eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   how long will it take ebay to suspend your account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1029-how-long-will-take-ebay-suspend-your-account.html)

lissyclark 08-23-2007 04:00 AM

how long will it take ebay to suspend your account?

Hi guys,
I created a new account, still havnt been suspended but its early days. I did weeks of research on here before i signed up... can anyone tell me if i am doing something wrong. here is the situation...

Cleared cookies etc
I got a dial up account that i use only for ebay so i dont slip up on IP address changes...
I use this computer only for ebay account, and all things ebay...no other past suspended email addresses...just new account.
Got new gmail account that i check only from this computer...
Registered new account with my middle and last name..
Listed address is my PO box number...so its not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address tecnicly but ive never used it for ebay before...
i dont use paypal at all...its too risky and unreliable...would rather use something else not to do with ebay like paymate (for aussies) ...
I have bought small items, things i actually need, to gain some feedback, and only pay via bank deposit..as i said i steer clear from paypal altogether. they are extint to me...
I use Mozilla firefox, not Internet explorer, as i have the settings to clear all cookies off computer every time i get out of fire fox...
Buyers are all happy so far... but im not listing much... only things i need to get rid of so far...

if i continue being this cautious, will i get caught?

any comments?

aspkin 08-23-2007 06:59 AM

I don't think you'll be caught. Just don't list any VeRO items and you should be okay for a long time. :)

rapunzel_01 08-23-2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 8034)
I don't think you'll be caught. Just don't list any VeRO items and you should be okay for a long time. :)

whats a Vero item?

lissyclark 08-23-2007 07:53 AM

thanks heaps! I hope i am on for along time, im missing my 1k a week income for doing nothing (not much compared to alot of other users on this forum, but considering i only sold a few things a week i didnt think i was doing too bad :D )

stealthdog 08-23-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 (Post 8038)
whats a Vero item?

Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme -These are named brand items (example: nike, playstation, Louis Vuitton, Juicy etc) You can find the immense list on eBay of all the companies involved. Too many counterfiet items are sold on eBay...so these companies actually have employees that scan the eBay listings for products with their name looking for ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You do not have to sell a bogus item for them to "think" it is counterfeit. When they jump to that conclusion...:eek: ...game over for you.

DogFacedBoy 08-23-2007 12:26 PM

Unfortunately, I think if you really are selling Grampa's Rolex after he died, you will get VeRO'd.
I think a lot of the VeRO members just don't like the competition or not "authorized" people selling the items other than their dealers.

Good luck staying on for a long time. Sounds like you have done your homework