eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   My story and what I should do next? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/100813-my-story-what-i-should-do-next.html)

No Joker 11-03-2016 06:58 AM

My story and what I should do next?

So I've been a succesfull ebay seller for a couple of years, full time in the last 12 months. All was going well. The niche I had involves selling accessories for high end branded products. Some listings fell foul of eBay as aftermarket and replica items were listed as 'for' (insert brand) or 'fits' (insert brand) I made it clear to anyone that read the item description that certain parts are aftermarket. Im not exactly ripping people off as they are aware of what they are buying and I wasn't selling crap. However I am aware all this is still against eBay policy.

Over the course of 12 months listings got pulled here and there for brand name misuse or trademark violations, I received a 3 day suspension in may and then a 7 day ban in august. I had my listings running in eBay uk but I also had a section of listings listed directly on eBay.de and the seven day suspension was issued from Germany. (The email is in German)

Since then I've removed all aftermarket parts and only sell 100% authentic items without any issues but without almost any sales. If I don't go back to my old items I'll be out of business soon as no money is coming in.

I don't really want or need to go Stealth at this point as my account is top notch over 10 years old with 100% feedback in the thousands and worldwide selling privligies.

Does the fact that the listing removal notice was issued via eBay.de make any difference if I avoid listing on that site totally? (Notice was sent by them and the restrictions applied to all my eBay listings, but the listing in question wasn't even removed, after I received the notice I shut it down) Would I be safe to carefully continue? Thanks.

rsot 11-03-2016 07:28 AM

Re: My story and what I should do next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Joker (Post 810020)
I don't really want or need to go Stealth at this point as my account is top notch over 10 years old with 100% feedback in the thousands and worldwide selling privligies.

Does the fact that the listing removal notice was issued via eBay.de make any difference if I avoid listing on that site totally? (Notice was sent by them and the restrictions applied to all my eBay listings, but the listing in question wasn't even removed, after I received the notice I shut it down) Would I be safe to carefully continue? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. All eb sites are connected in some way so avoiding .de doesn't necessarily make you immune from other site takedowns and possible banning.

Carefully continuing is probably not a great approach - you need to solve WHY you get takedown - probably best to contact eb and submit proof

No Joker 11-03-2016 07:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. I understand all eBay sites are connected but as I understand it eBay.de in particular is almost a separate company. The listing was 'removed' on eBay.de (well notice of removal was issued but not actioned) but the same listing in English wasn't affected on eBay.co.uk/eBay.com

As for addressing why, I know exactly why the eBay.de was pulled and would be taking steps not to make the same mistake. My options are keeping going as I am and go out of business or go back to my old stock and make money. I'm trying to caculate the risk if I do that, I'm assume I still have a "third strike" ? I know this varies from case to case.

No Joker 11-03-2016 07:48 AM

I also drew way to much attention to myelf before my suspension by contacting eBay on numerous occasions drawing a lot of attention to my account. I'm assuming this got me flagged for account reviews. I've made no contact with eBay since my susspention in august and understand after three months 'punishments' reset (although remain on record)

Jackery 11-03-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Joker (Post 810020)

You should start making stealth accts. now and getting them ready...always be ready for eBays bullshiit

No Joker 11-03-2016 03:25 PM

Well that's something that's an option and the reason I joined. I'd like to avoid it if possible, as I'm unlikely to cope well juggling multiple accounts and identities.

astralman 11-03-2016 04:59 PM

if you want to sell brand items then you will have to go stealth with many accounts, unless you are an authorized re-seller with written documentation from each brand company to sell there item. It sucks, but brand companies don't want people selling there stuff without them making a buck out of you and that's the way it is and you would probably do the samething. Goodluck do what you can.

rsot 11-03-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Joker (Post 810103)
Well that's something that's an option and the reason I joined. I'd like to avoid it if possible, as I'm unlikely to cope well juggling multiple accounts and identities.

You can cope - just takes practice and diligence

Kajunrook 11-05-2016 09:17 AM

If you are a long term ebayer they will give you way more opportunities than a newbie. I have got suspended for 3 days several times for trademark violation (I used have one sell now function so thought it would be ok to sell) and still going strong because I sell so much. If I didn't sell so much they would can my account. One thing you can do is be creative i.e. instead of selling Hells Angels jewelry, I sell California Motorcycle club jewelry but item is the same. I don't sell HA stuff was just an example of creativity

LittleLilly 11-06-2016 01:57 AM

Like RSOT said, Patience is the key when dealing with these types of issues