eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & Paypal Horror Stories (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/)
-   -   2 disputes- I got stuck in middle and guess what Paypal said? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-horror-stories/6668-2-disputes-i-got-stuck-middle-guess-what-paypal-said.html)

anonymous 08-19-2008 12:42 AM

2 disputes- I got stuck in middle and guess what Paypal said?

Ok this has been awhile but still makes me mad. I surprised my wife with a new purse on eBay. The title was misspelled and the ending time was just awful. I thought I got a deal. We decided we'd be happier with a profit and resold it.

It turns out it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Now, how do I know this? The person I sold it too said so. I started a dispute on that, no way I said, look I bought it on ebay and here's the item number! Well, I started thinking maybe they were right. I thought well duh, if Paypal/eBay is telling me it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ I should dispute it with the seller I got it from!

I couldn't believe it- that seller basically said I should have known (very strong alluding/suggesting of this) right in the dispute messages. But here's the catch, I can't finish the disute with the one I bought from without having it in my hands... it was in my buyer's hands!

Long story short, even with me providing the info to link the sales and the disputes, somehow Paypal tells me I am outta luck with my purchase but also my sale! We still have that purse...

I couldn't believe it!

Oh, here's another. I am a rather peaceful person and like to avoid confrontation if possible but it makes me wanna grab a baseball bat to this day!

I buy something out of copyright from a guy. I take that and resell it with my own listing, own titles, own pictures etc etc.

He buys it on a buying account and a day or two -before- delivery confirmation shows he gets it he dings me with some really nasty negative feedback. Naturally, ebay doesn't care one bit that i can prove he's out to get me- negative described product before he got it, so he bought just to leave neg.

He has my listing taken down claiming Vero. this guy actually gave ebay a valid copyright number for something he does have rights to, that is totally a different thing. It's his 1 and only copyright, but not for this!

I tell ebay this and guess what? Yep, you guessed it, they didn't care. I couldn't believe they didn't care that this guy was signing under perjury and gets caught and they don't care! It gets better, they said the only thing i could do is sign a paper disputing his claim.

The problem is this paper says I'm willing to go to court to fight over it. I was not, not for some cheap item like that. So I never signed it, he's still selling it, my feedback was never removed, and I bet ebay has some permanent mark on my ebay record. baseball bat I'm tellin ya lol

anonymous 08-19-2008 01:13 AM

I forget all the details, but this wasn't 5 bucks, this was around $150 or so for something that was maybe twice that msrp. Basically it should have sold for about $200 or so on ebay, $250-300 in a store. I just felt like I was getting a discount by finding a deal lol If it was 20 bucks I'd say screw it, I got a nice looking ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse