The way I organize my eBay accounts ... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-07-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default The way I organize my eBay accounts ...

Maybe this is helpful to some of you, so I thought I'd post it. As you may know, I have at all times about 4-5 active eBay accounts. This is the way I organize it:

Multiple Windows Accounts
I have one Windows user account for each eBay account, in addition to the account I work all day from, which is not used for any eBay account. The set-up for my Windows user accounts is something like this:

-> eBay account1
-> eBay account2
-> eBay account3
-> Personal Account

I only access each eBay account through its own Windows account.

Customized Firefox
For each Windows account, I have a customized Firefox browser. Under Tools > Options > Privacy, I have set it to keep cookies until I close the browser and to always clear ALL private data when I close the browser. I also have IP Address properties of your Internet Connection 74.53.11.194 --> showmyip.com <-- set as my homepage (you'll know why in a bit, keep reading).

Dialup Accounts
Under my main Windows account, which I use all day and which has administrator privileges, I have setup a dial-up account for each of the eBay accounts. Each one is with a different ISP. They are named just like my eBay usernames, so if my eBay username is "smackingwilly", my dial-up account is named "smackingwilly". When I log into the account "smackingwilly" through its Windows account, the first thing I do is click on the dial-up connection that is named "smackingwilly".

Keeping track of IPs
Once I'm logged into the dial-up account, I click on the home page IP Address properties of your Internet Connection 74.53.11.194 --> showmyip.com <-- and I write the IP address into a log file which I have on the desktop and which is called "smackingwilly IP Log". The file name also reminds me which account I'm logged into, so I have 3 reminders, the actual Windows account name, the dial-up name and the log file name. So once I'm connected, the entry I create in the log file is something like:

October 1st 2007 - 11:04pm - (IP here)

The next time I log on, I just append to that file. As the days go by, it may grow large, but it's worth it, trust me.

Now that I am sure that I'm logged into the correct account, which I verify by going to 'Start' and checking the account username, then double click on the bottom right on the dial-up tray icon to also verify the username and once again looking at the log file, I go onto eBay and log into the account.

Think it's a lot of work? It is in the start, but you get used to it and it really helps you from accidentally logging into the wrong account. After a few days you do it all in a few seconds.

Very Important Things
These are things I remember to do before I change from my main Windows account to my eBay accounts. Always close all your browser windows in your main Windows account. Reason? I sometimes watch my own auctions from my main Windows account and I don't want the same cookie there I've browsed with be matched to the dial-up IP of the account I log into. Windows connects all your currently logged-into accounts to the same dial-up connection, so be careful.

Also if you have Skype running, close it. Skype is an eBay company and while I don't know if they log and share IPs and account information, I don't want to risk anything.

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (03-09-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Windows user accounts, good idea for the non mac users. Ive gotten that question pm'ed to me a lot about my setup with aol and my mac. Unfortunately I dont think pc users can create unlimited installation of aol like on mac that don't share cookies and what not.
Old 10-07-2007

very good concept regarding windows accounts.. will definitely implement it.. thanks for sharing this nice info.. and goodluck
Old 10-08-2007

hey this rocks..

some update how u can maintain multiple accounts and juggle through them even with adsl connection... using imjustme info..

i dont know if it will work with every ISP.. i have adsl usb modem which i have to dial to connect my broadband provider and everytime i get a new ip so heres what i have done...

associate one ip address for one ebay account.. use ip burger to get ur ip address and note that down in excel.. now open ur dialup connection and goto setting and then manually assign ip address.. put this ip address in the dialup and as imjustme said name dialup according to the ebay account. also donot check on use this dial up for all users, this way it will auto disconnect when u switch users.. wat i have seen is 8/10 u always get assigned the same ip address which u manually configured if not than keep atleast 3 random ips for one ebay account.. easy aint? i m doing this now and guess wat i m juggling two accounts at same time without any problems... not with dialup but BROADBAND

thanks to imjustme
Old 10-08-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Good stuff imjustme, thanks.
Old 10-08-2007

nice logical & helpful advice imjustme

the idea of teamwork and stratergy building is really growing well on this forum now.

Before long we will have a definative guide to win
Old 10-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Assuming one is cleaning cookies after each session and using different ip's, what's the purpose of using different windows for each ebay account?
Old 10-10-2007
Executive [VIP]

I like the part with the ip october 10th ip 4435.3543.45.3 I do that now and keep it on a notepad and another on a world list 2 copies. In case one day something get deleted by mistake.
Old 10-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Assuming one is cleaning cookies after each session and using different ip's, what's the purpose of using different windows for each ebay account?
first of all i think u have misunderstood.. its not about using different windows.. just different accounts within one installation of windows xp, vista watever.. lets say u have ebay account xyz now u make a windows user xyz and use that account only to log on ebay id xyz .. also create dialup naming xyz make sure u dont select all users can use same dialup this will help when u will switch accounts it will autodisconnect elimiminating possibility of logging same ip on different accounts...

also try n follow my idea of manually assigning ip on dialup.. it might not work with every isp but it is working great for me.. at the moment juggling between 3 accounts.. before i was only using one
Old 10-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
first of all i think u have misunderstood.. its not about using different windows.. just different accounts within one installation of windows xp, vista watever.. lets say u have ebay account xyz now u make a windows user xyz and use that account only to log on ebay id xyz .. also create dialup naming xyz make sure u dont select all users can use same dialup this will help when u will switch accounts it will autodisconnect elimiminating possibility of logging same ip on different accounts...

also try n follow my idea of manually assigning ip on dialup.. it might not work with every isp but it is working great for me.. at the moment juggling between 3 accounts.. before i was only using one
I may have phased it wrong but I understood ... still what is the purpose of doing this? Can ebay link multiple accounts if you access them thru the same windows account but using different dial up ips and being cookie-free? I've never heard of this potential association before.
Old 10-10-2007
Banned

Uhm its all about organization
Old 10-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
I may have phased it wrong but I understood ... still what is the purpose of doing this? Can ebay link multiple accounts if you access them thru the same windows account but using different dial up ips and being cookie-free? I've never heard of this potential association before.
the whole purpose is to get better organized and better prepared so as to avoid one thing and that is getting suspended and creating risk of linking multiple accounts togather.. i m no longer clearing cookies bw windows logon accounts as they are specifically meant for that ebay account... these accounts are no longer connected/linked to each other as whenever i log on with those accounts i have already assigned a fixed ip for that account... my ip log file has also stopped getting bigger n much trouble some to maintain... i even remember my ip addresses for each account lolz...

previously when i was not doing this.. sometimes i had accidently logged onto some other account .. as i was using i.e for one and firefox browser to manage two accounts.. but now it has become very efficient and hassel free.. i have even associated logon id pics with my ebay world pics lolz even more fun
Old 10-10-2007
Banned

Good answer!