eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Selling items in another country usa (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/119343-selling-items-another-country-usa.html)

monkeys@ebay 08-12-2018 08:48 AM

Selling items in another country usa

Hi people

I have a question I hope isn't to complicated basically during my travels around Europe I managed to open bank accounts in Ireland and Cyprus as well as the UK however I discovered that Cyprus does not have its own ebay system, when I enquired about this to ebay they said that I would be allowed to sell on ebay.com because of this, the ebay chat rep said in order to sell on ebay.com you had to either live in the U.S.A or live in a country that didn't have an ebay site specific to that country the rep said I could use my Cyprus address etc which sounds great however to get to my point and question:

I spend half my time travelling between the UK and Ireland and hardly go to Cyprus any more I have a Cyprus data sim card and can log onto the internet showing a Cyprus IP address on ipburger.com what I'm really really worried and paranoid about is browser geo location IE can ebay still trace my real location while showing a Cyprus ip address I actually have ebay and paypal accounts set up in Cyprus (registered on ebay.com) but I dare not log in just yet for fear of having these accounts linked and shut down! I basically need to be able to do ebay from Ireland or the UK and make ebay think I'm in Cyprus can anyone please explain the best way to go.

I'm using a pocket wifi device with a Cyprus sim which allows me to change my ip address however the problem with Cyprus is the amount of data your allowed to have which is 1 to 2 GB per month (yes I'm serious) so I need to login do my listings and log out fast clean and preferably unseen.

Thanks in advance for any help

rsot 08-12-2018 10:16 AM

Re: Selling items in another country usa

If you want to look like you're in Cyprus, have you searched how to get a decent Cyprus VPN or VPS service?

monkeys@ebay 08-12-2018 11:22 AM

Hi

Thanks for replying yes I have looked at that but very difficult to find many providers only cover Greece and then theres the problem of the browser geo location that I'm still worried about

Dufus 08-12-2018 03:38 PM

I have few uk accounts and i only sell on usa eb.
No issues.

CoDebits 10-13-2018 10:49 AM

no issue with them