eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay's new AI bot is a beast (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/127524-ebays-new-ai-bot-beast.html)

iamlmfao 06-30-2019 11:43 PM

eBay's new AI bot is a beast

eBay's new AI bot is a beast they linked all my accounts from the same first 5 IP pool...and no cookies on the accounts boom toast.

nickopedia 06-30-2019 11:53 PM

Re: eBay's new AI bot is a beast

These bots use an advanced algorithmic machine learning engine. In short, it's looking for patterns- A recurring sequence of data, or other mathematical objects, arranged according to a rule.

In short, this means they can match up to anything closely resembling a pattern. It's not quite as basic as name/address/phone or other like data, but other factors such as EXIF image data, patterns in listings, and the like.

This type of tech is not just being used by eBay, but major banks, credit card processors, and other fraud mitigation programs.

iamlmfao 07-01-2019 11:13 AM

yeah but its ebay, who cares ebay is gaaay why implement this on a gaay website.

james_112233 07-01-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 1015413)
These bots use an advanced algorithmic machine learning engine. In short, it's looking for patterns- A recurring sequence of data, or other mathematical objects, arranged according to a rule.

In short, this means they can match up to anything closely resembling a pattern. It's not quite as basic as name/address/phone or other like data, but other factors such as EXIF image data, patterns in listings, and the like.

This type of tech is not just being used by eBay, but major banks, credit card processors, and other fraud mitigation programs.

Very interesting. I had no idea.

That explains why they simply refuse to budge on their decision to re-instate 99.9% of the time when you get in touch with CS.

If their system catches you out, it's nothing personal, that's it.

SaiJin 07-01-2019 11:37 AM

What's this new AI called and you sure it's all just from IP?

yankee 07-01-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1015533)
yeah but its ebay, who cares ebay is gaaay why implement this on a gaay website.

I guess everyone but you. I mean, for me, I make a few hundred grand on ebay, so I care very much.

james_112233 07-01-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1015544)
I guess everyone but you. I mean, for me, I make a few hundred grand on ebay, so I care very much.

+1

Far too many undeveloped childlike imbeciles on this forum.

nickopedia 07-01-2019 11:58 AM

But, on the other hand don't think that eBay's "AI Tech" is unbeatable. It can be outsmarted with PROPER stealth.

After all, this forum wouldn't exist without the ability to create un-linkable stealth accounts. It's done every day. Just follow the Stealth Guide or use common sense and you can get one over on this eBay monster. ;)

yankee 07-01-2019 12:04 PM

Is the new "myth" of cell ip pools being a problem, a problem at all Nick?

slokor 07-01-2019 01:02 PM

I agree with all of the above.
Exercising proper stealth is the only way to go about it.
You have a bunch of noob whiny cry babies (and some not so noobish such as iamlmfao)who are refuse to do things the right way then complain about failing.
Even if ebay has boosted their security it has no impact on someone who does thing right.

agent006140 07-02-2019 12:26 PM

Have they come up with new software to ban retail arbitrage?

Stealth eBay 07-07-2019 01:48 PM

So you guys are saying that my account which got suspended 3 days ago which of course eBay did not tell me why but i thought it was Vero items is maybe because of the new AI Bot or robot idk!

and btw is it possible to get my suspended account back to work if they keep telling me that is their final decision ?

Thanks

nickopedia 07-07-2019 01:58 PM

This is one reason why eBay and PayPal are often vague about the reasons your account(s) were linked/suspended. They wouldn't want you to know otherwise you would easily circumvent it next time.

It's not always some "AI Bot" that does it, but just bad stealth.

slokor 07-08-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth eBay (Post 1016929)
So you guys are saying that my account which got suspended 3 days ago which of course eBay did not tell me why but i thought it was Vero items is maybe because of the new AI Bot or robot idk!

and btw is it possible to get my suspended account back to work if they keep telling me that is their final decision ?

Thanks

How old was this account that you lost?
If it was a new one then are you realy surprised you lost it? That would have nothing to do with any new AI bot or anything of the sort.
I myself don't buy this new AI nonsense. Do things properly and youll be fine. Do them poorly and youll get suspended. Its not rocket science.

iamlmfao 07-09-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1017022)
If it was a new one then are you realy surprised you lost it? That would have nothing to do with any new AI bot or anything of the sort.
I myself don't buy this new AI nonsense. Do things properly and youll be fine. Do them poorly and youll get suspended. Its not rocket science.

Oh yeah check this link out?

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news...ustomer-input/

ebaystealth1974 07-09-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1015846)
Have they come up with new software to ban retail arbitrage?

Goddammmnnnnn!! You are just HELL BENT on making sure you don't receive a package from Amazon for your eBay purchase, aren't you? :lol:

If you put just a fraction of your time spent "worrying where your orders are coming from", into making money, you'd be a billionaire by now. :boink:

agent006140 07-10-2019 07:18 AM

I am already a billionaire,next question !!!!!!!!!

drphilofebay 07-14-2019 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1015542)
What's this new AI called and you sure it's all just from IP?

It's not new at all, they've been using it for a while, PayPal uses AI aswell to detect fraud and suspicious activity, this is what most people don't understand.

drphilofebay 07-14-2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1017022)

It's not new..

drphilofebay 07-14-2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1015569)
I agree with all of the above.
Exercising proper stealth is the only way to go about it.
You have a bunch of noob whiny cry babies (and some not so noobish such as iamlmfao)who are refuse to do things the right way then complain about failing.
Even if ebay has boosted their security it has no impact on someone who does thing right.

I definitely agree, you make mistakes, you learn, its that simple.

ninjastyle10 07-20-2019 06:40 PM

The new age of AI.

Sometimes I wish I would have been born 10 years earlier so I could have gotten a head start on Ebay.

What a time to be alive.

iamlmfao 07-20-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 (Post 1020445)
The new age of AI.

Sometimes I wish I would have been born 10 years earlier so I could have gotten a head start on Ebay.

What a time to be alive.

I wish I was never born so I wouldn't have to even deal with this garbage.:violin: