eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Can I Close a Linked Ebay Account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/12186-can-i-close-linked-ebay-account.html)

mine 07-19-2009 06:58 PM

Can I Close a Linked Ebay Account?

Hello. I'm new here.

I had an Ebay account which was 9 years old and it has recently recieved a 1 year suspension due to Copyright Infringment report which was unjust. In my desperation I went ahead and opened a new account on Ebay before reading any information on the net about account linking. Within an hour it was also suspended.

My first question is if my main account got reinstated then will the new account also be reinstated? If my new account remains suspended then will that mean my original account will get suspended again for being linked?

Also I would like to know if I was to close the new account then would it also close the account which it is linked to?

Thanks for your help.

aspkin 07-19-2009 08:58 PM

Nah, you'll have to reinstate each account separately.

I wouldn't mess with your new account anymore if you were going to try and reinstate your old account.

If you get your old account back up and running you should be fine.

mine 09-02-2009 06:04 AM

I've finally been able to get my main account reinstated. What should I do with the linked account now? Should I just leve it alone?

Vicvelcro 09-02-2009 06:35 AM

Absolutely. No touchie.

mine 09-04-2009 09:18 AM

I can't use it again? Ever?

Vicvelcro 09-04-2009 11:32 AM

If you don't mind having it happen again, go for it.

If you don't want a repeat, you'll have to avoid the event that created the problem.

mine 09-05-2009 06:03 AM

Did you read my first post? The second account got suspended because my main account was suspended. Now my main account is reinstated. Is there any chance of having the second account reinstated?

bluemoon999 09-05-2009 06:24 AM

There is a chance to get the 2nd one back. Try the same way on the 2nd one and see if you get any luck.

Since the 2nd one was not created using stealth info, probably you were using the same identity, so I would say you have a better chance to win. But it's still up to eBay's staff to decide how they want to handle it. No fixed rule here.

GreenBean 09-05-2009 06:26 AM

Of course vicvelcro did. So did I. This is a nice little trap tha ebay are going to try to spring on you.

In the first post you openly admitted that you made another account in desperation without knowing everything. That account got suspended. vicvelcro and I both recommend that you leave this second account well alone. If it comes under ebay again, a different staffer will get the case. They might look and say 'oh he broke the rules by making this account. Silly boy. I'll fix that. 2nd account to stay suspended AND I will suspend that good old account as well again. What a cheek trying to do this'
Outcome: you lose.
As it stands now, you may be lucky enough to keep using that old account...be careful with it :peace:

bluemoon999 09-05-2009 10:11 AM

My concern is that if he decides to use his old account with a linked suspended id hiding behind, it's not very safe. Normally eBay filters do forward searches, they do backward searches as well sometimes. If he can get that new id reinstated using some kinda way, that could put himself in a better safer position. Pre 11/07 accounts are stronger than newer IDs as long as you manipulate them in a proper way.

mine, time to practice to set up one or more stealth accounts, the sooner the better. you never know what game eBay wants to play with you in the future. :ranger:

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 10:55 AM

Yes. Did you? I mean read it AFTER you posted it? You basically implied your own answer, if you look carefully.

You might not get the same result the second time. It may backfire.

Take what you got. Ditch the other. Be happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mine (Post 102507)
Did you read my first post? The second account got suspended because my main account was suspended. Now my main account is reinstated. Is there any chance of having the second account reinstated?

mine 09-07-2009 05:17 AM

Ok, my main concern is the suspension on the recent account will one day spread to my original account. For the time being a might just leave it alone though. At least let plenty of time pass before trying to reinstate it. Thanks for the advice.

Lyda 09-07-2009 07:23 AM

Yea, and now that you know how to go Stealth, open a few in Stealth mode and let them age, just in case you ever run into suspention with original account.

TigerLord 09-09-2009 02:14 PM

I expect if you opened the new account and got suspended 1 hour after it's of no value whatsoever - ie. no feedback, no nothing on it.

If so, why would you risk your original account again?

Better just forget it and open a new stealth one!