eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Stealth account w/family member info. What info is contaminated by association? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/134745-stealth-account-w-family-member-info-what-info-contaminated-association.html)

Qwolfish32 04-01-2020 01:20 AM

Stealth account w/family member info. What info is contaminated by association?

NEW USER so here's a big wall of text.

I had an idle ebay account for years that just last month I decided to start selling on. Within hours of my first listing, I was perma banned. Well **** me. Right off the bat, I'm already out of the game. I can believe I got banned because I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to sign up instead of my real name. I can only speculate because customer service said they were't allowed to tell me. So Here's my question. I want to use my dad's account as a stealth account, but there are only two details which I'm afraid might link us. Those would be the IP and his account's address, as we live in the same house.

Here is my proposed solution. Log into my dad's account on a new device and change his address. Then take my extra modem and router to obtain a new IP and only use the new device with this IP.

Can this work, or is my dad's info already permanently tainted just by having the same address, and that changing before potentially getting him banned won't work? I suppose the order would matter, as to not cross contaminate IP address. Anyone ever do something similar?

rsot 04-05-2020 12:08 AM

Re: Stealth account w/family member info. What info is contaminated by association?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

If you log on with new IP and good stealth knowledge, don't change the address right off the bad - it could trip up security flag. It could be "tainted" but could be eased back into sales

Tgs 02-19-2021 08:52 PM

Re: Stealth account w/family member info. What info is contaminated by association?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwolfish32 (Post 1081528)
NEW USER so here's a big wall of text.

I had an idle ebay account for years that just last month I decided to start selling on. Within hours of my first listing, I was perma banned. Well **** me. Right off the bat, I'm already out of the game. I can believe I got banned because I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to sign up instead of my real name. I can only speculate because customer service said they were't allowed to tell me. So Here's my question. I want to use my dad's account as a stealth account, but there are only two details which I'm afraid might link us. Those would be the IP and his account's address, as we live in the same house.

Here is my proposed solution. Log into my dad's account on a new device and change his address. Then take my extra modem and router to obtain a new IP and only use the new device with this IP.

Can this work, or is my dad's info already permanently tainted just by having the same address, and that changing before potentially getting him banned won't work? I suppose the order would matter, as to not cross contaminate IP address. Anyone ever do something similar?

Addresses dont really link you, they would lose thousands of sellers if they barred the addresses as people move and more than 1 person could stay at that address.

as for the ip address .... turn your router off for 1 min and turn it back on again you'll have a different ip