unbelievable - just got charged for a store on a suspended account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-17-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default unbelievable - just got charged for a store on a suspended account.

as some of you may know, from my previous threads. my first and 'legit' eBay account got suspended a while back (over a month now) under their section 9 agreement or whatever it's called, meaning permanently. i can log into the account fine but i can't edit any settings such as address, store settings, etc.

i did still have a $200 credit on the account that eBay gave me for canceling some listings in error. i also paid them about $400 in fees for things that i sold. after they closed the account, i didn't do a chargeback, because i thought fair is fair and i sold those items, so they should also get paid (even though i lost the $200 credit, so i was more than fair).

two days ago, my mom (who's name the account was under), calls me and tells me there is a $49.95 charge on her credit card from eBay, dated friday (3 days ago).

strangely, that is the same amount that the eBay 2nd tier store cost per month that i had on the account. so i wrote eBay, through the old account's email address yesterday, and asked them what the charge was for on the card, since the account was suspended and they had basically blacklisted me from their system for at least a year (according to them, probably for life though). i also told them that because i was suspended, i could not do any changes to the account and it is their responsibility to cancel the services -or- if they decide to charge me anyways, open the account again.

either way, i told them to either open the account again, since they charged me already or refund the transaction immediately.

guess what their response from Trust&Safety was? they wrote me back just about 10 minutes ago saying that i had to log into the account myself and cancel the store, they could not do this for me, even though the account was suspended. they also stated that all fees are permanent and could not be refunded.

so let me get this right ...they charge me for a store that they themselves closed, banned me for a year at least and they expect me to pay for the service for 1 year? until i can log into the account and cancel the store?

that's insane!!!

needless to say, i am now filling out the dispute forms, not only for this latest charge, but for all charges that eBay made to the card for the last 6 months, which is nearly 1k.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2007

:D :D :D :D :D

maybe if they saw it they'd do whatever he asked

I know I wouldn't want to mess with a dude that looks like that
Old 09-17-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i think it was quite late night when i found that picture and chose it as my avatar. he kind of looks like an evil mix of mr. bean and hitler, huh?
Old 09-19-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

well, when I wrote them the word "CHARGEBACK", they responded to my email quite quickly saying that they do actually issue refunds for suspended accounts but only if I provided the information requested to Trust & Safety (copy of ID card, credit card statements, etc).

should I send this to them? or should I better go ahead and issued a chargeback and tell them that they should be able to verify my identity when they receive the chargeback and see my name on it? :D
Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

Yeah it's crazy, but you do have to cancel it yourself. I found this out the hard way, but it wasn't that much of a problem since the funding source was a bit dry if you know what I mean.

It's Mr. Beanie Baby
Old 09-20-2007

i think it looks more like dr. phil after a 2 week crack binge!!

scary!!

what happened to chirs hanson's avatar? it was so perfect!! get rid of the squirrel i want the real cris hanson back!!