eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Buying and selling items for feedback (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/118855-buying-selling-items-feedback.html)

muzzie 07-21-2018 04:32 AM

Buying and selling items for feedback

Never had this before. Opened ebay, purchased about 15 different items on the first day, then placed several items for sale in a couple of days. After listing them, ebay got limited in a couple of hours. Contacted them via chat, they said they need some additional verification of the account and asked stupid questions like "why are you selling these items so cheap" (that is an auction starting from 1 penny, that's why, stupidity of ebay reps is pretty hilarious), and "how would you send it if shipping is more than the item" (again, how can they know winning bid and price of shipping in my country). Of course I replied to all these questions correctly and politely. They checked something for two more minutes and said that they will not reinstate the account. My versions are that either too many purchases in the first day, or sending messages to sellers and asking feedback was a bad idea. What is your opinion?

JamesNorth101 07-21-2018 04:32 AM

Re: Buying and selling items for feedback

What was the limitation you got? An MC113? Which country is this account linked to?

Beautiful 07-21-2018 01:04 PM

Those questions are typically asked when you list products too soon on a new account

As long as you convince them you're selling used items from your garage, and the listings you had up don't look shady, you should be reinstated

Play 07-21-2018 01:31 PM

Could just have been that there was more than usual activity on a new account, so it was manually reviewed. The person who did the manual review, decided you were too high a risk for their community so banned you.

I would go a lot easier on new accounts, whether your buying or selling. That's just my opinion though.

dallis 07-21-2018 02:55 PM

Opened ebay, purchased about 15 different items on the first day, then placed several items for sale in a couple of days

stupidity of ebay reps is pretty hilarious

Got irony, anyone? :)

muzzie 07-22-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

What was the limitation you got? An MC113? Which country is this account linked to?
Latvian account, no any particular limitation code, just "Your ebay account has been suspended".

Quote:

Opened ebay, purchased about 15 different items on the first day, then placed several items for sale in a couple of days

stupidity of ebay reps is pretty hilarious

Got irony, anyone?
No irony, I believe ebay is about buying... or a regular buyer is registering but not buying? :)

Quote:

Could just have been that there was more than usual activity on a new account, so it was manually reviewed. The person who did the manual review, decided you were too high a risk for their community so banned you.

I would go a lot easier on new accounts, whether your buying or selling. That's just my opinion though.
For me as well, can do new accounts without any problems. But that i weird, they said they have some sort of evidences that I am a bad guy. I believe that is because I asked for FB via PM, and they spotted that during manual review.

Quote:

Those questions are typically asked when you list products too soon on a new account

As long as you convince them you're selling used items from your garage, and the listings you had up don't look shady, you should be reinstated
You are absolutely correct. But the items listed were not my main items, just some crap that sells under 1 GBP:

iPhone 7 TPU unbranded cover
iPhone 6 TPU unbranded cover
Car USB charger
KeyChain toy
RCA cable

Are these risky? For me they are just a cheap garbage.

BigCJ 07-22-2018 08:00 AM

..those are account killers on even more SOLID accounts...

muzzie 07-22-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 932312)

What exactly?

BigCJ 07-22-2018 07:39 PM

Electronics in general. All of those on a new account are a huge flag

Play 07-22-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

iPhone 7 TPU unbranded cover
iPhone 6 TPU unbranded cover
Car USB charger
KeyChain toy
RCA cable

Are these risky? For me they are just a cheap garbage.
Unbranded phone cases per say aren't risky at all. What induces risk is when you include "iPhone" in the title/description. Even though its a case, its just picked up as high risk. Its a double edged sword this one.

Chargers, unbranded, i've sold many on new accounts without issues. Just go slow, and make sure you're not selling anything branded.

Keychain - seems low risk.

muzzie 07-23-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 932437)
Unbranded phone cases per say aren't risky at all. What induces risk is when you include "iPhone" in the title/description. Even though its a case, its just picked up as high risk. Its a double edged sword this one.

Chargers, unbranded, i've sold many on new accounts without issues. Just go slow, and make sure you're not selling anything branded.

Keychain - seems low risk.

Keychain toy had Iron Man design - raised flags for having branded Marvel words?
iPhone - why is it high risk if it is just a generic piece of plastic? Or easier just to avoid and sell totally generic items, not branded in any way and not related to any brands? It was not a VeRO shutdown, just a generic "Your account has been suspended"

cafonabob1 07-26-2018 10:54 PM

Opened ebay, purchased about 15 different items on the first day, then placed several items for sale in a couple of days.

Does a normal first time user do this? You need to open an account, wait a day, list like a paperback book, wait a day, buy some crap, wait a few days, buy the book with another stealth account, etc...

Of course they are spooked. Take it easy.

cafonabob1 07-26-2018 10:55 PM

Also I have probably a dartboard in the eBay breakroom with my face on it. After a few weeks they will let you buy $10K a day no problem but if you list $300 they ask for documents.

muzzie 07-27-2018 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cafonabob1 (Post 933302)
Opened ebay, purchased about 15 different items on the first day, then placed several items for sale in a couple of days.

Does a normal first time user do this? You need to open an account, wait a day, list like a paperback book, wait a day, buy some crap, wait a few days, buy the book with another stealth account, etc...

Of course they are spooked. Take it easy.

I do not see why I can not open ebay and go on a buying spree same day as ebay loves buyers, not sellers. I believe they don't care about this, and the main limit reason was me selling something Apple related, which their zombie workers find as highrisk in any situation

Dufus 07-27-2018 06:52 AM

Maybe you bought loads of 1$ items?

rsot 07-27-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cafonabob1 (Post 933303)
Also I have probably a dartboard in the eBay breakroom with my face on it. After a few weeks they will let you buy $10K a day no problem but if you list $300 they ask for documents.

Paranoia - meh

GreenBean 07-27-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 932312)

Is the OP joking?

Over 1800 posts and he don’t know what is risky?

Pfffttt... me think amazing.

:faint: