eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Using multiple accounts to circumvent VeRo? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/144073-using-multiple-accounts-circumvent-vero.html)

Blaseblase 06-19-2021 08:18 AM

Using multiple accounts to circumvent VeRo?

Hi, as of right now the only things I can profitably sell are VeRo items. However, the account I’m using has gotten 2 warnings in the last month. The email eBay said my next violation will be a 2-3 day suspension. I’m using my gf’s account at the moment as I’m suspended.

But this got me thinking, what if I were to create multiple accounts with her info and sell these items on each one, moving on to the next after the first warning?

Or are vero strikes tied to your personal information/ip address?

agent006140 06-19-2021 08:24 AM

Re: Using multiple accounts to circumvent VeRo?

Vero is tied to the product you sell,but if you have a record of selling Vero items,you are on the blacklist

Blaseblase 06-19-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1158852)
Vero is tied to the product you sell,but if you have a record of selling Vero items,you are on the blacklist

And is the record tied to your account? Or your info/ip address?

My idea was to make like 10 accounts with non suspended info and ip and cycle through them after each one gets a warning

rsot 06-20-2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1158853)

My idea was to make like 10 accounts with non suspended info and ip and cycle through them after each one gets a warning

More easily tied to the account

agent006140 06-20-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1158853)

most Ebay sellers have multiple Ebay accounts,if one is suspended,it could bring down the others,how does it know if these accounts are all from one person,I think IP would be one clue.
But I have seen one account suspended but others are fine.
does your girlfriend know you are using her Ebay account,does she care if it gets suspended?

GreenBean 06-20-2021 08:03 AM

Just keeping on using the GF’s info too.

Good chance that will end the relationship.

At some point, OP, you should learn that VeRo selling causes grief.

Blaseblase 06-21-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1158953)
More easily tied to the account

So, I could theoretically make multiple accounts using her info (with her consent) and cycle through them after they each get a vero strike?

Blaseblase 06-21-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1158976)
most Ebay sellers have multiple Ebay accounts,if one is suspended,it could bring down the others,how does it know if these accounts are all from one person,I think IP would be one clue.
does your girlfriend know you are using her Ebay account,does she care if it gets suspended?

Yes, she and I are both using the account to sell the same type of items and understands the risk we're taking selling VeRo items.

My idea was that you typically get a warning on accounts after VeRo violation and if you continue selling the items eventually you get suspended.

But the idea is to have multiple accounts and move to the next one after the account's first warning.

Blaseblase 06-21-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1158976)

Yes, she and I are both using the account to sell the same type of items and understands the risk we're taking selling VeRo items.

My idea was that you typically get a warning on accounts after VeRo violation and if you continue selling the items eventually you get suspended.

But the idea is to have multiple accounts and move to the next one after the account's first warning.

PepsiCoin 06-21-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1159172)

you said the same thing twice...

rsot 06-22-2021 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1159170)
So, I could theoretically make multiple accounts using her info (with her consent) and cycle through them after they each get a vero strike?

If you keep using her info, the accounts get linked fairly easily - while the strike might likely just be tied to the account that has it...if the account goes down, the other accounts can follow based on similar info

Mr UK 08-30-2022 11:55 AM

op did you try this? And if so how did you get on? Please answer

SaiJin 08-30-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr UK (Post 1200228)
op did you try this? And if so how did you get on? Please answer

Old thread. Make a new one if you have a question