eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Hotspots (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/132062-hotspots.html)

Mantis 12-14-2019 04:34 AM

Hotspots

in the past i have used a mobile phone hotspot/dongle to connect to ebay, would it still be safe to go stealth with the same device (not network) or would you recommend a new device/dongle? because my connection would be 3/4g?
thank you

RipeBanana 12-14-2019 06:52 AM

Re: Hotspots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055174)
in the past i have used a mobile phone hotspot/dongle to connect to ebay, would it still be safe to go stealth with the same device (not network) or would you recommend a new device/dongle? because my connection would be 3/4g?
thank you

I bought my device and am waiting for my sim, how long were you able to use your previous set up? and which network are you going for? and your data plan?

Mantis 12-14-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RipeBanana (Post 1055187)
I bought my device and am waiting for my sim, how long were you able to use your previous set up? and which network are you going for? and your data plan?

i used on and off 3 phones for hotspots various times on ebay over 8 years with no probs, even up until the ban 2 months ago, different sims also on the same accounts, today i was looking at data plans, the 2 best i have found are three and voda (if your in the UK) this will also act as your new phone number when creating your ebay/paypal accounts.

Mantis 12-14-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1055177)
Same device is just fine.

so ebay bots dont read the IMEI numbers?

Mantis 12-14-2019 07:16 AM

BTW @ripebanana what device did you order? pm if you dont want it public.

yankee 12-14-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055192)
so ebay bots dont read the IMEI numbers?

How would they get the device from using the Hotspot?

If you are referring to the APP, you cant use the same device for more than one account and it is always recommended to not use the app at all and forget it exists.

rsot 12-14-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055174)
thank you

Agree with tinsoldier :)

Mantis 12-14-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1055204)
How would they get the device from using the Hotspot?

If you are referring to the APP, you cant use the same device for more than one account and it is always recommended to not use the app at all and forget it exists.

ok, lets try this, i am using a mifi device (EE Mine gen2)

google.com/search?q=ee+mini+2&oq=ee+mini&aqs=chrome.4.0j69i57 j0l6.5413j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

in its managent page it has a dedicated IMEI number the same as a mobile phone would have an IMEI number, so my question was, can can ebay identify the device i am using a sim card from? remembering that i was banned from bay using this device?

also my most important Q, i just read in the ip address forum someone saying that, "im using a 4G IP rotating proxy service." can someone please explain this, and is it possible to change the ip address of your 3g/4g sim card?
thank you

yankee 12-14-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055227)
ok, lets try this, i am using a mifi device (EE Mine gen2)

google.com/search?q=ee+mini+2&oq=ee+mini&aqs=chrome.4.0j69i57 j0l6.5413j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

in its managent page it has a dedicated IMEI number the same as a mobile phone would have an IMEI number, so my question was, can can ebay identify the device i am using a sim card from? remembering that i was banned from bay using this device?

also my most important Q, i just read in the ip address forum someone saying that, "im using a 4G IP rotating proxy service." can someone please explain this, and is it possible to change the ip address of your 3g/4g sim card?
thank you

So, same question. How would anyone get the IMEI number from your mobile device?

To change your ip, airplane mode and back or restart the device. These ate celluar IPs. You are sharing the IP with all other people using the same service. The device receiving the mobile signal and sending out a Bluetooth IP is irrelevant. It is impossible to know the IMEI number from the device unless you are using an app on the device and giving access to it by simply downloading it.

Mantis 12-14-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1055228)
So, same question. How would anyone get the IMEI number from your mobile device?

phone your supplier, they will know the IMEI number of the phone you are calling from, tell them your phone has been stolen and that you want to make an insurance claim, they will tell you that you are using the same phone with the same IMEI number, that is how someone would get your IMEI number.

so the question was.... would bay have the same identification software... turrraaa lol

yankee 12-14-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055231)
phone your supplier, they will know the IMEI number of the phone you are calling from, tell them your phone has been stolen and that you want to make an insurance claim, they will tell you that you are using the same phone with the same IMEI number, that is how someone would get your IMEI number.

so the question was.... would bay have the same identification software... turrraaa lol

Where do you buy your Tin Foil Hats?

How would ebay/paypal/ebay/law enforcement, etc your devices phone number from the IP? So everyone using Three or Voda has the same phone number seeing as the have the same IPs?

:peace:

Mantis 12-14-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1055251)
Where do you buy your Tin Foil Hats?

How would ebay/paypal/ebay/law enforcement, etc your devices phone number from the IP? So everyone using Three or Voda has the same phone number seeing as the have the same IPs?

:peace:

mmmmm?? we are not talking phone numbers! we are talking identifying device's , do you know what an IMEI number is? well it's, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a unique identification or serial number that all mobile phones and smartphones have, so back to the question, does ebay have similar software? has anyone used the same mifi/smartphone from a banned account and got banned again because the IMEI matched the same IMEI from a suspended account. :cheer:

yankee 12-14-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055255)
mmmmm?? we are not talking phone numbers! we are talking identifying device's , do you know what an IMEI number is? well it's, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a unique identification or serial number that all mobile phones and smartphones have, so back to the question, does ebay have similar software? has anyone used the same mifi/smartphone from a banned account and got banned again because the IMEI matched the same IMEI from a suspended account. :cheer:

You really have no idea how IPs work. Good grief, educate yourself.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get your devices details from an IP.

What you are saying makes no sense. You clearly do not know what you are talking about man. :humble:

Mantis 12-15-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1055314)
You really have no idea how IPs work. Good grief, educate yourself.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get your devices details from an IP.

What you are saying makes no sense. You clearly do not know what you are talking about man. :humble:

and you live in the states where spying is an everyday occurance!!! you really have no understanding of the question i am asking, and as a reference i worked in the telecoms for 3 years, your an exec on this forum? personally i think you should be stripped down to junior, remind me not to take any advice from you, once again we are not talking IP ADDRESS'S! we are talking accessing their website!
maybe i should PM Edward Snowden!
thank you

rsot 12-15-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055347)
and you live in the states where spying is an everyday occurance!!! you really have no understanding of the question i am asking, and as a reference i worked in the telecoms for 3 years, your an exec on this forum? personally i think you should be stripped down to junior, remind me not to take any advice from you, once again we are not talking IP ADDRESS'S! we are talking accessing their website!
thank you

Easy Mantis :) seems like you have enough info to make an informed decision of your own.

Mantis 12-15-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1055350)
Easy Mantis :) seems like you have enough info to make an informed decision of your own.

Thx rsot, just wanted to be 100% certain, not dragged into an argument, i did not start the flaming.
thank you

yankee 12-15-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis (Post 1055347)
thank you

Oh, I get it. You really have no idea how cellular IPs work because if you did, you would have an understanding of how it is absolutely impossible to get your device details from an IP. Hell, you cant even get a remotely accurate location from a cellar IP.

My Hotspot IPs show me 2000 miles away most of the time. How would they get the details on my device when I pull an IP from a cell tower literally on the other side of the country?

So you are all hot and heavy insinuating we are all dumb but in all reality, you simply have no idea how a cellular IP works.

If you worked in a communications company, it certainly was not in networking :lol::lol::lol:
;)

Mantis 12-15-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1055378)
Oh, I get it. You really have no idea how cellular IPs work because if you did, you would have an understanding of how it is absolutely impossible to get your device details from an IP. Hell, you cant even get a remotely accurate location from a cellar IP.

My Hotspot IPs show me 2000 miles away most of the time. How would they get the details on my device when I pull an IP from a cell tower literally on the other side of the country?

So you are all hot and heavy insinuating we are all dumb but in all reality, you simply have no idea how a cellular IP works.

If you worked in a communications company, it certainly was not in networking :lol::lol::lol:
;)

yea your right :) if albert einstein explained the theory of relativity to a group of monkeys for 100 years, after 100 years they would still be monkeys.