New Non-Performance Policy...getting around this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default New Non-Performance Policy...getting around this?

I was curious to know if anyone knew anything about the new non-performance policy. Well, I have a couple of ebay accounts. About 2 months ago, I got hit with this policy on two of my accounts. Basically, eBay is now making sure that us sellers do not go above a 5% negative/neutral rating. I was notified that I had 4 months to have majority of my negatives and neutrals withdrawn. One account is at 99.1% and the other is at 97.4%. 2 months into this program, I got a new email stating that one account I cannot list at all and another one I am restricted on how much I list. Its still in the 30 days process. Anyways, after multiple removals of feedbacks, I still got this second notice. So, I closed both of my ebay accounts. I have a couple of other ones but i'm just trying to figure out if this rating thing is all automated and if i'm not a registered user by closing my own account, do you think I will still pull up in the systems under this non-performance policy. Hopefully, i'm under the radar now and I won't get suspended...what do you guys think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

As long as you can remove the negatives, you should be okay and eBay will restore your accounts. It's mostly automated.
Old 09-02-2007

Longevity: 99%

Aspkin, what about accounts that have been previously suspended just for nonpayment? Are they still being reinstated immediately once payment is made or is there even a point in making the payment because they're not coming back? Found an old account with a small bill due.
Old 09-03-2007

It is hard to remove the negatives with the buyers getting emails from Ebay that your a theif. It automatically puts the seller in a hole.

It should be illegal for ebay to send an email to a buyer telling them you have been suspended for frivilous activities.

Makes you look guilty before you even start.

I got an email from a buyer telling me I was a goner before I even seen the susension on my ebay.

Also, how can you finish your sales when they lock you out of everything?
Old 09-03-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian_Bella View Post
I was curious to know if anyone knew anything about the new non-performance policy. Well, I have a couple of ebay accounts. About 2 months ago, I got hit with this policy on two of my accounts. Basically, eBay is now making sure that us sellers do not go above a 5% negative/neutral rating. I was notified that I had 4 months to have majority of my negatives and neutrals withdrawn. One account is at 99.1% and the other is at 97.4%. 2 months into this program, I got a new email stating that one account I cannot list at all and another one I am restricted on how much I list. Its still in the 30 days process. Anyways, after multiple removals of feedbacks, I still got this second notice. So, I closed both of my ebay accounts. I have a couple of other ones but i'm just trying to figure out if this rating thing is all automated and if i'm not a registered user by closing my own account, do you think I will still pull up in the systems under this non-performance policy. Hopefully, i'm under the radar now and I won't get suspended...what do you guys think?
Ok. Let's keep the BS to a minimum here. You were told in the emails you received that your account will be limited over a period of 4 months, I believe by 25% of your sales / month until you are eventually suspended. All you have to do about this is get as many of your negative/neutral feedbacks mutually withdrawn. If you can't do this, then you really do have some serious issues with buyers and you really shouldn't be selling on ebay.

aspkin is right, the process is mostly automated. ebay doesn't t care what your feedback % is, all that matters is how you've been treating buyers, and if you've had numerous negative/neutral feedbacks in the last few months, then yeah you're gonna be picked up.
Old 09-03-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
It is hard to remove the negatives with the buyers getting emails from Ebay that your a theif. It automatically puts the seller in a hole.

It should be illegal for ebay to send an email to a buyer telling them you have been suspended for frivilous activities.

Makes you look guilty before you even start.

I got an email from a buyer telling me I was a goner before I even seen the susension on my ebay.

Also, how can you finish your sales when they lock you out of everything?
You're right, it should be illegal for ebay to send an email to a buyer telling them you have been suspended for frivilous activities, and it is! ebay never tells another member that someone's been suspended. All ebay (and us in customer service) are allowed to say is 'so and so is no longer a registered user. this may have happened for various reasons, including account closure or suspension of account.' It also states that we cannot tell a member WHY another member is showing as 'no longer a registered user' and we tell them to contact them directly if they persist.