eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Suspended BF wants to sell under my name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/144625-suspended-bf-wants-sell-under-my-name.html)

Midsommer 07-20-2021 07:46 PM

Suspended BF wants to sell under my name

Hello lovely people! I Hope you are all doing well!

This is my first time in this forum. After researching and reading a lot of posts, I still have some unanswered questions left.

You see, my bf did dropshipping a couple of years ago, but had his account suspended. He now wants to try it again and has asked me if he could sell under my name and address, using his new Paypal account ofc.

I was wondering, would there be any legal implications for me according to EU law/policy? Could the account be suspended for having mismatched eBay/Paypal? Would i have to verify anything?

I have never used eBay, so I dont really mind about the account. I just dont want any problems with law and taxes and all that jazz.

Thank you very much and I wish you all a good day!

PepsiCoin 07-20-2021 07:47 PM

Re: Suspended BF wants to sell under my name

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midsommer (Post 1163610)
Hello lovely people! I Hope you are all doing well!

This is my first time in this forum. After researching and reading a lot of posts, I still have some unanswered questions left.

You see, my bf did dropshipping a couple of years ago, but had his account suspended. He now wants to try it again and has asked me if he could sell under my name and address, using his new Paypal account ofc.

I was wondering, would there be any legal implications for me according to EU law/policy? Could the account be suspended for having mismatched eBay/Paypal?

I have never used eBay, so I dont really mind about the account. I just dont want any problems with law and taxes and all that jazz.

Thank you very much and I wish you all a good day!

tell him you said NO he'd have a better chance of your parents approving of him marrying you than making it on eBay. eBay is a joke and the ceo is a dweeb. God bless you and have a great day

phaz0rz 07-20-2021 08:04 PM

If you're serious about the relationship then get involved with the business then make an account of your own. :noidea:
No sense in just shutting your boyfriend down out of the gate, in my opinion.

It's like everyone is against happy relationships these days and would rather bring potential legal implications into the picture before giving it a chance. :mad2:

Speeder33 07-20-2021 08:15 PM

You'd have to watch out for 2 things IMO:

1- If he was suspended before, its possible he will get your account suspended. Would you be alright with that?
2- If you 2 break up, would he be responsible for the taxes on your account?

Seems like an unnecessary risk to you. I understand wanting to help out your BF, but perhaps you can suggest he makes another account with new info as his old one was suspended years ago

Midsommer 07-20-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 1163614)
You'd have to watch out for 2 things IMO:

1- If he was suspended before, its possible he will get your account suspended. Would you be alright with that?
2- If you 2 break up, would he be responsible for the taxes on your account?

Seems like an unnecessary risk to you. I understand wanting to help out your BF, but perhaps you can suggest he makes another account with new info as his old one was suspended years ago

Hey, thank you for replying!

I did suggest making another account but upon creation, an ID number (DNI in Spain) is required.

Yeah, I am okay with having my account suspended! ^_^

We did discuss the problems a break up would bring, but he said he would delete the account if that were to happen.
But I dont understand the tax situation. Could you help me understand please? Would they be on my name even though he would be the one providing the bank account?

Midsommer 07-20-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1163612)
If you're serious about the relationship then get involved with the business then make an account of your own. :noidea:
No sense in just shutting your boyfriend down out of the gate, in my opinion.

It's like everyone is against happy relationships these days and would rather bring potential legal implications into the picture before giving it a chance. :mad2:

Nice point of view, I see what you mean and I dont disagree. I am serious about my relationship and I want it to be a happy one. Nevertheless, I am worried about legal issues as I am a university student with no income.

Midsommer 07-20-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCoin (Post 1163611)
tell him you said NO he'd have a better chance of your parents approving of him marrying you than making it on eBay. eBay is a joke and the ceo is a dweeb. God bless you and have a great day

Although your reply did make me laugh, what a shame for him and other eBay sellers. :(

rsot 07-21-2021 05:19 AM

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth :thumb: