How does ebay know that you are suspended on paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default How does ebay know that you are suspended on paypal?

Hi,

I had recently an ebay account suspended. Paypal followed recently but due to a diffrent reason (at least thats what they say).

Knowing this could happen I connected all my other ebay accounts to a diffrent paypal address. But now I have a return request where the sale is connected to my old paypal which was permenently banned. I already accepted the request before my paypal was banned so I have to refund.

My question do you believe ebay will close this account too as they will realize it was connected to same paypal as my closed account if I follow up on returning of money?

What else can I do? Not return the money and hope ebay will seek reimbursement through new paypal email address?

Appreciate your help so my way of a slow death can be prolonged hopefully

BR, Maja
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2019

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: How does ebay know that you are suspended on paypal?

Sounds like spaghetti junction of pp and ebay account.
Sorry I don't know the answer except that mix and match isnt a good idea long term...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rafoman For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (11-27-2019), Maja313 (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

if you have approved a return and return tracking shows delivered,Ebay gives you 3 days to refund,if you do not,Ebay will do it for you.
if it cannot access your suspended Paypal account,then it will just debit your Ebay seller account.

paypal email address is not the same as Paypal account.
each paypal account can have 6 email addresses

ebay does not suspend your Ebay account just because your Paypal account is suspended,but if one Ebay account is suspended,it could bring down the other Ebay accounts.

if her Paypal account is suspended for reason which has nothing to do with her Ebay activities,Ebay will not suspend her Ebay account but she would not have a way to receive payment on Ebay unless she signed up with Ebay Managed Payment or open another paypal account.

when an Ebay buyer go to My EBAY and opt to return an item,EBay will immediately withhold that payment from your Paypal account.
ifyou go to that Paypal account,you will see that payment but it will say withheld.
So when the buyer returns the item with tracking showing it has been delivered,you can try refunding from Ebay or if you do nothing,in 3 days Ebay bot will refund.
You said the Paypal account has been suspended,but I think either you or Ebay can still access that account to refund the payment,try it and see or just call Ebay.

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-22-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Wow agent 006140, you have changed my mood just now after feeling sick and worried all day. I consider myself lucky so far and hope to follow through with the winter sale until my accounts get linked or they maybe are already linked and not manually reviewed yet.

In that case I can just return the money and hope ebay wont understand that I am returning the money from an suspended paypal account.

Agent 006140 does ebay still suspend accounts due to suspended paypal accounts? Or is this only happening sometimes? What is your knowledge here?
Old 11-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you so much :-). I really have to say the stealth guide and the supporting forum are really worth my money. I am so glad you girls and guys are here to help. Thanks for taking the time to reply
The Following User Says Thank You to Maja313 For This Useful Post:
chicagoIL (12-14-2019)
Old 12-01-2019

Longevity: 31%

Yes, ebay will close your account. it can be tomorrow, in one month or in 1 year.

The account is linked to a suspended account since you used the same paypal. It does not matter how you react on the case, the link wont go away
Old 12-10-2019

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if her Paypal account is suspended for reason which has nothing to do with her Ebay activities,Ebay will not suspend her Ebay account but she would not have a way to receive payment on Ebay unless she signed up with Ebay Managed Payment or open another paypal account.
Yes i can attest. i got my ebay account back but paypal was supsended due to other reasons non related to ebay.
Old 12-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Yes i can attest. i got my ebay account back but paypal was supsended due to other reasons non related to ebay.
When was that? Was it when ebay owned paypal?