eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & Paypal Horror Stories (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/)
-   -   OUR Stories.. Our Saga.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/3170-our-stories-our-saga.html)

ebayhateluv 03-04-2008 10:11 PM

OUR Stories.. Our Saga....

Come on folks...
We need "Some Juicy Tales"... :))

Why R U Here?
What happened?

aspkin 03-04-2008 10:37 PM

Aye, what's your story eBayHateLuv? You wanted this section. :)

twdell 03-04-2008 10:52 PM

yes, i think ebayhateluv should start the ball rolling. i bet it's not real juicy though. i think she is too nice to have a dirty tale to tell.

Ballsack 03-10-2008 11:01 AM

My horror story is the typical one you hear from ppl. I still haven't lost anything remotely significant yet. That's why I want to get away from paypal as quickly as possible before something unforseen happens.

memphis 05-03-2008 03:14 PM

Well my stories kinda stupid but here it goes. I've had an ebay account for a while now. I think 2000 is when I started it. I only used it for random purchases. As you all know our economy sucks. Here it is in the middle of the winter and no work, I'm in construction by the way. Well anyway no work and hence no money coming in, so I gotta do something quick or lose my house. My mom actually started selling on ebay a few months before work got slow. So I said what the heck why not. I listed anything of value from my house..that was easy. My mom sells clothing, mainly vero items. So I tagged along with her on her shopping trips kinda learned what and where to buy things. All real items from outlet malls. After 3 months I was a power seller doing only small potatoes my biggest month was 6 grand about half of that was to the good. So my roommate decided to sell some things. So she tagged along on a merch run. One of the brands that did real well for us had a no return policy in the store. My roommate comes across this guy with a sad story outside of the store with items that looked legit in the stores bag with a reciept and tags. Hell I thought they were real tags matched perfect. Bla bla bla. She listed them the manufacturer of the name brand she was selling flagged her listing. Ebay removed the listing. She said what the hell continued listing things thinking it was their mistake. Few weeks go by Bam suspension on her account. I didn't know anything at the time about cookies or ip or linking in paypal. Well they told her not to use any of her accounts and don't make any new accounts. Three days later my account is suspended. I'm like what the hell did I do? They say I was linked to a suspended user. Now her reinstatement is denied for using another account during a suspension. And I'm up the creek for sharing an IP address. Weeks go by I'm waiting for word from ebay hoping my account is reinstated and they correct the error. Now my roommate gets a letter from the retailer that flagged her items for being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The letter is saying that she has to pay all sorts of money and sign some incriminating paper work naming where and who she got the items from or they will be naming her as a defendant in a civil suit. This was on her birthday she got this letter. So her I am, I rolled all the money I made into merch my roommate is tapped and were facing a civil suit or pay a ridiculous amount of money to this company. My roommate calls the lawyers office that sent the letter and explains the situation. I figured they would be like ebay and give her a big f off pay it or else. Nope they listened to her, understood the situation and dropped the whole thing. Now why can't ebay handle a situation like that? We never got anything from ebay but a big ol FU. Here we are suspended from ebay, her for unknowingly selling a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item and me for sharing her IP address. We both had 100% pos feedback 4.9 seller rating, and I never sold a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ thing or had anything major happen to my account other than cranky customers. Now the biggest profiter of counterfeit merchandise in the history or the word ever(Ebay) is telling me that I am not good enough to be a member of there community. Ain't that irony, their company was mainly built from the proceeds of counterfeiting. And I'm damn close to losing my house never once listing a single counterfeit item. I hope every name brand out there sues there ass off till there ain't nothing left. We need a new sheriff in town, one that doesn't shoot first and ask questions later!

ebayaintstupid 05-03-2008 06:40 PM

My story is much simpler and much more stupid...

I realized that bidding on my own items that weren't selling let me build feedback. OK, it wasn't honest. And I deserved a reprimand. But I got suspended. My Paypal account shut down. My wife's accounts suspended and shut down.

We gave them everything they asked for and Paypal came back, but they gave me the indefinite finger at the end, saying I was suspended forever along with all linked accounts. This despite my willing to pay fees I didn't even owe to resolve the issue!!

So, my first and only "suspension" was total bull. I offered to work it out any way I could, including paying hundreds in fees for sales that never went through. And they said, sorry, no go. Screw you and all the people you know that may have been in any way affiliated with you. We don't give a rat's butt you had 100 percent positive feedback and delivered on every single item you ever sold.

So since, I have taken every chance I could to stick it to the bastages. Lately though, it just hasn't been fun anymore. They have made it so tedious to sell on EBAY and so costly, that there is no profit. I am just working for them now. What fun is that? Paying the company that screwed me.

memphis 05-04-2008 08:47 AM

Nothing would more satisfying than having ebay in financial trouble asking us (former suspended users) to re join ebay and getting to tell ebay to stick it. "No thanks Ebay I'm taking my business to a company that actually cares about something other than its bottom line".

411guru 05-04-2008 05:36 PM

memphis, try ioffer. Sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff on there. Ioffer doesn't care.

memphis 05-08-2008 05:34 PM

guru, I don't sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff. I make way more selling real stuff. Problem is sites like ioffer is filled with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so its pointless for me to sell there.