eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Face recognition for activation of account. The end of stealth accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/137255-face-recognition-activation-account-end-stealth-accounts.html)

inneedofhelp 06-24-2020 02:17 PM

Face recognition for activation of account. The end of stealth accounts?

I read the other day that amazon (or maybe ebay) somewhere (maybe America) is now using the face recognition to activate accounts. Do you think this will end or maybe make extremely difficult the creation in the future of stealth accounts? I got a bit worried. What's your idea/opinion?

inneedofhelp 06-24-2020 02:24 PM

Re: Face recognition for activation of account. The end of stealth accounts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1101821)
LOL, I think you should try and get your story in order first. Somebody somewhere maybe said something.... sorry, no comment from me.

I apologise for that. It's something I read on facebook, but I'm not completely sure of all the details. I was convinced though that the experts would already know about it, if it's true.

Bigblackdog 06-24-2020 02:28 PM

Oh please - do you really think the civil rights brigade would stomach that?

But ..... if it was on Facebook it must be true .... was it Karen on Facebook?

e2free 06-24-2020 02:31 PM

Amazon can do anything they want and no doubt about this they start face recognition with ID

Bigblackdog 06-24-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1101827)

Everyone is throwing this phrase 'face recognition' around without asking the obvious question....what database would they be referencing it against to 'recognise' us?

LOL - aint that the truth!!:pound:

inneedofhelp 06-24-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1101824)
Oh please - do you really think the civil rights brigade would stomach that?

But ..... if it was on Facebook it must be true .... was it Karen on Facebook?

I don't remember unfortunately. I wish I did a screenshot. I will try to find it though. I'm so glad that it's a lie.

Darkineyye 06-24-2020 07:57 PM

even that would always be ways to pass it , they can't have a database of every face in this world or maybe in 2100

slokor 06-24-2020 08:17 PM

Wont happen in a million years.
The sort of biometric database they would need to get that done would be practically impossible for them to obtain without violating every kind of privacy law out there. And even if they managed to do so in the US there is no country in the world that would even consider it.

iamlmfao 06-24-2020 09:19 PM

they will start asking for selfi with ID. mark my words. ebay and amazon literally think they are banks LOOOL cvnts. ill still find a way to fvck em fvcking human r3tards.

slokor 06-24-2020 09:41 PM

Yet again - even if Americans are suckers enough to give up their privacy the majority of the world's countries will not allow this to happen. Contrary to what many think ebay and amazon are not just an American based company but rather a global one reliant on far more than just their American customer base.
Again - Never going to happen. At least not for non US customers.

cafonabob1 06-24-2020 11:40 PM

If it comes to that, there are ways around that too. With the world economy collapsing I think it would be easy to hire someone for $500/mo to be the front of your eBay business.

iamlmfao 06-25-2020 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cafonabob1 (Post 1101883)
If it comes to that, there are ways around that too. With the world economy collapsing I think it would be easy to hire someone for $500/mo to be the front of your eBay business.

i second this.

e2free 06-25-2020 02:05 PM

Cant beleive people dont understand how the face recognition they dont need any database its to compare with the ID photo to match the face which is very easy nothing special