eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay Suspension - Is it safe to use a friend's account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1318-ebay-suspension-safe-use-friends-account.html)

accytrader 09-21-2007 02:59 PM

eBay Suspension - Is it safe to use a friend's account?

Hello. I was recently suspended from eBay and was told it would be for at least 12 months. I am hoping to start selling again before then.

A friend has told me that I can use his eBay and PayPal account. Is this safe to use? I have bought a brand new laptop so that there are no references to my old eBay or PayPal account, and I can change my IP address whenever I wish.

I am wondering whether I can use his account from my house with a new IP address and my new laptop and be safe? I understand that I will not be able to log into his account and my suspended account with the same IP address otherwise eBay can link it. Thank you. :)

imjustme 09-21-2007 03:01 PM

i would recommend you to get a new account in a totally different imaginary name. not worth risking to have your friend banned from ebay for life as well.

accytrader 09-21-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 11423)
i would recommend you to get a new account in a totally different imaginary name. not worth risking to have your friend banned from ebay for life as well.

How do I go about getting a PayPal account with an imaginary name and address? :confused:

aspkin 09-21-2007 03:09 PM

It's just like creating a new eBay account.

For the most part.

But yes, you're risking your friend's account by using it. What was the reason you were suspended in the first place?

accytrader 09-21-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 11427)
It's just like creating a new eBay account.

For the most part.

But yes, you're risking your friend's account by using it. What was the reason you were suspended in the first place?

I was suspended for selling Lacoste shirts. Is there a risk if the IP address is different? Is there a guide to making a new PayPal account? Has anybody used the eBay Replay guide?

DogFacedBoy 09-21-2007 03:38 PM

I would just read everything on the site hear and start new accounts both EB and PP. Maybe your friend will list a few items for you, provided they are banned, while you get set up.
But for you to access your friend's account and use it could be dooming his by linking to you old one through IP cookies, etc.

stealthdog 10-03-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accytrader (Post 11437)
I was suspended for selling Lacoste shirts. Is there a risk if the IP address is different? Is there a guide to making a new PayPal account? Has anybody used the eBay Replay guide?

Maybe you already know that I am a fully satisfied customer of eBay Replay. I bought the book a while back and successfully got back on to ebay. The book is constantly being update (it was just updated again on Oct. 3). I have written alot of my comments here at aspkin. Just do a search on the word REPLAY. Bottom Line...it worked for me like a dream and would recommend it whole heartedly.:D

octagon69 10-03-2007 12:27 PM

Don't get your friend suspended dude. The best thing to do is follow the guide and not start up a new PP account. Start a merchant account. IF what your selling is not legit your friend will be suspended instead of you. Don't risk your friendship over that kind of stuff.

imjustme 10-03-2007 12:28 PM

You would recommend eBay replay? No way ;) Do you sleep with that sucker under your pillow too? :D

Chris Hanson 10-03-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthdog (Post 12497)
Maybe you already know that I am a fully satisfied customer of eBay Replay. I bought the book a while back and successfully got back on to ebay. The book is constantly being update (it was just updated again on Oct. 3). I have written alot of my comments here at aspkin. Just do a search on the word REPLAY. Bottom Line...it worked for me like a dream and would recommend it whole heartedly.:D

Please Ban this dude!

powerbid 10-03-2007 02:04 PM

Lolz True Chris

Chris Hanson 10-08-2007 11:12 PM

Just to let you know there is a torrent out on this book. I wont post it here but if you do a search for it you can find it

sveta 02-21-2008 07:20 PM

i got suspended account will try this 7 steps to open a new one.
MY quastion is should i send them my id foto and info them asking?
thank you