eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Do eBay Check Names?.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/12272-do-ebay-check-names.html)

eddyg 07-24-2009 05:41 AM

Do eBay Check Names?..

Hi every1,
I did something stupid on eBay (shill bidding) and got suspended for 12 months.
I then made new eBay and PayPal accounts using the Stealth Guide and everything was fine until my PayPal account got limited for having too much money going through it and obviously I couldn't confirm my details (they wanted photo ID and proof of address etc)..

However, I still have a genuine + verified PayPal account, no dodgy details or anything..

Can I simply make a new eBay account with a dodgy name and attach it to my genuine PayPal account?.. Then if PayPal limit me I can simply confirm my details since they will be real..

Any risk of losing my genuine PayPal account?.. Don't really care about losing the eBay account..

Thanks alot ay
Ed-D

aspkin 07-24-2009 06:53 AM

You can use that PayPal account if it was never used with another 'suspended' eBay account before.

If it was used with another suspended account, any new eBay account you link it to will inturn become limited the moment you go to sell something.

GreenBean 07-24-2009 06:56 AM

Welcome to the forum.:cheer:
If you had read the guide carefully you should have noticed that the name for paypal & ebay should match. If that 'good' paypal was used with the ebay account suspended for shill bidding, then it can never be used with ebay again. You will need to start again

eddyg 07-24-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 96017)
You will need to start again

thanks for the advice, guys.. Greenbean, what did you mean by the above quote?..

Start again with fresh details for both eBay and PayPal?..

oompaloompa 07-27-2009 02:48 PM

any address/bank/cards linked to a previously banned account must not be used when making neww accounts.

GreenBean 07-27-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyg (Post 96019)
thanks for the advice, guys.. Greenbean, what did you mean by the above quote?..

Start again with fresh details for both eBay and PayPal?..

yep.:thumb:

kris 08-22-2010 09:51 PM

Hello all,

I am very very new to this site, as my eBay account was closed just days ago, with no hope of getting it reinstated. I have purchased the Stealth Guide, and plan to start a new eBay and Paypal account tomorrow. My question is:

Will eBay link accounts together if the same, or similar, name is used (for example Dave instead of David) but all other details (address, bank account number, etc) are different? I want to open a new bank account using my real name, so that I can withdraw the funds without worry. Or... if I open a new bank account with my real name, must this match the name on the Paypal account? I'm a little confused on this.

I'm soooooo glad I found Stealth, and this forum! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jeffweico 08-22-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris (Post 160896)
Hello all,

I am very very new to this site, as my eBay account was closed just days ago, with no hope of getting it reinstated. I have purchased the Stealth Guide, and plan to start a new eBay and Paypal account tomorrow. My question is:

Will eBay link accounts together if the same, or similar, name is used (for example Dave instead of David) but all other details (address, bank account number, etc) are different? I want to open a new bank account using my real name, so that I can withdraw the funds without worry. Or... if I open a new bank account with my real name, must this match the name on the Paypal account? I'm a little confused on this.

I'm soooooo glad I found Stealth, and this forum! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Use your real name and information with the bank. Giving false information to a bank is VERY illegal. The names do not have to match. SOME banks don't like this, but many are OK. Just search the forums, I'm sure you will find some. Chase and Bank of America are good, but I'm not sure what works in Canada.

kris 08-22-2010 10:15 PM

Thanks so much for your quick reply! So, If I create a new bank account with my real name, and add that bank account to a new Paypal account in another name, I should be fine to then transfer money back and forth without worry?

Also, for the new eBay and paypal account, can I use my real name, or a variation of my real name (short form for example, Dave instead of David), or should I use a totally different name? All other info (address, phone number, IP address, etc) would still be different.

Thanks for your help! :)

DogFacedBoy 08-23-2010 12:42 AM

I would switch it up so as to not be a variation of the suspended name.
Paypal wants to know that you have access to the account by verifying the 2 small deposit amounts.
If you stick with the afore-mentioned banks you shouldn't have a problem.
FWIW, I have a Paypal account in one name that is verified through a bank account in my name and I have never had a problem with my bank...Wells Fargo.

kris 08-23-2010 07:37 PM

If you use a completely different name, how would you provide id when they ask for it - cuz im sure they'll ask for it!

EFIL4OREV 08-24-2010 05:38 AM

photo-shop the documents ;)

rsot 08-24-2010 09:34 AM

Yes - creative documentation....

As for banks kris, names don't have to match the account - feel free to PM if you need some Canadian insight - I will respond as I can.

Welcome to the forum