eBay and Paypal Suspended!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default eBay and Paypal Suspended!!!

I have had this eBay and Paypal acccount since 2006. The past 5-6 months I have been using them more often, selling items and such. I had one buyer dispute because his item arrived damaged from the mail and I refunded him the minute the dispute was filed. The funds came out of my bank account on Sept 8th but it still does not show cleared in Paypal.

Other than that my account has been perfectly fine until last night!!! I get a whack of emails saying that my eBay bids have been cancelled my account is suspended and my Paypal is limited. So I call to find out what's going on and the rep tells me it's just a precaution to prevent fraud and that as soon as my last sale is delivered my account will be fine. (It should be delivered today) But when I go into the resolution center it says that they linked my account to my ex boyfriend!!!! I haven't been with this guy for over a year!!! I don't even understand how they can freeze my $2,500 USD because of my ex-boyfriends account!!!

Oh and to top it all off eBay sent my customer and everyone else who ever talked to me probably saying that my account was hijacked and that he was probably scammed and they are doing everything in their power to restore the account to its rightful owner!!! So he freaked out and opened another dispute against me! Awesome!!! He hasn't even got the item yet. It was bought on Tuesday mailed on Wednesday and should be delivered today.

I responded to the claim stating that he hasn't even received the item so how can it be not as described??? I also spoke with a rep who forwarded the information that I am not with my ex to appeals.

Is there anything else I can do? I am so mad because I needed that money and now I have a feeling that it will be weeks until I see it if at all!!!

Is there anything else I can do??? It is so frustrating calling these idiots at Paypal and they tell you basically there is nothing I can do.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the first reason they gave was hopeful, if a little strange, they wouldnt normally take your listings down for just a delivery issue that was on paypal, the second about the ex or the scam is more likely to be why theyve been heavy-handed...

You can only give them the info they want, shocking I know, wait and call them, thats all...
Old 09-11-2009
Threadstarter  

i didnt have any listings up..it was stuff i was bidding on they cancelled...and they arent even asking me for anything...all it says is that the accts were linked and when i called they just asked if i knew him..i said yes it was my ex so they sent that to appeals??? they didnt limit bc of the damaged item, they suspended bc they linked the accts then ebay sends out this email to my buyer saying that my acct was highjacked so he freaked out and opened a dispute...

Last edited by haileyk; 09-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2009
Threadstarter  

So I am on the phone with Paypal and apparently last year my ex's eBay account had my Paypal address to accept payment. So they linked the accounts A YEAR LATER????
Anyways the rep said that they won't hold me accountable for my exes account but these 2 disputes need to be closed. So hopefully that refund will show it cleared soon and my guy should get his watch today!

fingers crossed guys X
Old 09-11-2009

Longevity: 90%

keep us posted
Old 09-12-2009
Threadstarter  

dude got his watch today and closed dispute #2...the first one still hasnt closed because ppal takes forever to show the payment cleared my bank acct...it still says that i need to resolve the link with xxxxbry@hotmail.com so i am guessing that rep just told me what i wanted to hear so id get off the phone...guess im calling them again today...

Last edited by haileyk; 09-12-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2009
Threadstarter  

o btw ive tried contacting eBay about appealing their decision to suspend my acct and i havent heard anything back...do u think that once my paypal is ok ebay will follow or i have to deal with them separately???
Old 09-12-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

You should wait until your paypal is back to normal before you contact ebay. Usually ebay will just want to see your paypal in good condition, after your paypal is unlimited then email ebay and they should lift it.
Old 09-12-2009
Threadstarter  

thank you...i have hope now
Old 09-13-2009
Threadstarter  

update:
still waiting for dispute #1 to show funds cleared and close.

as for the linked acct...i have talked to 2 reps and 1 superviser who all said that I'm not going to be held accountable for my ex's acct it'll just take a while to update online...

so hopefully we're looking at getting back up end of next week latest...

XXX
Old 09-14-2009
Threadstarter  

so i talked to ebays live support....live waste of time is what it is..i only had 4 ppl in front of me in the queue and it took about 25 minutes as opposed to the 8 minutes it estimated to talk to someone who told me to wait for ebay trust and safety to contact me within 72 hours of my last email....btw ive emailed them about 4 times now over the last 4-5 days and i have heard NOTHING back!! things seem to happen with these ppl when they want it to...hopefully once my paypal is not limited anymore ebay will get their act together and actually do something...

so im waiting for my refund to clear (taking forever!!) and for the system to update unlinking me with my exs acct...then ill take on the evil one they call eBay!

so aggravating considering ive done nothing wrong :S
Old 09-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

paypal stinx and smellz...
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

WOHOOOOOO!!! The refund finally cleared on Paypal so I called in and both my Paypal and eBay are good to go!!! and before expected...what a relief!!!
Old 09-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

spiffing!!