eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Probably more paypal headaches for Taiwan users (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/71467-probably-more-paypal-headaches-taiwan-users.html)

Cobra commander 03-20-2014 03:19 AM

Probably more paypal headaches for Taiwan users

Got this email from Paypal:

Dear Joe Blow

Due to regulatory changes in Taiwan, we will be changing the way you can withdraw funds from your PayPal account. We are happy to announce that we have partnered with E.SUN Bank to create a new way to get your funds into your bank account faster. Our partnership with E.SUN Bank will enable you to withdraw both New Taiwan Dollars and US dollars into your E.SUN Bank account through E.SUN Global Pass.

As of March 31, 2014, users in Taiwan will need to have an E.SUN Bank account and link it to their PayPal account through E.SUN Global Pass in order to process withdrawals. We recommend that you visit your nearest E.SUN Bank branch at your earliest convenience to open an E.SUN Bank account and enable online banking service before March 31 2014.

Here’s how to get started:

1. Open an E.SUN Bank account (TWD or USD bank account, depending on which currency you wish to receive) and ensure that you have enabled the E.SUN online banking service. You can visit E.SUN’s website for more details.
2. Effective from March 31, you can log in to the E.SUN online banking website and access the PayPal withdrawal service E.SUN Global Pass, then follow the instructions to link your PayPal account.

If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our landing page for more information or contact our customer service team by logging in to your PayPal account and click “Contact Us” at the bottom.

Sincerely,
PayPal

I hope they don't make this the only way to withdraw from now on

unkown5454 03-20-2014 03:25 AM

Re: Probably more paypal headaches for Taiwan users

If that's a real email, how is that even legal for them to only allow one bank?

Cobra commander 03-20-2014 03:32 AM

I have no idea but it wouldn't be the first time they did something illegal. I guess if we don't like it then we have the choice not to use their service

rsot 03-20-2014 05:12 AM

Looks like they have partnered with that bank for online global pass....I wouldn`t jump on the idea though...just makes verification and use of bank easier it would seem

GreenBean 03-20-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra commander (Post 538203)
I have no idea but it wouldn't be the first time they did something illegal. I guess if we don't like it then we have the choice not to use their service

Stop this rubbish.

paypal make their own T&Cs.....

When you signed up to use them you agreed. Just because you dislike what happens, they still control the game.