eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Personal account suspended because of job (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/11228-personal-account-suspended-because-job.html)

Ford MF 06-03-2009 10:20 AM

Personal account suspended because of job

Hi, I work for a small, independent textbook retailer in NYC. We have several stores serving several New York colleges, and each of these stores (up until this morning) had their own Half.com account to sell their overstock. A couple months ago, one of the stores ran afoul of the 5% feedback bar and had its account suspended. Today, the "related" accounts for all our other stores were also suspended (even though these other accounts all have 100% positive feedback and sterling DSRs). Not only that, but the PERSONAL accounts for a number of our employees were also suspended (including mine).

I appreciate that this is a board to help market a product, but I am honestly not interested in investing the time to commit the level of fraud required to stealth eBay. I'm not trying to make a living off it, I just want to go back to being able to buy my Dungeons and Dragons miniatures. What are the realistic chances of me convincing eBay that I just work here and don't have anything to do with my employer's account?

DM

Lyda 06-03-2009 12:02 PM

Very slim if none, IMO. Why don't you open an account in some of your family's info, maybe brother, sister, parents, child...maybe even a friend with their permission? Than you would have all legit info, and only need to be careful to use always different IP (you can sign on AOL dial up for that-$10 a month). This way, if you also open Paypal with same information and if they ever ask your social, you will be covered.

By the way, I wouldn't call opening new Stealth accounts high "level of fraud":rolleyes:. It's the way for people who never committed fraud but got cut off just like you did for no good reason, to get back on and exercise their rights to buy and sell again. I believe most of us long time members of this forum could be offended by your statement and your first post here ever?! Maybe not the best way to start and say "Hello!" ?.....:ranger::peace:

philly387 06-03-2009 12:46 PM

If you are just buying items, you may be able to create another account with all your information except you will have to use a different phone number and email address. A buyer's account doesn't get looked at as much as a seller's account.

nobody999 06-03-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford MF (Post 89836)
Hi, I work for a small, independent textbook retailer in NYC. We have several stores serving several New York colleges, and each of these stores (up until this morning) had their own Half.com account to sell their overstock. A couple months ago, one of the stores ran afoul of the 5% feedback bar and had its account suspended. Today, the "related" accounts for all our other stores were also suspended (even though these other accounts all have 100% positive feedback and sterling DSRs). Not only that, but the PERSONAL accounts for a number of our employees were also suspended (including mine).

I appreciate that this is a board to help market a product, but I am honestly not interested in investing the time to commit the level of fraud required to stealth eBay. I'm not trying to make a living off it, I just want to go back to being able to buy my Dungeons and Dragons miniatures. What are the realistic chances of me convincing eBay that I just work here and don't have anything to do with my employer's account?

DM

next to none...but you might contact them and give it a try..

Stealthyman 06-03-2009 08:05 PM

You tell him Lyda. lol

aspkin 06-03-2009 08:35 PM

Geez.. what an ass..

"Hey guys I don't believe in your scammy ways, but can you help me?"

I should really work on that backhand smilie.

Burning 06-03-2009 08:39 PM

If you don't appreciate our ways than you are not invited in the forum. You should appreciate finding this forum and now you are nagging.