description is located, damn :D
For me there is not what you can do with it. I know most of the time Paypal is doing favor for the buyers.

james_112233 03-20-2019 03:08 AM

This isn't ebays fault. It is your buyers fault.

Switch sides, wouldn't you want the same treatment to be carried out on your seller if you were the buyer ?

Just pay the fees and be done with it.