eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Getting round the China selling limit. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/49735-getting-round-china-selling-limit.html)

cass 08-15-2012 11:58 AM

Getting round the China selling limit.

Im thinking of linking a UK ebay account to China Paypal.

Is this a way around the Chinese selling limits? I assume only the eB account has the limit not the PP?

Ebay and paypal account are in different names, will this be an issue?

If so i can make new ones in same name.

Advantage being if i open a new china account it has selling limit of 10 a month, new UK account does not.

Thanks

Ebayorbust 08-15-2012 12:39 PM

You really need to re-think this plan as there are many flaws.

For starters, adding China pp to UK ebay - bad idea

Different names on pp and ebay - bad idea

New UK accounts also start with 10 item limit.

cass 08-15-2012 12:42 PM

Why is linking China PP to UK ebay a bad idea?

UK selling limits are possible to work around, Chinese are not so this is a slightly better option.

Thanks

Ebayorbust 08-15-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cass (Post 368198)
Why is linking China PP to UK ebay a bad idea?

UK selling limits are possible to work around, Chinese are not so this is a slightly better option.

Thanks

Ebay accounts / paypal accounts should have matching details as much as possible. This includes the "origin" country.

Anything other than totally matching details causes flags and a risk of suspension.

cass 08-15-2012 12:56 PM

Yes i can appreciate this but when i lived in the UK i had several ebay sellers selling my stock with there accounts linked to one paypal account in my name.

Worked fine until one seller messed up and ended up making the whole house of cards fall down. Never again would i link multiple account to one paypal.

I dont know in reality if this will work in China but im hoping someone has done it. Have you had experience of doing this?

Thanks

Ebayorbust 08-15-2012 01:13 PM

No experience of doing it as it is a bad idea.

Probably best to wait for someone to come along and tell you it'll work without any issues and then go for it. :D

Good luck whatever you decide to do. :)

Ebayorbust 08-15-2012 01:57 PM

Do you still have UK bank accounts?

If so set up UK eBay and UK paypal. You will need to sort suitable IP to do this.

Alternatively do away with your fulfillment company and find a UK business partner. You supply it, they list, sell and ship it.

cass 08-15-2012 02:05 PM

Hi thanks for the reply.

Due to the volume the tax implications mean this is not possible.

We are not looking to avoid tax just take advantage of our location here for this particular venture.

I looked at using a UK partner, this isnt viable.

I looked at using UK paypal but this would be a last resort as dodging the IP system doing this is again a bullet i feel could be avoided.

At the end of the day this could be a good legitimate business if there was a viable way of doing it from here, it just pains me that ebay makes us jump through so many hoops - this is however there playing field so for the moment we must play the game - i just need someone to help me learn a little about the tactics.

Thanks

FizzyFish 08-15-2012 02:54 PM

Listing in the UK, using an (originally) UK registered eB account and a UK PP account is possible.

Keep it simple.

Same country for both your accounts is probably the best idea.

Expect to be suspended, as we already discussed.