Real reason for suspension/block account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Real reason for suspension/block account?

I've created an eBay account using my neighbor details, a completely new fresh windows installed, absolutely new IP, new gmail email address, i verified the account through eBay ID Verified process, the account was verified, so i put something for sale, but after a few hours i've got the:

"MC067 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Canceled" stated that "We'll send you a separate notice about the action taken on your account."
followed by 2nd mail "MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement. As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. This action was taken in accordance with the "Abusing eBay" section of the User Agreement. Review the User Agreement here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html"

If i log in to my account it said:
"Registration blocked. Users whose registered status is blocked must resolve any outstanding complaints on file before proceeding. Please resolve all outstanding complaints and try again.
# Click here to make a one-time payment to pay your outstanding balance in full.
# Learn more about account suspension."

I guess if i click the "Learn more about account suspension" my account won't unlocked, it's just for lecture purpose. (if you haven't read nothing lately.)
So it remains to click to make "a one-time payment" so i can pay MY OUTSTANDING balance in full. But even if i click to pay "my balance", the balance is 0.
I did contact them and wait a explication but i don't expect to get something too close to the true.
What do you think about this?
The Following User Says Thank You to bryansjones47 For This Useful Post:
waterproof (05-13-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2009

Longevity: 91%

Looks like they linked you anyway, and your neighbor's address being similar confirmed it too. Did you use separate window user? I'd make sure I know exactly where mistake was made first and than go ahead and make new Stealth Ebay/Paypal, abandon the suspended one, it's not worth your efforts any more.
Old 05-10-2009
Threadstarter  

well, i don't expect to gain access to the suspended account, just wanted to get an answer from them so i know what to do next. well, about linked thing can't be because it's not quite neighbor :D what do you mean by "separate window user" ? thanks for reply
The Following User Says Thank You to bryansjones47 For This Useful Post:
goodies$24 (05-10-2009)
Old 05-10-2009

It looks like they linked you by flash cookies since you don't use separate window user for each pair of your Ebay/PP accounts.

Separate windows user puts you in brand new desktop you can dedicate only to things related to this particular account, and you don't have to worry cleaning your cookies when you log into PP and Ebay any more. Very convenient!

Go to Start-Control Panel - User Accounts -> and create a new user that you should name it the same name as your Ebay account to avoid confusion. Than, you will always now where you are if you are juggling everal accounts at the same time.

It's very easy to switch between user accounts too. Just go to:

Start-Logg Off- and Switch your user back to whatever is your original Window user. It's almost like having a brand new computer for each Ebay account, except you still need to pay attention to your IPs you log in so they don't link you. I use AOL dial up for that just to log into my different accounts when I have to, but because it is slow on dial-up in general, I use Auctiva on my primary account to list auctions. Auctiva does not share info with Ebay regarding IPs, and your auctions are listed from Auctiva servers. Hope it helps, search the forum a little, it has been addressed many times before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
waterproof (05-13-2009)
Old 05-10-2009
Threadstarter  

i know what you mean now, but i already said that :

"I've created an eBay account using my neighbor details, a completely new fresh windows installed, absolutely new IP, new gmail email address, i verified the account through eBay ID Verified process, the account was verified".

so i don't need separate windows since i did it on a fresh windows. or?
Old 05-10-2009

Nope, it's not as "fresh" as you may think unless you re-formatted your hard drive. My guess is still you have been linked by flash cookies. Separate window users take care of that, IMO.
Old 05-10-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

What do you mean by "fresh" windows install? Do you mean you reformatted your hard drive? In other words, took everything completly off your hard drive so your computer wouldn't even boot up, until you reinstalled windows?

If you did that, then that would have got rid of all flash cookies and cookies.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
waterproof (05-13-2009)
Old 05-10-2009

The fact your account is verified does not mean much and does not prevent them from linking and suspending. Sometimes Ebay has delayed reaction.... If you just upgraded your windows, your flash cookies are still in your computer and good possibility you been linked by those.

Again, don't ask Ebay anything related to your suspended account. You don't owe them anything, account is gone. Focus on finding out where you made a mistake, so you don't repeat the same in creating new accounts.
Old 05-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

A repair of a windows install, an upgrade from a previous version, or an install over-top of an existing install does NOT clean the system.

For those wanting to do a clean install, I suggest choosing the option to delete the partition while you are still in the blue-screen section. Then create new partition. Then format. Then begin the file copy process like normal. Then, during the setup process, when it asks you to create users - create an assload of them. Like user 01, user 02, user 03, until you have about 95 times more than you think you will never use.

Nukes the partition table, MBR, FAT, and every file. Hard to mess that one up.
Old 05-10-2009

LOL, Vic...don't confuse OP with creating 100 users/accounts right away! He can add those as he goes easy.. Too many user accounts tend to slow down the system a bit.
Old 05-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Yeah. Maybe 50 times more would be sufficient for most people...

Better to have than to have not, IMO.

Mainly, I was trying to convey the 'be prepared' and 'be thorough' principles by exaggerating just a bit. A wee bit.
Old 05-10-2009

Longevity: 98%

Get a browser extension that blocks flash and then make a shortcut to your flash folder. Delete that folder all the time to delete the cookies.
Old 05-10-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
A repair of a windows install, an upgrade from a previous version, or an install over-top of an existing install does NOT clean the system.

I agree. The OP did not give us enough details to determine which he did.

Bryansjones, please define a fresh windows install.
Old 05-10-2009
Threadstarter  

what about using Vmware workstation for creating multiple or single (depends how you desire) virtual machines with the desired operating system on them?
Old 05-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^^ Just give complete information B4 thinking of variations. Tell us what you did from the start, everything. Then we can help 'fix' things to avoid problems.

It seems the the suspension is for account ID. So let's see.
Old 05-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

the delayed reaction Lyda talks about, if you have made a boo boo, when do you think they would strike you, 3 mths, a year, 2 yrs?
Old 05-11-2009

I think it's different with everyone.... When I created my first Ebay account, I created another one a year later and used them both for a while with only 1 Paypal. So, when my first account got suspended, I said: Oh well, I'll just use my other one and I did for another 6 weeks or so before one day I logged in and saw they shut me down on that one too. Didn't know anything about linking accounts at that time. These days I see some people get linked right away, some in few weeks, some in few months... But, they all have the same destiny if there is anything there to be linked to.
But I don't think it takes them more than 3 months..That would be IMO upper limit.