eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   I got suspended again... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/100-i-got-suspended-again.html)

groundhog 02-26-2007 06:22 PM

I got suspended again...

My new account was alive for 4 weeks. First I bought few "gmail invitations" for few cents. I thought that may raise a red flag. No, I didn't. Then I waited a week and started selling cheap stuff. After a couple of sales I listed computers on auctions (not for a fixed price) starting from $0.99. I was listing one computer per 2-3 days. I sold 5 computers for average price $360-370. Today I got suspended again. They will reverse all fees anyhow :)
Any ideas what I did wrong? I didn't get any claims.
I need a strategy to keep my account alive for more than 4 weeks :)

make0moneyonebay 02-26-2007 07:14 PM

more detail please? we will try to find out what cause the problem.

groundhog 02-26-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by make0moneyonebay (Post 796)
more detail please? we will try to find out what cause the problem.

I am selling new computers. I put $0.99 auction price instead of fixed price, because my last account was suspended immediately after listing a new computer with a fixed price. So I suggested that the first "high value" item ($300-400) raises a "red flag". So this time I let buyers to bid starting from $0.99. Why to pay more listing fees if buyers will bid up to $300-400 anyway?
This way I was able to sell few computers, but now "red flag" again?
Also my paypal account was limited yesterday after the first paypal transaction for the computer. Maybe this suspended ebay account too? I didn't link paypal and ebay accounts and I was very careful about all the details we discuss here. I am using dial-up through cell phone, so my IP is different every time. I clear cookies every time by IE, I used all new information and changed my listings (not completely, but pretty much). I don't think they validate listings manually.
They probably use some software that raises flags after some events ("new computer", "fixed price",...)
On my next account I will try a fixed price again.
The good thing is that they reversed all fees, so I sold computers for free :) The bad thing - I need to do stupid work like buying gmails and ebooks again to gain some feedback. What a stupid game!!! :(

make0moneyonebay 02-26-2007 11:37 PM

buying gmails and ebooks again to gain some feedback

I think this is what caused your accounts got flag.

aspkin 02-27-2007 12:48 AM

Did eBay give your a reason for the suspension? And yes it looks like buying eBooks and any other cheap auctions seem to be seen as a red flag. Just go in selling this next time. People are generally trusting, and if you auctions look professional enough, you'll get buyers with feedback or not.

groundhog 02-27-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 801)
Did eBay give your a reason for the suspension? And yes it looks like buying eBooks and any other cheap auctions seem to be seen as a red flag. Just go in selling this next time. People are generally trusting, and if you auctions look professional enough, you'll get buyers with feedback or not.

As usual "Abusing ebay"...
Do you think I can start selling with 0 feedback? I don't think I will sell a lot :)

groundhog 02-27-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmastr (Post 809)
why don't you just buy some real items under 5 bucks?

I bought a few to start off my new account

I bought maybe 1 ebook and 3-4 gmail invitations.
I didn't want to buy $5 items, because that way I would spend $20-30 just to gain some feedback. And there is no garantee that they don't suspend me with that either.

Any ideas what to buy for $5 that would be useful? :)

groundhog 02-27-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 813)
I have sold very expensive items with 0 feedback each time I had to open a new account. The listings must be HTML, colorful, included embedded images, and look very good, and somewhere in the listing you need to write some explanation of why you are new to EBAY that puts your buyers' minds at ease. Also be sure to include explicit terms that make it clear that you are a serious buyer and don't want any nonsense from fraud guys.

Whatever I am doing is working because I do no reserve auctions for VERY expensive items, as well as a group of items selling under $100., and I noticed no difference on the closing prices whether selling with 0 feedback or a lot.

People love a bargain and as long as you seem legitimate, they will bid.

What explanation did you put on listings about why you are new on ebay?
You can't say "I was suspended before", right? :)
Also I need to get 5 feedbacks to start selling with "Buy It Now".

groundhog 02-27-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmastr (Post 811)
how about buy stuff and just resell it for a minor loss and get 2x more feedback?

how much were the ebooks and invites?

ebooks and invites were under $1.00.

If I am reselling the same things I am buying wouldn't it be a "red flag"?

groundhog 02-27-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 820)
You have to come up with your own. Mine is unique to me. Use your brain. Do you sell elsewhere, on any other auction sites or online? Use your brain.

Think like a buyer - what would you want to hear to put your mind at ease? Whatever I am putting down is working, and EBAY must be okay with it because my listings remain.

So you listed expensive items with 0 feedback? But you can't do "Buy It Now" with 0 feedback, right?

x2ruff4u 02-27-2007 03:36 PM

nope I think you need 7 or 14 feedback to do buy it now products. Also you must have a paypal premier or business account do to that.

JackNoMore 02-28-2007 02:51 PM

With respect, I don't think it matters as long as you start off with no reserve and a very low starting price. People will see a bargain and jump at it no matter who you are. I've had this discussion with others before, and probably 90-95% of the time, they don't care how flashy your auction looks (in fact that can deter them if it affects loading time or sensory overload), all they want is good clear pictures, reasonable idea what you're selling, and above all a good product at a VERY good price. The rest will sort itself out as people fight it out in the bidding. This has been my own experience and what I've observed over time. Key time slots though are important and can affect the amount of attention your auction receives.

groundhog 02-28-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 836)
I don't do Buy it Nows - all of my auctions currently are no reserve, ultra low starting price.

Groundhog, send EBAY an email and ask to be reinstated - appeal the process. They may just want to verify who you are. Hope you have the docs available to back you up - these are available for a price no matter what info you gave EBAY. One of my suspended accounts was reinstated.

I didn't use my real info, so reinstallation is impossible. My old account with real info was suspended for "using Dell picture" in my listing (which is "copyright") and appeal didn't help.

SheerGold 05-27-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 813)
I have sold very expensive items with 0 feedback each time I had to open a new account. The listings must be HTML, colorful, included embedded images, and look very good, and somewhere in the listing you need to write some explanation of why you are new to EBAY that puts your buyers' minds at ease. Also be sure to include explicit terms that make it clear that you are a serious buyer and don't want any nonsense from fraud guys.

Whatever I am doing is working because I do no reserve auctions for VERY expensive items, as well as a group of items selling under $100., and I noticed no difference on the closing prices whether selling with 0 feedback or a lot.

People love a bargain and as long as you seem legitimate, they will bid.

Hi Modee,

You say: "The listings must be HTML".

I know what HTML is.

But what are you getting at when you say that the listings must be HTML?

I cannot see that there is an alternative to HTML since every web-page is in HTML.

Please clarify what you mean.

Thanks