evil ebay-no luck for the irish - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Old 04-26-2012
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Talking evil ebay-no luck for the irish

hi to all,brand new member,have read and still trying to understand stealth ebay.had a great seller account several hundred 100 per cent feed back,pay pal said i a high risk but no reason so then all suspended,i sent to them all genuine personal info like copy of driving licence bank details and an invoice in hope of reinstation,no good they not intrested.found this fab site by acident.
i understand the ip and cookies problems and have made changes to deal with this,i have new address and phone number and am going to open bank acount in new said address,will this be enough to sell unlimited on ebay and how can or where can i buy a pre paid credit card that pay pal will accept
any input or suggestions gratefully received. dont know how they can treat customers like this,sorry this is like an essay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 79%

Weclome to the forum

You method is rather vague and basic - there really is no need to rush just yet, read around abit more, use the search button on the right, ask questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thankful For This Useful Post:
irish dubliner (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

what do you mean by vague and basic ? it is all very cloak and dagger it seems, but i will master it all eventually,it much easier with friends who have been there and worn the t shirt.
Old 04-26-2012

As in theres much more to it then that.

Let me ask you - whos name will you be using for the account?
Old 04-26-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Talking

dont understand much more to it ?have my sons new address in sheffield he in uni also have another friend who i can use address but she has a ebay acount but willing to open another account for herself as she mainly buys and i mainly sell,so can use either.know i must sound like an idiot,but not bothered if it mean i can get back selling.:>
Old 04-26-2012

You don't sound silly it's fine lol.

However opening on a friends address is not a good idea at all and what makes it even worse is that your friend has e/b - lets say for example your new e/b account gets suspend then your friends one may also go down due the address link.

You see with stealth we try avoid linking information - you will need a new name (made up - stealth name) you will also need a bank that doesn't mind accepting a stealth name when a paypal payment comes through.

You mentioned your sons uni address - alright its good you have access to it however if it's something like dorms/halls e/b account may have been used in the past which maybe a problem.

Again all based on risk it may sound like i'm overthinking this but this how you have to think these days - eBay/PayPal has changed alot of the years they have really tighten things up.

The best place to start will be Aspkins stealth guide to be honest with you.
Old 04-26-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Smile

oh i know i sound silly.!not bothered dont think i need stelth made up name ,what purpose would this achive, and would i need to verify this ? the uni address has no e bay users and my son is in his 4th yr so no halls it a private residance. he could be account name but not bank details as he on my suspended account.he is moving to a new address in july this year,so i had hoped to utalisethis address before he moves.
i could if needed open an account in his address in my name bank account i mean.
i am hoping if i open new account to limit pay pal use and put in listing cash on c
ollection or cash on delivery.
Old 04-26-2012

I would say 95% of the forum users have stealth names (made up) this is for the simple reason - that e/b will think your someone else and not yourself hence "stealth" yeah you would need to verify your account and such.

I suppose you could take that route you want with your sons name and uni address it's just not the recommended approach on here in general either way it should work out for you, all the best.

Keep in mind though users have used friends/families names before and have got banned again - and this can result with broken friendships.... and perhaps with family too - since they will never be able to use e/b now because of the actions of others.

If your son doesn't mind and you don't think he'll ever use e/b then i guess it's fine - but with e/b these days they just need you to make one slip and boom off with your head.

I hope yourstand why we use stealth names now though - and perhaps in the future you may join us :D so till then.....

Let us know how it goes for you - keep us updated we don't bite.... well actually some do

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

can you verify yourself with a stelth name ? i am not looking for a quick soulition,but a long life selling on e bay if this is possible / from what i have read on this site it is very unrealistic. you are a good guy-girl.thanks for your knowledge.
rebecca
Old 04-26-2012

No problem at all, i'm a Guy.

Well thats what most people do they make a stealth name, yes you can verify it, for long term - this relies on a solid address (an example would be a private virtual address, PO box ect) and solid ID (will have to think creative), but this can be done, there are users on here with stealth names which have been running for at least 3 yrs+.

Obviously also depends on what you sell, perhaps you could look at what got you taken down in the first place?

Oh by the way if thats your real name on your ID you may want to PM a mod to change it - the forum is an open forum so anyone can view it (including e/b), so get your name changed for safety if it's your full name off course.

PM me if you want more help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thankful For This Useful Post:
irish dubliner (04-26-2012)