eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay Reinstatement Question/ Success Story (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/14451-ebay-reinstatement-question-success-story.html)

Johnboy1943560 10-28-2009 03:21 PM

eBay Reinstatement Question/ Success Story

Dear Fellow Fourm Members,

First of all please let me thank everyone on here who has contributed to this form, for the insight you have shared is an invaluable resource to everyone here.
I was suspended from eBay about five months ago for "Abusing eBay" section of the user agreement.
Here is a rough time line of the events that took place on my account

On Friday May 8th I relieved the following email
MC008 SNPD NOTICE: Restricted Account
Here is a link with a screen shot with my personal information blacked out just in case anyone on this from has not seen one of these dreaded emails in their inbox.

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ountAccess.jpg

On Wed June 3rd I received the following email
MC183 Notification of Limited Account Access OMARCP
Here is a link with a screen shot with my personal information blacked out just in case anyone on this from has not seen one of these dreaded emails in their inbox.
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ountAccess.jpg
This of course was because my PayPal account had become limited yes the one word that makes PayPal users freak out !

On Friday June 6th I received the following email
MC008 SPND NOTICE Restricted Account (Same title as the email from Friday May 8th but different information)
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ount-Indef.jpg
On Friday May 12th I got a reply to an email that I sent to eBay's trust and Safety Department with the following information and again I have removed any personal information that could be used to identify me.

Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the suspension of your account.

I reviewed your account and found that you were suspended under the
“Abusing eBay” section of the eBay User Agreement. Per this section, we
may immediately issue a warning, a temporary or indefinite suspension of
your eBay account, or a termination of your membership. We may also
refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions
may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

Your eBay registration was also suspended in part due to unresolved
issues with your PayPal account. In order to bring your account in good
standing, please contact PayPal directly for more information and to
resolve any outstanding issues.

You can contact PayPal by taking the following steps:

1. Open a new Web browser.
2. Go to the PayPal home page (www.paypal.com).
3. Log in to your PayPal account.
4. Locate and select the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the
page.
5. Under the “Help by email” section, select “Contact Customer
Service.”

Once you have resolved all outstanding PayPal issues, please reply to
this email for further assistance with your eBay account suspension.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

(eBay Employee name intentionally left out)
eBay Customer Support

Now after about five months of almost daily work in mid September my PayPal account was fully restored even though I was told that the limitation placed on the account was a "Permanent Limitation" I was able to successfully get it removed and my account fully restored to good standing. I want to note at this point in time that some of you might think well hey he got what he deserved however I want to let it be known that the only reason these events took place was because of a family tragedy that left me physically unable to perform my selling duties on eBay for the time span of about a month and a half. Now after being rather proud of myself for successfully doing what some might call almost if not impossible, restoring a PayPal account that was "Permanently limited" who's appeal had been denied I turned my attention over to the eBay side of the issue.
After writing a few letters to various departments within the eBay organization explaining things out in detail sometime in the past 10 days I received the following email.

MC042 RNO NOTICE: eBay Registration Reinstatement
Here is a link with a screen shot with my personal information blacked out.
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...2RNONotice.jpg

A few minutes after receiving that email I got a phone call from an eBay employee informing me that the suspension on my account would be lifted within 24 hours of me paying the remaining balance on my account from seller fees owed from before these events took place. I was provided with a phone number that reaches this eBay employee directly and I informed her that I could not make a payment at that immediate point in time however that sometime in the next few weeks I will be able to take care of the remaining balance. I was told that this was fine and I can understand that the suspension can't be removed until the fee is paid. However after a few days mainly this past week I began thinking well okay we all know eBay and how they sometimes try to pull a fast one over on people. With that being said I do honestly believe that as soon as I pay off my remaining balance that this employee who works in eBay's senior managment will in fact remove the suspension, as I have already gotten the email and I have her saying she would on tape or well a voice mail that was left on my answering machine. However what I am wondering is well okay I may have removed my suspension but will I be allowed to sell once again ? My assumption is yes that being reinstated means that you are in fact given another shot at being a full eBay member those enjoying all the benefits as such. I would like to hear from others who have successfully gotten reinstated on eBay especially those who were suspended for Seller non performance if I have in fact succeeded and my account will be active and aloud to sell once again or if I have just successfully jumped through one of many hoops needed in order to be a fully fledged member once again.

I want to thank everyone on this fourm once again for any advice/experences shared as well as for taking the time to read this.

oompaloompa 10-28-2009 03:23 PM

family tragedy, thats sad............congrats though