\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Mc011 received :( family also suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/140749-mc011-received-family-also-suspended.html)

sadbay 12-14-2020 04:48 PM

Mc011 received :( family also suspended

I have had my account for years, received the dreaded email saying i'm suspended due to selling something you're apparently not supposed to (I didnt realise).

So they asked for proof of purchase and bank statement and I've sent both of these the other day and waiting to hear back. From looking on here I know my chances aren't great.

But what I'm most concerned about is that family in my household
have also been suspended from selling and are very annoyed at me. I didn't realise me getting suspended would affect them.
Is it possible if they say they dont know me their account will be ok?

(this is my one and only account, not had any other issues on it before)
(Im just a small personal seller not a business)

slokor 12-14-2020 05:34 PM

Re: Mc011 received :( family also suspended

Welcome to the forum friend.
They can try but I doubt it will do any good.
Ebay are not very reasonable when it comes to linking accts and suspending them unfortunately.

HurricaneHuntr 12-14-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadbay (Post 1130885)
I have had my account for years, received the dreaded email saying i'm suspended due to selling something you're apparently not supposed to (I didnt realise).

So they asked for proof of purchase and bank statement and I've sent both of these the other day and waiting to hear back. From looking on here I know my chances aren't great.

have also been suspended from selling and are very annoyed at me. I didn't realise me getting suspended would affect them.

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't care about feelings. They just do what they need to do to get by. I am surprised they are as conservative as they are, but i guess they have better metrics than i do on what works and doesn't work. I think you'll have a good shot at passing, if you provided a good invoice. That is important. If it's your own, as it sounds it is. The bank situation will be an easy pass for you, and the supplier docs , as long as you didn't send them Chinese documents, i think you can pass this! Goodluck sir!

Pandoras_box 12-14-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

This is becoming more common now that eBay is moving over to MP. There are huge fines that eBay would have to pay if they allow sellers list items that their payment processors do not support. eBay has said any such fines will be passed down to the seller - but I think they know how difficult it would be actually to recoup these, not to talk about the costs involved - so I don't know if they have opted for an 'a stitch in time saves nine' approach.
When PayPal bore all the risk, eBay would pull offending listings and perhaps suspend you for 3, 5, 7, or 30 days up to 1 year - but times have changed now.

If you don't mind telling, what were you selling?

Quote:

Just be hopeful, you never know.

Quote:

How many seller accounts are in the household, and were all suspended accounts under the same last name?
Were they all active sellers? If they were, did you all offer or sell some of the same items? Were they also selling items that violated eBay's policies?

This may be irrelevant now, but it is usually risky for relatives of the same residence to be sellers on eBay. This should be avoided at all cost.
I suspect they assume that upon the suspension of an account, a user will migrate to their relative's account to evade suspension.

Quote:

I'm afraid not.
On the contrary, even if your account is restored, that will not serve as a guarantee that all other accounts will.

Quote:

Being a personal seller could also count against you as regards your suspension. This may come as a surprise to you, but personal accounts are much more restricted in what they can sell than business accounts.

sadbay 12-14-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 1130896)
Unfortunately, eBay doesn't care about feelings. They just do what they need to do to get by. I am surprised they are as conservative as they are, but i guess they have better metrics than i do on what works and doesn't work. I think you'll have a good shot at passing, if you provided a good invoice. That is important. If it's your own, as it sounds it is. The bank situation will be an easy pass for you, and the supplier docs , as long as you didn't send them Chinese documents, i think you can pass this! Goodluck sir!

thanks, I really hope they give me my account back as I really enjoy selling on ebay and took pride in my old account! I have just provided a receipt for the item and my bank statement with my real info on showing orginal purchase of the item. I will update this when i hear back. I feel like it could be a good sign they only asked for those 2 documents as I read here about others being asked for id and other stuff but they only asked for those 2 things- so far anyway...

my family don't realise yet they could be banned for life, scared to break it to them as I don't think they'll want to do stealth.

sadbay 12-14-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1130898)
This is becoming more common now that eBay is moving over to MP. There are huge fines that eBay would have to pay if they allow sellers list items that their payment processors do not support. eBay has said any such fines will be passed down to the seller - but I think they know how difficult it would be actually to recoup these, not to talk about the costs involved - so I don't know if they have opted for an 'a stitch in time saves nine' approach.
When PayPal bore all the risk, eBay would pull offending listings and perhaps suspend you for 3, 5, 7, or 30 days up to 1 year - but times have changed now.

If you don't mind telling, what were you selling?

Just be hopeful, you never know.

How many seller accounts are in the household, and were all suspended accounts under the same last name?
Were they all active sellers? If they were, did you all offer or sell some of the same items? Were they also selling items that violated eBay's policies?

This may be irrelevant now, but it is usually risky for relatives of the same residence to be sellers on eBay. This should be avoided at all cost.
I suspect they assume that upon the suspension of an account, a user will migrate to their relative's account to evade suspension.

I'm afraid not.
On the contrary, even if your account is restored, that will not serve as a guarantee that all other accounts will.

Being a personal seller could also count against you as regards your suspension. This may come as a surprise to you, but personal accounts are much more restricted in what they can sell than business accounts.

I don't know much about MP, I just paid my seller fees by monthly paypal.
So it was just the one item that was an issue a blacklisted phone. I was scammed myself and just wanted to make some money back to buy a new phone as I thought someone might want it for parts.

So there 2 other ebay accounts in the house, 1 of them is a seller and that one is suspended however the other one doesn't sell and hasn't been affected by this. We sell completely different stuff. Same surname and address yes. No the other account was very by the book and as far as a know neber broke any rules at all.

I didn't know that before about it being risky for same seller, same address. I will definately remember going forward however!

Pandoras_box 12-14-2020 06:22 PM

Ah, thanks for the update.
Even if you're not moved over to MP yet, your selling activities are being graded against MP for eligibility/onboarding reasons.

Which of (if any) of all three accounts share the same last name?

Do you know if there's a difference in the suspension messages receive for both accounts?

sadbay 12-14-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1130907)
Ah, thanks for the update.
Even if you're not moved over to MP yet, your selling activities are being graded against MP for eligibility/onboarding reasons.

Which of (if any) of all three accounts share the same last name?

Do you know if there's a difference in the suspension messages receive for both accounts?

Yes all same surname and address.
My account got this: (removed ebay links)

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

To learn more about eBay's User Agreement, go to:

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:
-- Submit all of the following information using the below document upload link:

- Documentation that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. This can include either supplier invoices or receipts. Unfortunately, we're unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement.

-- Important --
- Make sure that your name and username appear on each document that you submit. If this information isn't included, it can't be processed.
- Be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, and legible.

Or you can fax documents to:
eBay
Attention: SRM Appeals
0044 207 153 0987

-- Note --
- It may take up to 3 business days to review your information.
- All documents submitted will be destroyed after we review them.

More specific details are provided below.

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

and my family member received one which said they have been restricted due to connection with me.

james_112233 12-14-2020 09:51 PM

Give them what they want and you'll be fine

defwax7 12-14-2020 11:49 PM

Provide ebay/paypal all they need to put on file!

sadbay 12-15-2020 05:38 AM

Great news everyone! I got a message from ebay today saying ive been reinstated! This all took only a few days too! I'm so happy I thought I was going to be banned for life after reading horror stories on here. Thanks for all your help everyone, if you want to ask me anything feel free.

rsot 12-15-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadbay (Post 1131006)
Great news everyone! I got a message from ebay today saying ive been reinstated! This all took only a few days too! I'm so happy I thought I was going to be banned for life after reading horror stories on here. Thanks for all your help everyone, if you want to ask me anything feel free.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Congrats :) hope for smooth sailing moving forward