eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Like it or not, Paypal & eBay accounts now link (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1099-like-not-paypal-ebay-accounts-now-link.html)

ebaykilla 08-29-2007 04:52 PM

Like it or not, Paypal & eBay accounts now link

today i got "linked" in 1 hour after creating a my new ID and then listing 10 items. the Simon gift card worked but I think eBay links paypal address automatically. I used a fresh email account, new IP, fresh and valid phone number /mailing address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new gift card in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and it still linked me. I put the new Paypal confirmed email address in eBay under the Paypal payments section & I think this closed my fate.

Any ideas how I can avoid this next time? Can I start a new seller account without taking paypal?

DogFacedBoy 08-29-2007 05:12 PM

Sure you can, but it might limit the amount of people who bid

aspkin 08-29-2007 07:17 PM

EBay is changing a lot of things recently. This could be something new, but I haven't heard much about it so far.

rapunzel_01 08-30-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaykilla (Post 8618)
today i got "linked" in 1 hour after creating a my new ID and then listing 10 items. the Simon gift card worked but I think eBay links paypal address automatically. I used a fresh email account, new IP, fresh and valid phone number /mailing address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new gift card in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and it still linked me. I put the new Paypal confirmed email address in eBay under the Paypal payments section & I think this closed my fate.

Any ideas how I can avoid this next time? Can I start a new seller account without taking paypal?

how and why did you link? you put the new email whats that suppose to mean? Did you change paypal email primary or create new paypal? Of course we know its linked I already said this in another post abouthow ebay links my home address to ship items to if I dont want to ship to my ebay address.:cool:

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 01:49 AM

I linked a new paypal and new ebay account today and listed 10 items. So far so good

rapunzel_01 08-30-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8665)
I linked a new paypal and new ebay account today and listed 10 items. So far so good

yippie man Chris im scared myself I listed two items on 7 day auctions I have a day and half left and listed 2 more auctions today.....

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 01:54 AM

I aint neva scared..lol

spike1 08-30-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8670)
I aint neva scared..lol

that's right. you go pimp!!! damn it feels good to be a gangsta!!!!!!

rapunzel_01 08-30-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike1 (Post 8675)
that's right. you go pimp!!! damn it feels good to be a gangsta!!!!!!

:D :D :D :p :p

ebaykilla 08-30-2007 10:38 AM

I did not delete the banned email address stored in Paypal...was I supposed to do this? I added a new email address to my paypal while I still had banned email addresses on there. Could that do it?

I was suspended for linked to a suspended user in 1 hr after my first listing with fresh new info and clean computer. This never happened to me in the past. The only thing I could think of was the email address being cross referenced with Paypal since they share info with eBay.

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaykilla (Post 8722)
I did not delete the banned email address stored in Paypal...was I supposed to do this? I added a new email address to my paypal while I still had banned email addresses on there. Could that do it?

I was suspended for linked to a suspended user in 1 hr after my first listing with fresh new info and clean computer. This never happened to me in the past. The only thing I could think of was the email address being cross referenced with Paypal since they share info with eBay.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to delete the old addy. If it is banned what is the point of keeping? I think by leaving my old one on there I accidentially signed in under it and "reported" myself to EB when submitting a fee payment.
Now the second addy that had been on a good account is the only one on my PP, but it is no longer any good.
I will add a clean address, delete the old one and hopefully have a verified account that isn't red-flagged to EB.

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 11:07 AM

From what i'm hearing that doesn't work anymore. Paypal and Ebay shares info regardless. Can someone else verify that

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 11:25 AM

Does PP verify the name and address on bank accounts submitted or just that it is a valid account. I have 2 other accounts that I could always use, but ofcourse the name and address is the same as the one registered with the verified premier account.

I used a PP account that serviced an EB account that was banned and used it for a year while the old email was still on it, only used the good (newer) email on the active EB account and didn't have any problems until I recently got banned, which as I stated before I think was due to me screwing up and entering the old email into the login and sending a payment to EB from the banned email.

I guess the lesson is, once an email is banned from EB and registered at PP, get it off of PP.
Once the email or ID is tainted, throw it away forever.

JackNoMore 08-30-2007 12:38 PM

It would probably be a good idea to remove the email too before you associate it or link it with ebay. I think you can have that email on the account all day long if you want, but if you try doing something with that account WITH ebay, then you have problems.

Here's a thought though...is it just the primary email that they target?

rapunzel_01 08-30-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 8751)
It would probably be a good idea to remove the email too before you associate it or link it with ebay. I think you can have that email on the account all day long if you want, but if you try doing something with that account WITH ebay, then you have problems.

Here's a thought though...is it just the primary email that they target?

good questions, but NO....I already linked my new primary and had my old addy on my paypal address before I was banned about 1 week ago or so. Get this I was banned from an older account that didnt have paypal one bit so I know they linked by my old photobucket account or IP address that was the same as that one.

ebaykilla 08-30-2007 12:58 PM

So does eBay ban a Paypal account altogether even if you removed the banned emails after accidently linking by making a one time payment with a bad email?

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 01:08 PM

I guess I'll give it a try.
The PP acct has never given me a problem and at this point I'll go with all new addresses on it. It'll either work or it won't.
No sense coveting a PP account that no matter what emails are on it is unusable at EB.
i.e. At this point nothing really to lose.

JackNoMore 08-31-2007 02:37 PM

So can you still change the name on the Paypal account before a limitation and be ok? Or is that just going to raise another red flag at Paypal? And with all the recent talk about changes at Paypal and Ebay, is this not even possible at all now?

ihatebay 08-31-2007 03:56 PM

Are you kidding me, if you change your name what are you gonna do about your SSN?

ebay-sucks 08-31-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8665)

Rather odd....yesterday you posted the above about listing 10 items items and today you posted what is below that your life is so good without ebay and to not have any items listed...........................

:eek: :eek:

WOW. it feels really good to have my own website and not to use ebay anymore but just and only for fun..

AHHHHH. What a day ...what a day, not to have Ebay!

I told my ol lady I wasnt using Ebay anymore and I even picked up a part-time job until my other 2 business come through and my website sales pick up..(Which should be within 2 months)

I suggest all of you to wean off Ebay. You will wake up stress free and your day will go so much better.

Ebay is very stressful. Not knowing if your going to wake up and account be suspended. Now i wake up to sales from my website...

I have been less stress out after i have decided to give up Ebay and devote my time to to other projects

No longer am i pulling my hair out over ebay cheap buyers trying to blackmail me and stressing out over 1 Neg

Lost 10 pounds ever since I left Ebay alone for good, now I dont sit by my computer and check to see if my account is still good every hour

anotherebayhater 08-31-2007 04:11 PM

hmmmmmmmmm....

JackNoMore 08-31-2007 04:41 PM

Never had to provide a SS#