eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Another account on same PC + IP not suspended? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/140880-another-account-same-pc-ip-not-suspended.html)

ozseller 12-20-2020 01:38 AM

Another account on same PC + IP not suspended?

Hey all,

Something interesting - I recently got suspended on my main business selling account after an MC011, two other accounts that were linked also got hit with a suspension.

Interestingly, another eBay store account that was also on the same laptop and IP address, just in Firefox instead of Chrome, hasn't been suspended. The name is different, but address and phone number exactly the same. The PayPal account isn't linked but has been specified as a place to get paid on listings (and has been paid to before) and as the exact same name as the one attached to the suspended store.

Any reason why? Does eBay believe this to be a different person (e.g. roommate and is avoiding it on purpose)? Just curious, and also would like to try protect the account if possible.

Cheers

TLDR: other eBay account, same PC + IP + very similar details, not suspended even though other account got suspended

HurricaneHuntr 12-20-2020 02:56 AM

Re: Another account on same PC + IP not suspended?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozseller (Post 1131972)
Hey all,

Something interesting - I recently got suspended on my main business selling account after an MC011, two other accounts that were linked also got hit with a suspension.

Interestingly, another eBay store account that was also on the same laptop and IP address, just in Firefox instead of Chrome, hasn't been suspended. The name is different, but address and phone number exactly the same. The PayPal account isn't linked but has been specified as a place to get paid on listings (and has been paid to before) and as the exact same name as the one attached to the suspended store.

Any reason why? Does eBay believe this to be a different person (e.g. roommate and is avoiding it on purpose)? Just curious, and also would like to try protect the account if possible.

Cheers

TLDR: other eBay account, same PC + IP + very similar details, not suspended even though other account got suspended

It will come... trust me. They go in waves, Sometimes it might be a month later, they will be coming for that one too. You need to use a good new solution and always new user account for all new ebay accounts

ozseller 12-20-2020 03:11 AM

That's concerning. A family member with an aged account that they sell on quite frequently uses the same IP address but different computer, name, number, will they get suspended?

Another person said if it didn't get suspended when all the other associated accounts got suspended, it should be good, so I'm hoping for the best.

Cheers

somanyquestions 12-24-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozseller (Post 1131977)
That's concerning. A family member with an aged account that they sell on quite frequently uses the same IP address but different computer, name, number, will they get suspended?

Another person said if it didn't get suspended when all the other associated accounts got suspended, it should be good, so I'm hoping for the best.

Cheers

I'm curious on this too. My girlfriend sells on ebay on a different device never logged into my computer but same address. The original address was created out east but we're both west coast now.

ozseller 12-24-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somanyquestions (Post 1132964)
I'm curious on this too. My girlfriend sells on ebay on a different device never logged into my computer but same address. The original address was created out east but we're both west coast now.

So far, they’re all good. Hoping for the best!

somanyquestions 12-24-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozseller (Post 1132965)
So far, they’re all good. Hoping for the best!

Hoping for the best myself. But I'm so bummed out at losing my account of 22 years.

ozseller 12-24-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somanyquestions (Post 1132967)
Hoping for the best myself. But I'm so bummed out at losing my account of 22 years.

What did you lose it for? An appeal may be possible if there was no malicious intention, unfortunately i did some feedback bribery so no appeals for me

somanyquestions 12-25-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozseller (Post 1132968)
What did you lose it for? An appeal may be possible if there was no malicious intention, unfortunately i did some feedback bribery so no appeals for me

Someone sold me counterfeit goods and i tried to do a ebay money back guarantee. They denied it and then i did a chargeback. After that they said i was abusing the seller even though thos was my first case for counterfeit goods.

ozseller 12-25-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somanyquestions (Post 1132969)
Someone sold me counterfeit goods and i tried to do a ebay money back guarantee. They denied it and then i did a chargeback. After that they said i was abusing the seller even though thos was my first case for counterfeit goods.

Can you verify that the goods were counterfeit? If so I may be able to help you. What was the item?

somanyquestions 12-25-2020 12:07 AM

Yes i can verify they're counterfeit. I can't pm though. Can you pm me and we can discuss it there?

Valhalla1 12-25-2020 02:55 AM

I knew similar cases and finally they were linked and suspended- In your place i would try to change account info step by step, slow.

ozseller 12-25-2020 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhalla1 (Post 1132987)
I knew similar cases and finally they were linked and suspended- In your place i would try to change account info step by step, slow.

The only linking factor is really only the address. And can’t they see address history anyways?

somanyquestions 12-25-2020 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozseller (Post 1132990)
The only linking factor is really only the address. And can’t they see address history anyways?

If only the address is a linking factor along with isp but completely different name and origin of creation will that person be safe?

rsot 12-25-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somanyquestions (Post 1132997)
If only the address is a linking factor along with isp but completely different name and origin of creation will that person be safe?

Never truly safe - what source of isp will/are you using?

somanyquestions 12-25-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1133018)
Never truly safe - what source of isp will/are you using?

Att fiber. It's gigabit internet with ip6 addresses.

maxy 01-10-2021 02:46 PM

My main account also suspended last month but my secondary account was also on the same PC and it is still live. Both ebay accounts using the same email paypal email for seller fees and receiving payment. But the name is slightly different and the address is different.