eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   First eBay account, immediate suspension (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/11103-first-ebay-account-immediate-suspension.html)

beus 05-25-2009 07:55 PM

First eBay account, immediate suspension

I don't understand.

My brother opened his first eBay account today. He listed one item a few hours later and he got suspended from eBay 20 minutes after that.

He received the MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement ..... email.

I really don't know why. This was his first eBay and PayPal account ever.
I reviewed the user agreement with him and we just don't get it.

Any idea?

needhelpplease 05-25-2009 08:06 PM

If the ebay/paypal account was created on a computer that had already been used for ebay/paypal registration/use and that ebay/paypal account got suspended then that is what caused it. You would have to use a ccleaner and change your ip address and make sure that the name/number/address is not the same as the info used on an account that has gotten suspended/kicked off. Hope that helps! Good Luck!

king02 05-25-2009 08:07 PM

his problem was selling to fast after opening a ebay account most people wait 30 days to list things for sale and also your problem can be selling a high price item and making the auction a 3 day auction try listing 7 days on a new account next time

needhelpplease 05-25-2009 08:18 PM

I have started listing items within the same day I registered an ebay account and I had no problems. They were 7 day listings since you can't list shorter listings unless you have a feedback of 10 or 15 or higher. A number of things could have caused it for you.

lakeman 05-25-2009 08:26 PM

Unless you were selling a high priced item I doubt it was because you listed right after creating the account. Although that is not a good idea to do, you should wait at least 30 days to start listing. More details would be helpful.

beus 05-25-2009 08:48 PM

My brother has his own computer, address, phone number, etc.
He only listed a book, just to try it out but he chose the 3 day auction style.

Why do you need to wait 30 days before you start selling?

GreenBean 05-25-2009 08:56 PM

^^^Can you upload the whole message,please? I prefer to see exactly what they have written. Then any advise is more helpful:peace:

beus 05-25-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 88918)
^^^Can you upload the whole message,please? I prefer to see exactly what they have written. Then any advise is more helpful:peace:

MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement xxxx

Hello xxxx (xxxx@xxxx.com),

As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. To appeal this suspension, please go to:
Suspended accounts

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts. Any remaining listing fees are due right away and will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We understand this may be an inconvenience for you. However, keeping the marketplace safe is our top priority.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

This action was taken in accordance with the "Abusing eBay" section of the User Agreement. Review the User Agreement here:
Your User Agreement

H483

GreenBean 05-25-2009 09:45 PM

Ah, ebay are being pains as usual. What cc is on the account or bank account? What steps has your brother done to say he is who he says he is? Do you understand what I mean? If he has just gone ahead created & listed without supplying more (financial) details, then this happens:pout:
Is there a paypal associated yet?

beus 05-25-2009 09:52 PM

He was asked to confirm his identity with a credit card when he opened his eBay account.
So he did that. He also linked his PayPal account which is verified.

nomore 06-02-2009 02:02 AM

get him to contact eBay, especially if he's the correct details of the acc. Sounds like just another way eBay restrict ppl for no reason, but yu will probably find after a quick call it will be cleared up, maybe phone verification... happened to me ages ago for no reason.

sycore 06-02-2009 02:41 PM

They are doing the phone verification callback on new accounts, to stop virtual numbers. You will have to spoof your caller id info on the outbound call, or use or trac phone number you can call back from. There are ways around it but you'll have to figure it out.

philly387 06-02-2009 02:48 PM

I suggest calling ebay. Talking to an actual person is better than through email.

nobody999 06-03-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beus (Post 88908)
I don't understand.

My brother opened his first eBay account today. He listed one item a few hours later and he got suspended from eBay 20 minutes after that.

He received the MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement ..... email.

I really don't know why. This was his first eBay and PayPal account ever.
I reviewed the user agreement with him and we just don't get it.

Any idea?

probably got linked