eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Simple question about shipping/paypa/ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1108-simple-question-about-shipping-paypa-ebay.html)

frustrated 08-30-2007 02:36 AM

Simple question about BUYING and being suspended

Okay, my soon to be ex husband screwed me over, sorta. Over the past 4 yrs he's been avoiding paying sellers fees and kept getting his accounts suspended 4 times or so (unknown) for reusing addresses etc..long story, really. LOL
My question is complicated to word but I'll get it a try. 2 wks ago the account I was using for close to 2 months was suspended for being linked to his old account. So I changed over my ip company shortly after the suspension (not just for this reason, I was switching anyhow lol), I opened a brand new paypal account, email address and used my friends info to register. NOW that I'm using a new ip and used my friends name (with permission) to join.
I'm VERY confused how I pay and get my package to come here and NOT my friends address that ebay has, kwim? How does the seller know where to send my item? Like will it be okay to use my REAL shipping from paypal when using checkout/pay now on ebay or will my package go to the address ebay as registered for me?
I don't want my package going to my friends place because her husband will be probably keep it (he's an ass) Thanks in advance and THANK YOU for this forum, it rocks!
PS: I also used her phone number to register::::

frustrated 08-30-2007 02:40 AM

Okay then, I have no idea why the breaks are not showing in my posts. It's all in one?

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 10:43 AM

Frustrated, this is why you keep your seller and buyers account different. You can create a buyers account with your own info using a paid proxxy or some sort and Ebay will not suspend you. I have another buyers account using mostly my real info except that I changed my last name around just a little. And usually I either log into that account from a proxy or at the library etc...

I never heard of anyone losing a buyers account, its the sellers account that ebay gets you one. They will welcome you to be a buyer all day long

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8723)
Frustrated, this is why you keep your seller and buyers account different. You can create a buyers account with your own info using a paid proxxy or some sort and Ebay will not suspend you. I have another buyers account using mostly my real info except that I changed my last name around just a little. And usually I either log into that account from a proxy or at the library etc...

I never heard of anyone losing a buyers account, its the sellers account that ebay gets you one. They will welcome you to be a buyer all day long

Any advice on building feedback when getting the seller account of the ground? I was hoping to pick up some items that I would normally buy in the $10 range just to get some feedbacks. I suppose this would work and then exclusively sell on that account and get another one set up to buy with to be ready to take over if the first one gets banned.

Always have one "on deck" so to speak...anyone do it this way?

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 11:04 AM

I dont know, I usually just sell from the get go. I never have a problem not getting sales with "0" feedback.. What do you be selling that requires feedback to sell??

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8731)
I dont know, I usually just sell from the get go. I never have a problem not getting sales with "0" feedback.. What do you be selling that requires feedback to sell??

I did list some items right out of the gate, but it won't let me do BIN's, list multiple items (like 10 available of the same thing ) or even set a reserve, which sucks beacuse it costs more to start a listing at $50 than at $10 with a $50 reserve.

JackNoMore 08-30-2007 12:32 PM

The reserve limitation must have happened recently because I used it quite frequently just a couple of accounts ago.

DogFacedBoy 08-30-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 8749)
The reserve limitation must have happened recently because I used it quite frequently just a couple of accounts ago.

Who knows?
Seems that whether it is rules or listing procedure things change at EB everytime you sign on.
The only thing they are consistent about is their lack of consistency.

Or their love of suspending accounts with no proof, just the fact that it is their playground and their ball and they make the rules.

frustrated 08-30-2007 01:13 PM

Good to know, Chris. I am DONE with selling. The things I sell can easily be listed on etsy.com anyhow and I can get more money and the people are too darn nice to leave you negative when you're late on shipment etc .AND it's free to open a store and only .20 to list an item. LOL It's probably not what most people would be into here as it's a more handmade thing but they do allow a lot of items to be listed that is not handmade so maybe y'all can look into the rules on there? And Thanks a lot! after I posted this message I stayed on here searching for about 4 hrs & I found a lot of similar posts , so forgive me for posting a thread that's been posted before. :) To catch a predator...love it.

aspkin 08-30-2007 02:23 PM

That's actually a great idea Chris. I like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8723)

Chris Hanson 08-30-2007 04:06 PM

Thank you thank you......