eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Questions re. setting up EU or US ebay account, to sell into the UK (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/82177-questions-re-setting-up-eu-us-ebay-account-sell-into-uk.html)

popsock 01-26-2015 10:59 AM

Questions re. setting up EU or US ebay account, to sell into the UK

Hi folks,
I've been selling on eBay for many years now, and run a stealth account also. A problem I've had in the past 3-6 months is that the UK wholesaler of one line of products is forcing eBay to stop all UK based sellers from selling on eBay, apparently they can do this, despite the law saying they've no right to interfere with products that I've purchased in the EU. Anyway, I don't want to sue them, I'm too small and they're too big, they can bury me in legal fees.

The stupidity of all this is that they've left eBay.co.uk completely open to sellers from everywhere else. US and EU sellers are having a field day as there's no UK competition on the UK site! What a charming company eh?

So, I want to create a .de or .com ebay account purely for selling into the UK even though I'm in the UK anyway. Does this make sense?

Questions:
How do I go about doing this without linking to my UK account? I'm pretty well versed in everything "stealth" so no need for that. I'm more concerned about how I'd get access to my money. Can I open an international bank account maybe? How would I handle returns?

Many thanks in advance,
Jeff.

Callidus 01-26-2015 11:21 AM

Re: Questions re. setting up EU or US ebay account, to sell into the UK

I know you can open a US bank account, that isn't an issue. POssibly would need to be done by visiting the US.

Don't forget it being a stealth account you will encounter the 200/$20,000 issue on the PayPal (US rule)

Set it up as a normal stealth, it MAY even be better for you to look at speaking to a US seller on here as they're offering high limit accounts which may help you get started.

Item location you would need to show it as the UK, as if you got US buyers and it showed as US stock, that would cause issues.

Look at a mailbox maybe in the US?

popsock 01-26-2015 11:37 AM

Thanks mate, I'll get cracking, good advice, cheers

pikachu10 01-26-2015 06:07 PM

You'll need to get an ITIN number for sure.