eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   I'm an idiot newbie VERO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/143698-im-idiot-newbie-vero.html)

foolmeonce 05-25-2021 06:10 PM

I'm an idiot newbie VERO

SO I stupidly sold custom made items I put together thinking that they could not be considered '⊗⊗⊗⊗" by the trademark owner since they are not copies of items they sell. SO they are not "authorized"

Yes, like I said an idiot

Ebay took my listings down on VERO complaint so here I am. The complaint listed Johnson and Pham as the rep for the company. I searched google and here I am, really an idiot.

This was a bit of a hobby for me. I made a few for friends and of course they said sell them on Ebay, so I did.

Sold them on my account, using my name and address (like I said before I am an idiot)

So they know who I am, have decided to target me. All my fault. So my listings were taken down with a note from Ebay telling me perhaps I did not know of the VERO rules. They only took the items from that manufacturer but I pulled everything down and would be happy to close my store (not my day job) even though I was not suspended and I have 600+ reviews, and 99% positives.

I have read everything here (mostly everything) about how to handle this. (ignore, lawyer up etc) I think they might go after me since I am an easy mark, not stealth, not an LLC

That said, they had Ebay pull my items on a VERO and did not send a letter (yet)

I am hoping that doing a VERO before having sent a letter means they may not go forward with anything else. I figured if they were really serious they would have just sent the demand up front to let me keep selling and dig a deeper hole. I am not sure how all this works

Is there anything I can do proactively to hopefully avoid or reduce a penalty. Close my store?

SaiJin 05-25-2021 09:24 PM

Re: I'm an idiot newbie VERO

Your eBay is still up right?
So you can't sell those items anymore. Custom but if you used any character, brand, logo etc from a copyright brand owner you can't do this anywhere.

If your items are TRULY custom and your creation, you can offer them on ETSY.

rsot 05-26-2021 03:31 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

foolmeonce 05-26-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1155193)
Your eBay is still up right?
So you can't sell those items anymore. Custom but if you used any character, brand, logo etc from a copyright brand owner you can't do this anywhere.

If your items are TRULY custom and your creation, you can offer them on ETSY.

Yes store is still up but only with public domain items, etc and listed as only "Fits" and "for" certain brands, except for anything that could be remotely related to those of pulled items (why take a chance for a couple of hundred a month)

I did have logo/brands on some, and some were "similar" IE "Jeepster" Like I said stupidly thought it was OK based on other things on the site. Pulled them all but like I said I was Stupid

But am willing to shut the store down totally if that will help any follow up easier to defend if problems are coming

I ended all of them and deleted those that were pulled by Ebay.

Question is:

would they leave me alone after sending a VeRO that was complied with or as an easy target am I in their sites for more hurt in the future. Am I just waiting for more problems that are definitely coming?

What if anything can I do to help any case now for something that may arise?.

Thanks for any thougths

yankee 05-26-2021 07:10 AM

You cant sell the item on ebay. End of story. Keep selling other items. Dont sell the problematic item.

Stop over thinking is the best start :)

foolmeonce 05-26-2021 07:38 AM

Double post sorry

Thansk for that, I will nto worry and see what happens,

I am going to take a breather from sellin. Pandemic is ending and getting busier. No longer with Idle hands and Idle mind...