eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Calling eBay and be asked personal Information in detail (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/128701-calling-ebay-asked-personal-information-detail.html)

nickharry1509 08-09-2019 07:56 PM

Calling eBay and be asked personal Information in detail

Hi, My US eBay stealth account was suspended after I list a product to sell! Then I call eBay to reinstate my account, unfortunately, eBay rep asked me a list really detailed personal information of the real person I used to create this account, questions like who you know in those people, what SSN, what vehicle did you own,... Yep, and I failed to answer those question, my eBay was indefinitely suspended.
I'm not in the US So I'm curious, :typing:
+Why we are asked those question?
+All stealth account will be asked like that?
+If It's inevitable, where do we find that information?
+ Anyone in the same case before and how did you address it?

I'm new in the forum, thank you so much for your answer!:peace:

rsot 08-09-2019 08:18 PM

Re: Calling eBay and be asked personal Information in detail

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Many posts for you to read about these topics - what kind of product did you try to sell right away?

nickharry1509 08-09-2019 08:45 PM

I tried to list leather wallet!
Do you use real name come with a real address to create stealth account or just use a real address with a random name so they can't check it? :hail:

nickharry1509 08-11-2019 07:10 AM

Anyone can help?

rsot 08-11-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickharry1509 (Post 1025368)
I tried to list leather wallet!
Do you use real name come with a real address to create stealth account or just use a real address with a random name so they can't check it? :hail:

random name, real address

nickharry1509 08-11-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1025786)
for everyone. THE SSN QUESTION IS A ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DECOY QUESTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THIS INFORMATION SO SAY NONE OF THEM.

Hi, Thank you so much for your help! I have truthfinder account but actually not enough, some questions really tough. Did you ever pass the test? and is every account will be asked? I'm not a native speaker so sometimes feel hard to catch up what they said on the phone, should I send them an emaiL?

nickharry1509 08-11-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1025797)
random name, real address

Yep, I think that route, but what If they can't find that real person, Will they also suspend accounts?:canada:

nickopedia 08-12-2019 11:26 PM

As indicated above, there are decoy questions and answers eBay (or PayPal) can't possibly know. They simply add them to create the impression they do.

The decoy questions are typically multiple choice and the CORRECT answer could be ANY of the answers OR "None of the above" OR "Does not apply".

A typical decoy question you might see would be regarding your eye color, height, hair color, or other physical characteristics on your drivers license. The answer to those questions would be ANY choice would be correct, or "does not apply".

This data cannot be accessed by third parties due to the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) which was enacted to protect the personal information assembled by your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles.