RIP eBay 2019 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-29-2019

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 30%
Default Re: RIP eBay 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
Well its been a fun ride guys. eBay clearly is letting there AI bots sabotage them from the inside out. And there little filipino reps think they are FBI agents. Asking how the "weather" is in the town you created your account. Asking why the IP isnt matching the EXACT town your in (little do they know half of all IP providers rarely ever match the exact town)

Getting suspended twice FOR NO REASON (didnt even do anything after the reinstatement) And yes I USED ALL REAL INFO. no gvoice crap or proxy crap. I even answered public record questions. So yeah rip i guess.

Why all of a sudden has it become almost impossible to make an ebay account? Were they really getting that much abused? Maybe to many sellers to buyer ratio?

I can't see eBay surviving this much longer if they keep this up. Other platforms are not near as bad as this.

But every great has its down fall.

Good luck stealthiers. Your gonna need it. aiight imma head out. Peace.

🚨
The filipino's rep team
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
dont assume what i do bro. plz. one negative feedback can ruin a whole buisness. ebay buyers take advantage this and use it against you to scam etc. Sometimes i cant prevent a bad feedback if say the carrier breaks the item etc. or if the carrier loses the item etc.
I have hundreds of negative feedback. My accounts are fine
Old 11-01-2019

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but stealthers don't make up a lot of eBay's profits. They wouldn't miss all of us combined!
I've been saying and thinking this for a long time eBay and PayPal don't rely or need stealth accounts by any means. I'm sure stealth accounts are not even 5% of the total market.

Truth be told every stealth account created does more harm than good in the long run.

They've had all they want of stealth accounts now and have stepped there game way up and it's only going to get worse and worse...I wouldn't doubt if these forums have a big fall out. I've seen so many postings of people having so many problems.
Old 11-01-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Well we certainly have the biggest online presence and we are the go to place for stealth.

I disagree when you just say every stealth account created does more harm in the long run. It really depends on how they are used.

I want to believe that most people just want to make a living and do it the right way the best they can. That being said, there'll always be that 1 bad apple that is bad for business.

So let's keep a positive outlook shall we?
Old 11-02-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
I've been saying and thinking this for a long time eBay and PayPal don't rely or need stealth accounts by any means. I'm sure stealth accounts are not even 5% of the total market.
I'm sure we're a fraction of one percent. I ran across a seller the other day that had 65,000 feedback in the last month. Given a 30% feedback ratio, that's over 200,00 sales in ONE MONTH. I bet all stealthers combined don't add up to that one seller.
Old 11-02-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I bet all stealthers combined don't add up to that one seller.
That's not a great bet to bank on hah - lot of wise ppl here as well...
Old 11-04-2019

Longevity: 26%

it happens for some of my accounts
i verify public record and everything 2-3days later the 2nd susp happen and there is no way to fix it.
Old 11-06-2019

Longevity: 34%

eBay is cracking down. I can see it both in accounts being suspended and listings being removed by eBay.
Old 11-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
eBay is cracking down. I can see it both in accounts being suspended and listings being removed by eBay.

On what specifically?
Old 11-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That's not a great bet to bank on hah - lot of wise ppl here as well...
4 or 5
Old 11-09-2019

Longevity: 39%

Dang, 2 out of 4 of my new accounts got suspended and I called and bitched the supervisor out for like 20 minutes.
I told him I worked same job as him and he could easily hit the button that approves me lol. His answer was he's choosing the safety of eBay community lmao. I sell over 10k in items on each account and only have like 1 negative on my 8 accounts
And ship within in 1 business day, I'm the eBay prime of shipping speed.
Safety of the community is definitely the goal at their morning office pep up meetings

Now my goal is to find out what system this public record search uses.
I'm thinking about using peoples identities who buy from me since I know for sure they are legit lol

Last edited by 0nelove; 11-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nelove For This Useful Post:
stealthbro (12-02-2019)
Old 11-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
This is the way to go. If you keep at it, you'd eventually find what you're looking for.

Quote:
I'm thinking about using peoples identities who buy from me since I know for sure they are legit lol
Old 11-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
For further analysis, more details on account setup and operation are needed
Old 11-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Dang, 2 out of 4 of my new accounts got suspended and I called and bitched the supervisor out for like 20 minutes.
I told him I worked same job as him and he could easily hit the button that approves me lol. His answer was he's choosing the safety of eBay community lmao. I sell over 10k in items on each account and only have like 1 negative on my 8 accounts
And ship within in 1 business day, I'm the eBay prime of shipping speed.
Safety of the community is definitely the goal at their morning office pep up meetings

- They use lexisnexis but you can't get access to their database unless you're a corporation with a legitimate need. Stealing identities from your customers to make accounts is a terrible idea since every one of those buyers already for sure has an eBay account.
- Taking a full business day to ship is slow in 2019, even by eBay's standards.
- Why would the safety of their community not be a priority? If it wasn't safe nobody would shop there.

Frankly you make it sound like you were doing some pretty scummy stuff to lose your accounts, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (12-01-2019), WEI (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019

Thanks for the info on lexisnexis, I'll be looking into that.

I was just annoyed cause I had already shipped something before it got suspended.
I don't know what scummy stuff you have in mind

But what I do is sell and deliver on eBay
Anyone with a stealth account is already somewhat dishonest, I guess their is a more honest liar and that makes that liar a better person.

All in all, I'm not going to use an identity of buyers, however it'd most likely work
I was just annoyed and think I've found my problem was impatience
I only need like 3 or 4 more accounts

My current selling accounts are good. No problems lol

Last edited by 0nelove; 11-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2019

Longevity: 47%

eBay has become a nightmare when creating new accounts. I have tried to create a number accounts in the past weeks, but they get suspended instantly. I don't know if eBay will continue to survive in the future.

1. We either need to find an alternative platform.
2. We need to find what's suspending all the new accounts being created.
Old 11-11-2019

Quote:
Anyone with a stealth account is already somewhat dishonest, I guess their is a more honest liar and that makes that liar a better person.
Negative. There are different kinds of stealth accounts. Not everyone runs their operation like you.
Old 11-11-2019

Quote:
Negative. There are different kinds of stealth accounts. Not everyone runs their operation like you.
Your real name is on your "stealth" account?
Old 11-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPatrick View Post
eBay has become a nightmare when creating new accounts. I have tried to create a number accounts in the past weeks, but they get suspended instantly. I don't know if eBay will continue to survive in the future.

1. We either need to find an alternative platform.
2. We need to find what's suspending all the new accounts being created.
I kinda think registering the account a week before selling, logging in daily and browsing or bidding is the key. Also list a auction item in a safe category.

The down side to it is you can't know right away what selling limits you'll get and/or if your going to be suspended.

I still don't think identity matters if you get around all the computer based suspensions
Old 11-12-2019

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Trust me, ebay will survive without stealthers. No need to find an alternative platform.

The reason why accounts get suspended is they are poorly created.

I'm in the UK and could, if I wanted, create a dozen accounts a day and I guarantee not one would be suspended when I list an item.
They told you USA accs are another thing. EU accs UK included are far away easily to set up and run...
Old 11-15-2019

Longevity: 25%

I'll address some of these concerns, as well as the one on other threads, since I have a bit of eBay experience in general, and with stealth accounts later, since 2004.

In my opinion, eBay isn't any harder to use now than it always has been. However, eBay has always been hard to use for the most part. eBay has created a unique situation where it became the only popular auction site but also amassed a large security apparatus.

First, no one should be calling the customer service phone number. The people you end up connecting to are not interested in helping you and may make it worse. If you need to contact eBay at all, use Twitter or Facebook. I've had problems solved through those venues, and you also get their responses in writing. I have personally never received any actual help over the phone. Also, I've created a list of eBay email address, all which come from either their website or emails. I've used this method to fix certain problems when I could not get help any other way. (In general you should limit contact with eBay. They are known to retaliate against contacting customer service too often or for reason they don't like).

Second, new seller accounts can't be used to list items right away. You need to build up a couple of weeks or more of other non-selling activity. For example, this would include buying or bidding on items, searching for items in a realistic manner, updating account information, reading messages, responding to random surveys etc. It's been like this for a long time. If you try to list an item immediately, it will allow it, but you will be banned within about 30 to 40 minutes by an automated system.

eBay's security system is essentially the same as it always has been just with some changes. Their security setup is probably wildly expensive at this point. I'm also guessing that it affects quite a lot of people other than just 'stealth' accounts. If eBay uses Lexisnexis, there are ways to counter this. 1.) You can sign up for a free trial of Lexis Advance. Just search on Google; with a bit of social engineering, you should be able to get a trial. Then you could can search the database with the identity you have. 2.) You can suppress the information on Lexisnexis for the identity you've created. Search on Google for lexisnexis information suppression, and it will give you a form to mail in. For the reason for the request, only certain ones are permitted, such as threat of physical harm or identity theft (select one of those). Once the info is suppressed, it can't be accessed by eBay anymore. What you have to realize is that eBay doesn't follow it's own rules, so you need to changes expectations based upon that.

If eBay is having issues with valuation or profit, I think they only have themselves to blame. All third-party platforms have certain opaque policies and procedures, but eBay's policies probably impede their growth significantly. eBay customer service is known to be notoriously bad, but why? Well, there is some evidence that poor customer service leads to higher profits, including a journal article in Harvard Business Review. But in this case, I think a normally accessible customer support would be impossible for eBay to manage due to problem caused by their own policies. Their best bet is to delay answering the questions dealing with these policies as long as possible, preferably not addressing them at all. One thing I've always noticed is that their inflexibility on suspended accounts often results in eBay never receiving the fees owed on that account. I'm sure they have lost a fortune that way. Only a fundamental restructure in policy would probably solve eBay's problems long term.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cashmoney9999 For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (11-15-2019), phaz0rz (11-15-2019), Redman (11-21-2019), rsot (11-18-2019), Snugglytiger (02-05-2020)
Old 11-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth