eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Just had my first ever VERO takedown ever (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/134629-just-had-my-first-ever-vero-takedown-ever.html)

james_112233 03-27-2020 01:53 AM

Just had my first ever VERO takedown ever

How many strikes can a account take before it effects the search-ability of the listings on the account ? and before suspension ?

It was a genuine used Panasonic electronic item but the Panasonic logo was colored in with a felt tip marker to give it a stealth black look.

Panasonic didn't like this and probably assumed it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ electrical item. I have subsequently wiped the felt tip coloring away with some rubbing alcohol and re-listed and contacted Panasonic. They are not responding. Ebay are confused as well and agree it's a pathetic reason for a strike.

StealthLannister 03-27-2020 01:55 AM

Re: Just had my first ever VERO takedown ever

For my own experience, it was 3 strikes before they finally suspended the account

just_smile 03-27-2020 02:59 AM

I wouldn't relist the item, that's asking for trouble.

quizmaniac 03-27-2020 05:04 AM

In my experience it varies how many strikes are allowed and if you let the account cool down before listing again you can have quite a few if the account is aged.

I wouldnt have relisted it or certainly waited a good while but as you already have all you can do is wait and see but i understand your concern.
Do you not have a different stealth to sell it with using new pictures description etc of coarse.

rsot 03-27-2020 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 1080364)
I wouldn't relist the item, that's asking for trouble.

Agree with just_smile - likely best to take it to a different account if OP want to keep selling this item

james_112233 03-27-2020 07:28 AM

This isn't a VERO item. They have made a mistake. It's a well known electronic but the logo was just colored in and Panasonic obviously didn't like that. I have already sold many of these items over the years with no issues what so ever from Panasonic. The only thing different about it this time was their logo was colored in black to give the whole item a stealth black look. The guy I purchased it from to re-sell also applied carbon fiber decals to the device.

If Panasonic don't contact ebay to LIFT that vero complaint against me, I have a black mark on my account for no reason at all. Ebay agrees that it is a silly complaint but they can't lift it unless Panasonic contacts them.

afincho 03-27-2020 10:09 AM

Congrats. Welcome to the VERO club :)
I will just forget about this item and move on. Too risky. Especially these days that eBay became more strict.

quizmaniac 03-28-2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1080400)
This isn't a VERO item. They have made a mistake. It's a well known electronic but the logo was just colored in and Panasonic obviously didn't like that. I have already sold many of these items over the years with no issues what so ever from Panasonic. The only thing different about it this time was their logo was colored in black to give the whole item a stealth black look. The guy I purchased it from to re-sell also applied carbon fiber decals to the device.

If Panasonic don't contact ebay to LIFT that vero complaint against me, I have a black mark on my account for no reason at all. Ebay agrees that it is a silly complaint but they can't lift it unless Panasonic contacts them.

Zero chance of Panasonic contacting ebay to get your vero removed and even less chance of ebay contacting panasonic.

james_112233 03-28-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quizmaniac (Post 1080689)
Zero chance of Panasonic contacting ebay to get your vero removed and even less chance of ebay contacting panasonic. If your happy too relist it as you have sold loads before go ahead .one black mark wont matter if you plan on selling legit items only.

Relisted and item sold and paid for since that takedown ...

james_112233 03-28-2020 07:27 AM

They won't I have been selling these for years.

They clearly didn't like their logo colored in.

agent006140 03-28-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1080691)
fingers crossed they dont take it down again as you could lose the item, your money and maybe your account.

how can you take down something already sold?

quizmaniac 03-28-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1080697)
VeRO holders also search completed and sold listings, it's to combat 'buy it now' hit-and-run scammers.

spot on. a finished item can still be removed and you get a vero strike of some sort. Wont effect the sale itself obviously unless the seller tries to return the item but it happens.

agent006140 03-28-2020 08:46 AM

you mean the buyer tries to return the item .