Account restricted 7 days for alleged counterfeit item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 09-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Angry Account restricted 7 days for alleged counterfeit item

I sell clothing and everything is authentic. I am a very old seller with verified account and have thousands of positive feedback, not a single selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback.

My problem started about two months ago. I received an email saying an item is counterfeit and removed. Then received another one with one day restriction. Messaged eBay, they say reported by "eBay community members" and I shouldn't relist it. Then another email with 3 day restriction, then 5 and finally 7. I messaged eBay several times explaining I had receipts if those items and also the last two items they removed have authenticity codes and QR codes, which can be used on brand's official website to authenticate. They always reply in same scripted way saying our system thinks that item is risky.

After reading lots of seller forum posts, I came to the conclusion that my account is under attack by competitors' bot accounts. I am pretty sure I will receive another email after this restriction ends. 10 days restriction and then maybe suspension.

I am thinking of removing all the listings for some time.

What would you do if you were in my position. Do you think this 7 day restriction will reset if I don't list for a month and don't receive another strike?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2021

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Account restricted 7 days for alleged counterfeit item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimcime View Post
I sell clothing and everything is authentic. I am a very old seller with verified account and have thousands of positive feedback, not a single selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback.

My problem started about two months ago. I received an email saying an item is counterfeit and removed. Then received another one with one day restriction. Messaged eBay, they say reported by "eBay community members" and I shouldn't relist it. Then another email with 3 day restriction, then 5 and finally 7. I messaged eBay several times explaining I had receipts if those items and also the last two items they removed have authenticity codes and QR codes, which can be used on brand's official website to authenticate. They always reply in same scripted way saying our system thinks that item is risky.

After reading lots of seller forum posts, I came to the conclusion that my account is under attack by competitors' bot accounts. I am pretty sure I will receive another email after this restriction ends. 10 days restriction and then maybe suspension.

I am thinking of removing all the listings for some time.

What would you do if you were in my position. Do you think this 7 day restriction will reset if I don't list for a month and don't receive another strike?
spread items over many accounts , ebay bots check the prices against standard prices , if you sell brands you can get easily kicked out just for selling too cheaply

it is stricter on managed payments now than it used to be in the past

I know a number of people who got kicked out with high profile accounts for selling the same items they were selling before MP for years

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 09-26-2021 at 08:49 AM.