eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Stealth Dutch account + German VAT policy (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/129851-stealth-dutch-account-german-vat-policy.html)

tedsmith1990 09-18-2019 03:11 PM

Stealth Dutch account + German VAT policy

I am going to say goodbye to German EBAY accounts and I am going to create Dutch Ebay accounts.

So my question is: If I am going to register an account in the Netherlands, list items in German EBAY site and change the item location from Netherlands to German , what will happened? Do I still have to provide VAT number ?

Thanks

dachilla 09-23-2019 09:56 PM

Re: Stealth Dutch account + German VAT policy

Why would you change it at all? Imo it doesn't make much of a difference as long as the delivery times and shipping cost shown are the same as within Germany. I don't really think German customers would care much weather their stuff comes from Amesterdam or Germany. If you eventually ship from Germany I don't think anyone will complain.

rsot 09-23-2019 10:00 PM

As long as the time delay is respected, it shouldn't be such a big issue

Mcloovinn 12-01-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedsmith1990 (Post 1034755)
I am going to say goodbye to German EBAY accounts and I am going to create Dutch Ebay accounts.

So my question is: If I am going to register an account in the Netherlands, list items in German EBAY site and change the item location from Netherlands to German , what will happened? Do I still have to provide VAT number ?

Thanks

ebay request German VAT base on 2 requirement:

1. business account
2. item location is Germany

rave40 01-01-2020 12:24 PM

This is even if the account is personal, DE account ?

rave40 01-03-2020 03:45 PM

If you register in ebay.co.uk and post items with item location Germany, but not shipping to there, should you provide VAT number ? As far as I know you should provide it only if your item location is DE and you want to sell in DE.

rave40 01-03-2020 04:00 PM

Sorry for the spam. I have found this information here. It might be helpful for you as well: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...alth-acct.html

KlugePatrik 01-11-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcloovinn (Post 1052453)
ebay request German VAT base on 2 requirement:

1. business account
2. item location is Germany

I agree

just make location outside DE

Faiktwo 01-18-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedsmith1990 (Post 1034755)

Thanks

Did you try to list items in German eBay and changed the location from Netherlands to Germany with your Netherland account ? Was everything Fine ? Did you registry the acc with real name or ghost ?

KlugePatrik 04-02-2020 02:17 PM

In response to a PM i can not answer to hope you see it )

Yes sure no problem. You can list on .de, from a Business Account with no VAT attached.

Just make sure that item location is outside Germany.

So if company and item location is not in Germany then you can list without VAT.
If ANY of them is in Germany then they will ask for VAT.

draginho 05-13-2020 03:53 PM

so what is your result, your experience with ducth account, with selling on DE ?

gttecify 05-18-2020 02:00 AM

I currently am obligated to upload the VAT certificate as well. I have a German eBay account, and also item location Germany. If I change all information (also business info) to another EU country and also change item location - Am I then still obligated to upload VAT Cetificate or not?

AOM 09-18-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gttecify (Post 1094230)
I currently am obligated to upload the VAT certificate as well. I have a German eBay account, and also item location Germany. If I change all information (also business info) to another EU country and also change item location - Am I then still obligated to upload VAT Cetificate or not?

Yes, they will still ask for that. I had a german account and then i changed it to NL account. One of the accounts were asked for that document. I just sent a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ document.