eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & Paypal Horror Stories (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/)
-   -   New accounts need to know this (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/146255-new-accounts-need-know.html)

Csmtcs00 12-17-2021 07:52 PM

New accounts need to know this

Hi I'm new here.

I opened an eBay account about 2 weeks ago. Sold 2 items for about £225 - I was restricted twice and reinstated twice then permanently suspended. After calling eBay several times I finally got down to the exact reason which was that the items I had listed were flagged as high risk. I listed: 1 perfume, 3 makeup, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 michael kors bag. I had sold 1 coat and 1 perfume and received positives.

Ebay are now holding my money saying they will release it between 1 to 3 months. They also said my id and info didn't match but wouldn't go into further details. Have since realised that although my Id and proof of address and name of bank all matched it was the bank address that didn't match (recently moved and don't receive paper statements as all in app).

After they couldn't match the information I was told that I am a risk and potential scammer. Ebay allows you to list 10 items or make 650£ a month whichever comes first but it's not a good idea to list items close enough to 600 - I picked 8 good items that would attract attention and I didn't know this before. It is best to sell second hand bits, nothing pricet and just wait for your account to be verified.

phaz0rz 12-19-2021 08:43 AM

Re: New accounts need to know this

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. This board has been saying for years "build trust, take it slow at first and gradually increase, avoid high risk items at first, etc."

Good luck getting your money back. Everything you listed is commonly counterfeited.

dano 12-19-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1179511)
build trust, take it slow at first and gradually increase, avoid high risk items at first, etc.

This non written rule is barely surviving now. I'm listing miracast DNLA NO BRAND dongle as non working for parts at 5 euro buy it now and i got suspended aswell

I start to think it's a sellers park re-design by eBay. They need the big not the little fish

I read a post where people say why paypal will come back, and most of them say because amateur is putted aside now. They don't need to fight anymore to have their fees money, now MP take directly fees from payment, so they don't need so much sellers. How many times did you run from a stealth acc leaving hundreds of dollars no paid or more? I think all of us did that..

I think we will not go back, because eBay think be like Amazon will grow their business, i think it's more possible may born a new marketplace focusing amateur/small players needs

With my company account 5000+ feedback you can also list a dismembered person LOL

phaz0rz 12-19-2021 09:03 AM

For the record, I only ran off with unpaid fees once and it was a few months ago since I couldn't upgrade the account to MP. But yeah I agree with what you're saying, dano. Anyone who can look at eBay's recent financial statements and say that eBay is in trouble and will have to revert to Paypal is blind.

Fortunately I never made a habit of losing accounts and the first three accounts I ever bought here are now my solid MP business accounts. It's the churn and burners eBay is getting rid of. If they didn't buyer trust would slowly erode to the point where all buyers just go to Amazon instead.

With that said, if this was OP's real and only account they could have kept it alive if they'd known what they were doing. I still believe that's true.

Beekay 12-19-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Csmtcs00 (Post 1179401)
Hi I'm new here.

I opened an eBay account about 2 weeks ago. Sold 2 items for about £225 - I was restricted twice and reinstated twice then permanently suspended. After calling eBay several times I finally got down to the exact reason which was that the items I had listed were flagged as high risk. I listed: 1 perfume, 3 makeup, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 michael kors bag. I had sold 1 coat and 1 perfume and received positives.

Ebay are now holding my money saying they will release it between 1 to 3 months. They also said my id and info didn't match but wouldn't go into further details. Have since realised that although my Id and proof of address and name of bank all matched it was the bank address that didn't match (recently moved and don't receive paper statements as all in app).

After they couldn't match the information I was told that I am a risk and potential scammer. Ebay allows you to list 10 items or make 650£ a month whichever comes first but it's not a good idea to list items close enough to 600 - I picked 8 good items that would attract attention and I didn't know this before. It is best to sell second hand bits, nothing pricet and just wait for your account to be verified.

U will get your money in 60 days..better than paypal holdin your money for 180 days....So 60 days and ebay system will automatic send to you...I kno I had 4 like yours lol...I got all my money in 60 days....

rsot 12-28-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmanwebsite1 (Post 1180296)
Hello to every one.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Pandoras_box 12-28-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano (Post 1179515)
With my company account 5000+ feedback you can also list a dismembered person LOL

This bit is accurate. Established accounts get off with a lot of stuff that would put new accounts in the hole. :d

agent006140 03-02-2022 05:08 PM

I listed: 1 perfume, 3 makeup, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 michael kors bag. I had sold 1 coat and 1 perfume and received positives.
-------------
Designer handbag,perfume,makeups are all high risk/
There is a website which Ebay sellers use to authenticate designer handbags.

rsot 03-12-2022 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1186355)
I listed: 1 perfume, 3 makeup, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 michael kors bag. I had sold 1 coat and 1 perfume and received positives.
-------------
Designer handbag,perfume,makeups are all high risk/
There is a website which Ebay sellers use to authenticate designer handbags.

Right - careful.